Sorry, should have been more clear, I meant iPhone design/HTC One.

BB8130<BB8330<BB9530<Palm Pre<HTC Desire Z<Galaxy S i9000M<iPhone 4<Palm Pixi Plus<Lumia 720<BB 9900<SGS 3<BB Z10<iPhone 5
    I got it.
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-03-13 10:37 AM
    BlackBerry is doing good. They keep the good stuff in the safe box and in a safe room. They're not showing it in public such as "CB, n4bb, and other blogs and websites" as of this time because blackberry knows that there are other companies' spies lurking all over the web/internet listening blackberry's next move.

All of you saw the great potential of the new operating system, Its versatile and flexible its not yet even using the latest and fastest processor but it works like one of those high end devices in the market right now. Problem are/is devs. Not all of them are interested to build/port their apps at this time.

Just my speculation.

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    09-03-13 10:54 AM
    Yes. But it is all software. It's interesting to me to see the difference in how people look at things. I am old enough to remember personal computers when it was very, very diversified (early 1980s in the US). We would go to computer shows and there would be computers with lots of different operating systems and all would praise the hardware specs, operating systems and some would talk about available hardware. IBM came along and began standardizing all of that and slowly the other systems started disappearing. The next big change was when "commodity" IBM machines came along. I was living in Austin at the time and I remember a friend and I driving out to this new computer store he heard about that sold parts and stuff to add to your IBM computer. It was called Dell. But that standardization really took hold. The reason some systems prevailed though, and others didn't was really the software. I recall them even calling it the "killer app". Probably the first for IBM software was Lotus 1,2,3. That had a huge role in making people buy IBM PCs. They wanted that spreadsheet.

A lot of people say that the apps don't matter much on phones. I think that is wrong. I think that the same thing that happened with PC software 30 or so years ago is happening here with smartphones, or possibly it has already happened. And it has left two major players.
    Today's lotus 1,2,3 are Facebook, Twitter, BBM, etc. These are social tools. Add a few games and you probably have 90% of real usage of apps. Ok, no instagram or a bunch of "big names" (essentially in the U.S, BTW) are missing. But you cannot underperform a device due to lack of companies support. Saying weak "Ecosystem" (or whatever you name it) may be correct, yet it doesn't turn any BB10 device to a "dumb".

P.S: I too was there when you had no mouse, a green text-only display and Gb was a syntax error for Great Britan ...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-03-13 11:27 AM
    Today's lotus 1,2,3 are Facebook, Twitter, BBM, etc. These are social tools. Add a few games and you probably have 90% of real usage of apps. Ok, no instagram or a bunch of "big names" (essentially in the U.S, BTW) are missing. But you cannot underperform a device due to lack of companies support. Saying weak "Ecosystem" (or whatever you name it) may be correct, yet it doesn't turn any BB10 device to a "dumb".

P.S: I too was there when you had no mouse, a green text-only display and Gb was a syntax error for Great Britan ...
    What I actually said was that I "use it" as a dumb device. I would argue that is true in my case. I also think it is true of anyone using a phone for calls, email, texting and a bit if surfing.

You cold say the same about a Commodore 64 as well.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-03-13 12:14 PM
    BlackBerry is doing good. They keep the good stuff in the safe box and in a safe room. They're not showing it in public such as "CB, n4bb, and other blogs and websites" as of this time because blackberry knows that there are other companies' spies lurking all over the web/internet listening blackberry's next move.

All of you saw the great potential of the new operating system, Its versatile and flexible its not yet even using the latest and fastest processor but it works like one of those high end devices in the market right now. Problem are/is devs. Not all of them are interested to build/port their apps at this time.

Just my speculation.

Posted via CB10
    You don't know BlackBerry very well do you!

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 12:59 AM
    What I actually said was that I "use it" as a dumb device. I would argue that is true in my case. I also think it is true of anyone using a phone for calls, email, texting and a bit if surfing.

So every smartphone that you use as a "dumb device" makes it true? Lol hilarious...

I'm not jesting here but to call a Q10 a dumb smart phone because you use it as such is a hard point to accept...I'm being honest here.

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-04-13 01:13 AM
    Q10 is not a dumb phone.
    09-04-13 06:40 AM
    So every smartphone that you use as a "dumb device" makes it true? Lol hilarious...

I'm not jesting here but to call a Q10 a dumb smart phone because you use it as such is a hard point to accept...I'm being honest here.

Posted via CB10

Well, except that isn't what I said. I said part of it, and you are drawing a conclusion on the rest. What I said was that I use it as a "dumb phone". By that I meant that I use it for calls, email, texting and a bit of web browsing. I don't consider that smart phone use. I also said, that based on posts from a number of people here on this forum, I think that is a very common way in which people use their Q10s, possibly Z10s as well. In my case, since I have an iPhone 5 as well, I find that I prefer or in some cases, need to use, the iPhone 5 rather than the Q10 for what I consider more smartphone uses.
    09-04-13 07:40 AM

Oh, so we had a "translation" problem here.
    09-04-13 07:57 AM
    Oh, so we had a "translation" problem here.
    Not sure if it is translation or jumping to conclusions. But the term "use it" is pretty clear, at least to me. And I do think it is accurate for me, and based on what I read here, a significant number of other users.

I will add that it doesn't matter the reason why software isn't available. It is or isn't available. So people can or can not do the things that they want to do well with a smart phone.
    09-04-13 08:02 AM
    I don't feel sad. I was loyal for so long and a staunch defender. I still adore my z10 but I'm starting to crack having to wait soooooo long for basic but appreciable updates. I can no longer defend BlackBerry Link being more buggy less functional than Desktop Manager.I can no longer defend BlackBerry protect having less capability than it did prior (won't store contacts). I can no longer defend the fact that it's been almost a complete year, and I still don't have 2 way sync with outlook. Unless I'm mistaken, these fixes are solely native BlackBerry issues (meaning that no third party are restricting them in any way). They should/could have been taken care of in the first 2 months.
    I don't want to go to the competition at all but if BB fails, I'm starting to believe/admit due to its very own shortcomings. So no, I won't feel sad.
    09-07-13 10:10 PM
    The phones are what they are. I wouldn't mind so much, but its the constant spin and bs from Blackberry that is very patronizing. They are too arrogant, without the products to back it up. I'd understand this attitude if they were killing it with success. But they haven't been for many years. And yet the same attitude exists.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    09-14-13 05:43 PM
    The phones are what they are. I wouldn't mind so much, but its the constant spin and bs from Blackberry that is very patronizing. They are too arrogant, without the products to back it up. I'd understand this attitude if they were killing it with success. But they haven't been for many years. And yet the same attitude exists.
    I see what you wrote.
    09-14-13 07:52 PM
    Nope, BB was 12 months too late and we need to fix it.
    09-14-13 08:42 PM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Os 10.2 will be a great starting point for Blackberry....with bbx and channels.... build on that base.

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    09-14-13 08:50 PM
    Do not feel sad for Blackberry, because there is no end.
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-14-13 08:54 PM
    I hear you out on everything you stated. Still got to keep the love going for BlackBerry though. Despite the few fixes that should have been addressed quicker than what it's taken, hold out strong and keep representing.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 09:10 PM
    You know, I just got a Q5 and think it's great.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 09:14 PM
    Do not feel sad for Blackberry, because there is no end.
    Ay time a company announces it is exploring strategic alternatives it is likely to be sad. It may work out, I hope it does. But it isn't good at this point in time.
    09-14-13 09:18 PM
    The sky is falling....the sky is falling!

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    09-14-13 09:26 PM
    The sky is falling....the sky is falling!

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    That's Blackberry's share price and credibility falling....
    qwerty4ever and TgeekB like this.
    09-14-13 09:38 PM
    It is falling... Only over Waterloo it seems.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 12:11 AM
    Short comings lol... BB10 did what it needed me to do since it's release. had it not I'd be using an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    The missing functionality of BlackBerry Bridge springs to mind whenever someone says "BB10 did what it needed me to do since it's release".
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-15-13 07:15 AM
    Ay time a company announces it is exploring strategic alternatives it is likely to be sad. It may work out, I hope it does. But it isn't good at this point in time.
    By the time BlackBerry announces its strategic alternative du jour there won't be many employees left within the company. Apple could buy BlackBerry lock-stock-and-barrel and then within months declare that Apple invented all the features which BlackBerry users had available for years. And the media and markets would be it up like children set loose in a candy shop.
    09-15-13 07:21 AM
    By the time BlackBerry announces its strategic alternative du jour there won't be many employees left within the company. Apple could buy BlackBerry lock-stock-and-barrel and then within months declare that Apple invented all the features which BlackBerry users had available for years. And the media and markets would be it up like children set loose in a candy shop.
    Why all the apple fantasies around here? Companies don't "declare" these type things. This isn't about apple or the media. It is about BlackBerry executing in a competitive market.

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-15-13 09:37 AM
175 ... 567