And then it's Two Dots and MineCraft once you're fully assimilated.
    Ah, my nephew plays Minecraft.

So, after Candy Crush, Two Dots & Minecraft, won't my IQ have dropped too low to play Angry Birds?

After all, if I lose 75 IQ points per game, by the time I'm on Minecraft, I'd be a moron. Still, I guess I'd be happy, so not all bad.
    DrBoomBotz and TgeekB like this.
    02-18-16 01:41 PM
    emm no what the point is (ill make it simple for you to understand) there are ppl with iphone who have no idea on how to use them, they get them because they like to be in the crowd
    Thanks for making it simple for me to understand, you're the best!

Did you have a problem with these types of people when BB was popular and they did the same thing and got a BB only because they were seen as cool or wanted BBM? Because that's reality.

Why do you care what these people do? They wouldn't know what to do with a BlackBerry either so I don't see what point you are trying to make unless it's that you'd rather clueless people buy your brand rather than the iPhone, which ain't happening unless it's of the Android flavor, to which the exact same cluelessness will occur. Have a great day!
    MikeX74 likes this.
    02-18-16 01:41 PM
    Ah, my nephew plays Minecraft.

So, after Candy Crush, Two Dots & Minecraft, won't my IQ have dropped too low to play Angry Birds?

After all, if I lose 75 IQ points per game, by the time I'm on Minecraft, I'd be a moron. Still, I guess I'd be happy, so not all bad.
    Yes, and Two Dots does not need to be patched to work on BB10... I prefer not to pay to unlock the level instead of just waiting 20 minutes to resume the game.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.2.2876
    02-18-16 01:51 PM
    emm no what the point is (ill make it simple for you to understand) there are ppl with iphone who have no idea on how to use them, they get them because they like to be in the crowd
    Or maybe they don't want to check their email on the device (some people don't want to be tethered to email - go figure)?

Otherwise, it's just pick a mail account type, enter username and password and possibly enter a server name.

You know, the same process as setting up an email account on a BlackBerry.
    02-18-16 02:16 PM
    You do realize at one time kids were buying Blackberry phones to use BBM and "be in the crowd", right?
    02-18-16 07:21 PM
    When 98.4 % of the world's phones are either iOS or Android , I do not imagine you could call this group the in crowd.
    02-18-16 09:32 PM
    Fully agree, if someone wants to forget or not remember the BB10 launch campaign that is fine, but it was real and big. Thor had ordered tons of phones and had planned on making a big splash. Unfortunatly a combination of factors (all Blackberry's in making) made all of marketing useless. No amount of advertising is going to help sell a product that was launched way too late and quickly developed a reputation as a buggy product.

Some here seem to forget all the problems with BB10 1.x. Combined with this was a lot of issues with BES 10. The combination of BB10 and BES10 were suppose to be the future. By the end of summer in 2013 both products were having big problems in the market. By September BlackBerry had a lot of unsold inventory, this is a big problem for a hardware company. BlackBerry was on the hook for all of the unsold inventory. The situation because so bad Heins and the Board had given up and put BlackBerry up for sale. This was a huge PR nightmare - no marketing in the world is going overcome this level of bad press. Combined was several quarters of not just bad, but disastrous results - not just losses, but burning through tons of cash.

The Chairman and CEO were fired and by the end of 2013 Chen was brought in as COB and Temporary CEO. The company was in total crisis mode. The cash burn was so bad that analysts were predicting when BB would run out of cash. Without cash BB could not build phones, no manufacture is going to stock parts and build inventory for a company that can't cover their costs. Chen had two main goals and he had to do them fast. Stop the cash burn and get rid of the old guard inside BB that could not comprehend that BlackBerry was dying. BlackBerry employees had never seemed to have a since of urgency. They took way too long developing BB10 and they seemed to be unwilling to burn the midnight oil to fix BES and BB10. The updates did finally get out, BES 12 is a good product and BB10 came together with ver 2.1. The problem is that in the technology market it is almost impossible to make a good second impression. If BB10 1.0 had been launched in the Spring of 2013 with the quality of version 2.1 I believe BlackBerry would be a different company today. Not strong, but would probably have about 3-5% market share.
    Well said ! They were huge problem with BlackBerry 10 at launch . I remember many of my colleagues ditched their Z 10 and went to Samsung and iPhone. I had personally switched also to a Note II for a while and came back when 10.1 was released. I was and I am still a great BlackBerry fan but at that time I was not recommending their phones to anyone . Even for my wife I had bought an iPhone.
    02-20-16 07:46 PM
    ... which is your 'opinion'... and completely wrong in MANY people's opinion...
    Not really.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 07:52 PM
    Me and my 12 year old son got into a conversation about phones tonight for some reason.
    he really liked my BlackBerry z30 along with a bunch of his friends that played around with it.
    this is what he said, nobody Evan knew about the new blackberry phones because they didn't advertise so that's why nobody bought them and same for the BlackBerry android he says none of his friends even know they have an android blackberry.

