They had the best device, and now with 10.2 I can recommend it to anyone. It would be sad if they go, 10 years from now others may be approaching their level of greatness.

I think the built for BlackBerry icon was a great idea and makes BlackBerry World look so much better than play or app store due to the edgy professional in a good way and coolness factor.

BlackBerry is for warriors, i.e people who get things done whether fun or anything. Finding that party to go to is faster on BlackBerry could be a marketing direction.

BlackBerry need to get aggressive with marketing, not more of it they have decent amount in Toronto. Instead of keep moving, it's get moving.

With original Ronaldo or someone holding it, tap into people nostalgia with someone who is not best today but was considered above god yesterday.

If BlackBerry is stronger in third world it should cater to it in that way. It will make regular people of West want it too, and then it's a wrap.

Edit third world does not mean dirt poor it means not western. Cater to Latin America, or even just Brazil and use a different figure for the Spanish speaking ones. Same with Europe etc. They can do it slowly as they don't have the money now, but long term they will be back I feel.

Especially if they go private and can work at their own pace.

Posted via CB10. Khalistan Zindabad
    09-01-13 10:19 AM
    The beginning of your paragraph sums it up. "With 10.2 you can now recommend it to anyone." So you can recommend a device 7 months later because it has a fully functioning OS that isn't released yet to the general public?

Don't feel sad for Blackberry, wonder why they couldn't release BB10 in a state that you could recommend to others in the first place.
    09-01-13 10:22 AM
    There are a lot of mixed feelings out there, some good, some bad. Problem they face is too many people kicking them when they're down and encouraging their buddies to join in. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?
    09-01-13 10:26 AM
    There are a lot of mixed feelings out there, some good, some bad. Problem they face is too many people kicking them when they're down and encouraging their buddies to join in. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?
    So we're still blaming others for BlackBerry's shortcomings? That's a shame.
    09-01-13 11:32 AM
    Those short comings were made up for way too late.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 12:00 PM
    Short comings lol... BB10 did what it needed me to do since it's release. had it not I'd be using an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 12:03 PM
    Short comings lol... BB10 did what it needed me to do since it's release. had it not I'd be using an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Good. Now Blackberry needs to multiply you by 7 or 8 million per quarter.
    09-01-13 12:15 PM
    The beginning of your paragraph sums it up. "With 10.2 you can now recommend it to anyone." So you can recommend a device 7 months later because it has a fully functioning OS that isn't released yet to the general public?

Don't feel sad for Blackberry, wonder why they couldn't release BB10 in a state that you could recommend to others in the first place.
    Sounds like the upcoming windows 8.1 doesn't it? Or is it just typical of brand new os where it gets better after a few updates and it becomes recommendable.

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 and V22 like this.
    09-01-13 12:16 PM
    I agree that it is sad. I especially feel for the many employees. However, it should be remembered that there is a fairly large list of tech companies that rapidly rose and then vanished. BB may, as has been suggested, turn into a smaller, successful niche company. Time will tell.
    The Aficionado and Bobert_123 like this.
    09-01-13 12:29 PM
    I feel bad for the rank and file workers at Blackberry who are on a ship that is taking on water (and also the workers who were already thrown overboard). I DON'T feel bad for the current and especially past senior management at Blackberry's whose poor decisions, lack of strategic vision, and disregard for changing business conditions with their company' core business put the company in the position it is now. That senior management has primarily themselves to blame for Blackberry's current predicament.
    09-01-13 12:31 PM
    I feel bad for the rank and file workers at Blackberry who are on a ship that is taking on water (and also the workers who were already thrown overboard). I DON'T feel bad for the current and especially past senior management at Blackberry's whose poor decisions, lack of strategic vision, and disregard for changing business conditions with their company' core business put the company in the position it is now. That senior management has primarily themselves to blame for Blackberry's current predicament.
    Completely agree.
    nquyen likes this.
    09-01-13 12:36 PM
    At this point, the main battle is with perception. Which is likely the hardest thing to overcome. Their fighting against a public negativity rooted in people's lived experiences with legacy device that, though good, didn't live up to the rest of the market. So people's lasting impression is one of coming up short and always being behind.

That's not the case anymore. They aren't coming up short. They're on par and strongly IMO. However, the public doesn't see that. And the marketing strategies haven't shown that. And SALES reps aren't convinced of it. BlackBerry can, and should, do more with marketing. But part of that is getting those BlackBerry reps out there in the retailers, and selling the sales staff on bb10.

