06-28-11 08:55 AM
30 12
tools
    i wouldnt touch rimm for about another month. the stock will continue to go down to about 23-24, at that point might be worth getting into. even at 27, with no immediate catalysts, there is no need for this stock to reverse course til some time passes (til at least new phones actually come out, management changes - which would be a major boost - or QNX phones come out and they begin to change the company drastically)

this thing will still drop a bit. not much longer though and they will also become an M&A target. They are now worth less than Nokia, with a market cap of only 14billion may make them attractive to some company looking for a quick holding. Possibly Cisco, or other telecom players looking to break into something MOBILE. Def a company who has cash, and Cisco seems like one of those players that might bid if it falls into their strategic plan - which it may
    06-17-11 10:19 AM
    At the moment I can only see the stock price going lower. The value is there on the fundamental but people can't see anything that RIM offer in the future. Until they can can show the market they have a product line up to really grow market share and haul in the dominance of Apple and Android I can only see the price falling.

I think we will see a bounce of 10% or so next week with some money to be made if you are brave and can get in and out quickly. I would like to see some real positive solid news and earnings before diving in. For sure the price will have already gone up at that point but least the trend should return upward. At best in the current situation it will stabalise. Then if it finds a range it could be worth trading.

One valuable lesson is never try and catch a falling knife. - Exactly what RIM is at the moment unfortunatly.
    06-17-11 11:29 AM
    Within the next week i say its a perfect time to buy some stocks in RIMM. Sure it might go even lower but it will eventually rise again. Rim wont stay down forever. You know this! It might take a year or so but what if it goes back up to $100/share?
    06-17-11 04:56 PM
    Don't they have $6 per share in cash?
    06-27-11 08:18 PM
    Within the next week i say its a perfect time to buy some stocks in RIMM. Sure it might go even lower but it will eventually rise again. Rim wont stay down forever. You know this! It might take a year or so but what if it goes back up to $100/share?
    That's a big what if. What if they drop down to 10$ in the next 8months afte a few more bad quarters and only go back up to 30$ after the QNX phones are released 18 months from now? Alot of what ifs...
    06-28-11 08:55 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD