Today was the day, I had to choose between Z10 and few other devices. Picked up a Nexus 4. Going from 9700 to 9900 and then iPhone, so far it outperforms all three mentioned devices. I will stand for BB and defend it when needed to. Hopefully, the apps I need will be released on BB and it will win me all over again. Also, I want to thank Crackberry community and for all the times it bailed me out of difficult situations. I am still going to be checking this forum daily, as I used to before.
    This is tough
    kam2958 likes this.
    09-20-13 04:50 AM
    No worries, thanks for letting us know!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 04:51 AM
    I used a Samsung s4 and it is nice, to say it is not is a lie. I like my device heavy, but the S4 is a nice piece of hardware package and really light. Android is nifty and different but I prefer the BB10.
    09-20-13 05:06 AM
    Today was the day, I had to choose between Z10 and few other devices. Picked up a Nexus 4. Going from 9700 to 9900 and then iPhone, so far it outperforms all three mentioned devices. I will stand for BB and defend it when needed to. Hopefully, the apps I need will be released on BB and it will win me all over again. Also, I want to thank Crackberry community and for all the times it bailed me out of difficult situations. I am still going to be checking this forum daily, as I used to before.
    This is tough
    I know the feeling very well, but you'll get over it. I'm sure you'll enjoy the Nexus 4. It's a terrific phone, and you'll get the latest version of Android from Google as soon as its released, instead of having to depend on id�ot carriers. Plus you'll obviously feel a palpable sense of relief when suddenly all of these apps you have heard about (or which you are referred to constantly by ads from myriad sources that say their apps can be found in the App Store and Google Play) are available to you.
    09-20-13 05:58 AM
    It's ok, I used to own a vax but yesterday I bought a Dyson. It hurt at the time but I'm over it now.

Posted via CB10
    Berry_Pink and Vorkosigan like this.
    09-20-13 06:02 AM
    I know the feeling very well, but you'll get over it. I'm sure you'll enjoy the Nexus 4. It's a terrific phone, and you'll get the latest version of Android from Google as soon as its released, instead of having to depend on id�ot carriers. Plus you'll obviously feel a palpable sense of relief when suddenly all of these apps you have heard about (or which you are referred to constantly by ads from myriad sources that say their apps can be found in the App Store and Google Play) are available to you.
    One more thing is that i've spent past few hours customizing it, and i am not talking about just changing wallpaper and few things here and there. The whole launcher idea is pretty sikk if u ask me. my home screen is exactly the way I want and the apps are neatly organized. All I am saying is that, the phone itself isn't boring and there is alot to play around with. Best part? I didn't even have to jailbreak/root my device. Apps feel refined and snappy. I have handful of apps , Insta, Viber, Whatsapp , Twitter n Facebook. I am missing only 1 major app, BBM which hopefully gets released tomorrow.
    09-20-13 06:42 AM
    No need to feel bad about it. Just find what works for you.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 08:06 AM
    I looked at the Nexus 4 too. The deal breaker for me was the non removable battery and lack of expandable memory.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    09-20-13 08:24 AM
    Nexus 4 with no lte is a big drawback for me.. I was contemplating it at one point.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 08:27 AM
    Nexus 4 with no lte is a big drawback for me.. I was contemplating it at one point.

Posted via CB10
    I found out that the option to use LTE is wide open! I opened up the hidden menu and I was able to choose LTE. It didnt bother me much since my network (Wind) doesn't have LTE yet, but i hear ya!
    09-20-13 08:35 AM
    I am currently using the Nexus 4. Love everything about it. The battery lasts all day and there is plenty of storage for my needs. Great choice, enjoy!
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    09-20-13 08:42 AM
    Smartphone is not expensive as cars. Why don't you own, try and use both.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 09:06 AM
    Don't feel bad. This is Mobile Nations, you can be an enthusiast of multiple platforms . The Nexus is a great phone, especially for the price. And you get to experience pure Vanilla Android and be first to get OS updates.

Now don't forget to download BBM tomorrow!
    09-20-13 09:08 AM
    Don't feel bad. This is Mobile Nations, you can be an enthusiast of multiple platforms . The Nexus is a great phone, especially for the price. And you get to experience pure Vanilla Android and be first to get OS updates.

Now don't forget to download BBM tomorrow!
    Trust me, BBM is the only app i am missing, and will download it as soon as its released. And by the way Kit Kat is about 2 weeks away so I am looking forward to that as well.
    09-21-13 02:26 AM
    No need to feel like a traitor, you choose the best phone for you....PERIOD. I've personally been using two smartphones for months....it works out great for me
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    09-21-13 02:34 AM
    Wow, for once an "I left BlackBerry for _____" thread that isn't annoying or a troll in disguide.

Download BBM in a few hours and keep a little BlackBerry in your life

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 02:48 AM
    Wow, for once an "I left BlackBerry for _____" thread that isn't annoying or a troll in disguide.

Download BBM in a few hours and keep a little BlackBerry in your life

Nicely put....
    Posted via CB10

Nicely written
    09-21-13 03:06 AM
    I read somewhere BBM is being released at 7 am EDT, which makes it 5am here. Right now its 4:40 Mountain time, haven't slept all night, constantly checking forums and play store for the arrival of BB . No sleep for me haha
    09-21-13 05:41 AM
    Use what works for you for the tasks you need to accomplish.

Sent from my iPhone 5 on iOS7 using Tapatalk
    09-21-13 06:40 AM
    Did you at any time pledge your allegiance?

A phone is just a consumer product, for the most part interchangeable with other phones. It's not like a country/state which is unique to you because all the people you love live there and it mirrors your values. It's not like a team/organization who relies on you to do a job for them, you're just one tiny source of income to BlackBerry.

So no, there is absolutely no reason to feel like a traitor.
    09-21-13 07:53 AM
    yes, i am a traitor to....i feel bad for that. I hope Blackberry is able to pull itself out of this, i truly do. have had them since the old "pearl". This forum has always been able to help me and for that I thank you all. You have all been great....

yes, i will still continue to watch the forums, not as a troll.....

again, thank you all
    09-21-13 08:19 AM
    One more thing is that i've spent past few hours customizing it, and i am not talking about just changing wallpaper and few things here and there. The whole launcher idea is pretty sikk if u ask me. my home screen is exactly the way I want and the apps are neatly organized. All I am saying is that, the phone itself isn't boring and there is alot to play around with. Best part? I didn't even have to jailbreak/root my device. Apps feel refined and snappy. I have handful of apps , Insta, Viber, Whatsapp , Twitter n Facebook. I am missing only 1 major app, BBM which hopefully gets released tomorrow.
    check out mycolourscreen.com on your laptop to see how many different ways you can customise that thing :P

also reccommend you check out these apps, i use them CONSTANTLY for customisation, convenience and to keep the info i need at my fingertips

tasker: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....taskerm&hl=en, profiles guide: Profiles - Tasker Wiki
    uccw (custom widgets & make your own): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...omwidget&hl=en
    tsf shell launcher (pricey but the best launcher imo) or everything me beta launcher (very innovative and free)
    09-21-13 08:43 AM
    It's just a phone man. No need to feel bad about anything.
    09-21-13 08:45 AM
    Wow. I thought the OP was going to admit to working for the NSA. Lol.

It's a phone. Use what works best for and what you'll enjoy the most. If you've found that then be happy.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 09:25 AM