Q&A with an Ex-Mormon/LDS. Subscribe to Channel: C00121BDD
    Elite1 and currentodysseys like this.
    09-01-13 12:44 PM
    I don't feel bad for them. It took them half a decade to just react to the iPhone. Maybe if they just skip BB7 (I don't even think it took a year to create it anyways) and just focus on BlackBerry 10, launching it early 2012 it would have been a win win but like why did it take them an year and a half to get email on the PlayBook?! Mind blowing.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 01:04 PM
    At this point, the main battle is with perception. Which is likely the hardest thing to overcome.
    Partly true as perception is one part of their problem, and I do agree with you that that is hard to overcome. The other part of that problem is empirical. The users that left BBRY did so not so much because of perception but as a direct result of their experiences. Whether that was lack of apps, lagging specs, delays, device issues, boredom with one "retreaded" Curve after another, you name it, those things mattered. Once they left they liked what they saw on the other side and currently see no compelling reason to come back.

I still think more than apps, more than marketing, BlackBerry needs a killer device. Make one that puts everything else in it's category to shame and the rest of these arguments become academic.
    09-01-13 01:14 PM
    I don't feel bad for them. It took them half a decade to just react to the iPhone. Maybe if they just skip BB7 (I don't even think it took a year to create it anyways) and just focus on BlackBerry 10, launching it early 2012 it would have been a win win but like why did it take them an year and a half to get email on the PlayBook?! Mind blowing.

Posted via CB10
    Funny story...BB 7 was actually just BB 6.1 re-branded.
    And BB6 was a tiny upgrade over BB5 (webkit), but took 2 years to release.
    angad7.10 and richardat like this.
    09-01-13 01:16 PM
    Sounds like the upcoming windows 8.1 doesn't it? Or is it just typical of brand new os where it gets better after a few updates and it becomes recommendable.

Posted via CB10
    Do you think Blackberry could afford to be typical here? That's the point.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-01-13 02:36 PM
    @Dave...I'm talking about releasing a phone like the Z10, like 3 years ago. That's the short coming. They were late to the game and Droid and iOS took over.

Had they done then what they are doing now, I bet they'd be in a better state of affairs.

Posted via CB10
    Saiga and LuisCast like this.
    09-01-13 10:31 PM
    @Dave...I'm talking about releasing a phone like the Z10, like 3 years ago. That's the short coming. They were late to the game and Droid and iOS took over.

Had they done then what they are doing now, I bet they'd be in a better state of affairs.

Posted via CB10
    QNX made this happen. Without it BB10 would of never existed. Life is full of short comings, Apple was once a near bankruptcy and it took Microsoft to pour some money into it.

Posted via CB10
    maddie1128 and LuisCast like this.
    09-02-13 12:20 AM
    Well, they're not finished yet. Let's see what happens

maddie1128 likes this.
    09-02-13 12:40 AM
    Have you used a BlackBerry 10 device?

Of course!!! I used the z10! The OS is great and very original, but is just too glitchy and the phone and apps, camera and other features aren't that great!!
    I had a z10 white and it was beautiful, but definitely not worth 200 dollars for a 2 year contract.
    Henraay0623 and LuisCast like this.
    09-02-13 01:08 AM
    Blackberry is doing well already. It has picked up the pace. Stop worrying so much!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    09-02-13 01:20 AM
    Still can't have customisable profiles and notifications, so still can't recommend BlackBerry 10 to anyone.
    Maybe when they pull their heads out of the clouds and have a look at the way they are operating we might get some changes

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 02:18 AM
    Blackberry is doing well already. It has picked up the pace. Stop worrying so much!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    How do you know this? Where is the proof/
    I have been a BB user for more years than I can recall and had the Z10 in January 2013 on launch. Since then have tried the Samsung s4 and HTC one (my current phone) and in between bought another z10!! The z10 keeps drawing me back to BB but I am hesitant to completely commit self to them after reading and ascertaining the tragic problems the firm have landed themselves in. This is truly the fault of the company and unless they read the market in a different way and take advantage of marketing their excellent products in a different manner then BB are doomed. Many Mobile companies selling BB products have already adopted this stance especially in the USA. Writing from the UK I must say that BB products here are noticeable by their absence.
    09-02-13 02:41 AM
    Still can't have customisable profiles and notifications, so still can't recommend BlackBerry 10 to anyone.
    Maybe when they pull their heads out of the clouds and have a look at the way they are operating we might get some changes

Posted via CB10
    Someone mentioned to TH that the Cloud was the future, so he's been looking there ever since.
    09-02-13 04:03 AM
    QNX made this happen. Without it BB10 would of never existed. Life is full of short comings, Apple was once a near bankruptcy and it took Microsoft to pour some money into it.

Posted via CB10
    Good positive attitude, but get off the Apple kick already, totally unrelated and misguided.
    09-02-13 04:45 AM
175 123 ...