Ouch

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    02-20-16 09:11 PM
    Me and my 12 year old son got into a conversation about phones tonight for some reason.
    he really liked my BlackBerry z30 along with a bunch of his friends that played around with it.
    this is what he said, nobody Evan knew about the new blackberry phones because they didn't advertise so that's why nobody bought them and same for the BlackBerry android he says none of his friends even know they have an android blackberry.

Ouch

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!!

This story has played out over and over and over again... some here, along with Chairman Chen just refuse to see it...
    02-20-16 10:10 PM

Ouch

Posted via CB10
    Now that he knows, does he want one? Would a BB10 device fit his needs?

Advertising is definitely important, but first, one needs something competitive to talk about.
    Witmen likes this.
    02-21-16 01:28 AM
    I wonder why with all the celebs using BlackBerry phone and being so loyal to their BlackBerry, why can't BlackBerry actually capitalize on that and advertise their handsets. You know how the young people are all about keeping up with those attention hos these days.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 02:58 AM
    The ONLY attributes that BlackBerry can advertise are the physical keyboard, capacitive keyboard, trackpad and the dedication to installing security patches on PRIV.

The price charged for the PRIV is too high. Consumers just assume that the apps are there and are not interested in bloat ware except for the lack of it.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 03:12 AM
    The "something else" is the Priv.
    But the "something else" isn't selling.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 03:12 AM
    The ONLY attributes that BlackBerry can advertise are the physical keyboard, capacitive keyboard, trackpad and the dedication to installing security patches on PRIV.

The price charged for the PRIV is too high. Consumers just assume that the apps are there and are not interested in bloat ware except for the lack of it.

Posted via CB10
    After knowing the curved screen of Priv has such high ppi and the fact that its keyboard is the same as Passport with the touch sensitivity and the fact that BlackBerry actually bothered to implement its prestigious BlackBerry technology into an Android OS, I have no issue with the high price tag. With that being said, I am not among the target group of Priv, because I don't want to have anything to do with Google's Android stuff.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 03:33 AM

Ouch

Posted via CB10
    Does he want one for himself? Is he getting one? Are any of his friends getting one?

If the answer is no (and I'm pretty sure it is), then clearly knowing about and "really liking it" is not enough to make a sale.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    02-21-16 07:38 AM
    Now that he knows, does he want one? Would a BB10 device fit his needs?

Advertising is definitely important, but first, one needs something competitive to talk about.
    Aw dang, we must've been on the same wavelength!

Tre Lawrence likes this.
    02-21-16 07:39 AM
    Does he want one for himself? Is he getting one? Are any of his friends getting one?

If the answer is no (and I'm pretty sure it is), then clearly knowing about and "really liking it" is not enough to make a sale.

I'm sure the entire school will be asking their parents for a new BB10 device.
    02-21-16 08:07 AM
    Exactly!!

This story has played out over and over and over again... some here, along with Chairman Chen just refuse to see it...
    Well to be fair he was hired to save money not save blackberry handsets. He's a bean counter as I'm sure you and others would have noticed by now. It doesn't matter what we think just as long as Perm Watsa gets his money back. That's what it's all about. Prem just wants his investment profitable and doesn't matter what the company looks like in the future as long as that's the case.
    02-21-16 09:34 AM
    Exactly!!

You keep forgetting to read how the story ends, over and over and over again. They all (okay 99%, not ALL) still wind up with Apple and Android.

Verizon still sells the Z30. Anyone who wants one can get it right now, no questions asked. The moral of the story is "it's cool enough for you, it's just not cool enough for me."
    02-21-16 09:55 AM
    You keep forgetting to read how the story ends, over and over and over again. They all (okay 99%, not ALL) still wind up with Apple and Android.

Verizon still sells the Z30. Anyone who wants one can get it right now, no questions asked. The moral of the story is "it's cool enough for you, it's just not cool enough for me."
    They all end up with Apple or Android because none of them know ANYTHING about BlackBerry.

That fact cannot be denied and still plays out over and over and over and over again.

Just in the last week I've heard at least a dozen times " I didn't know BlackBerry still made phones".

When no one knows you exist there is exactly zero chance of success.
    02-21-16 10:00 AM
    I wonder why with all the celebs using BlackBerry phone and being so loyal to their BlackBerry, why can't BlackBerry actually capitalize on that and advertise their handsets. You know how the young people are all about keeping up with those attention hos these days.
    "All those celebs" is, what, a dozen? Two dozen? Out of tens of thousands of celebs? I hardly think they're going to convince many people. It's well-known that most celebs already carry the same phones that are most advertised: iPhones or Galaxies. And even many of the BB fans also use one of the other platforms as well.
    02-21-16 10:12 AM
    They all end up with Apple or Android because none of them know ANYTHING about BlackBerry.

That fact cannot be denied and still plays out over and over and over and over again.

Just in the last week I've heard at least a dozen times " I didn't know BlackBerry still made phones".

That's where we disagree. They were late to the game and the winners had already been determined. I think BB10 is an excellent OS, but everyone had already committed to the other ecosystems and were pretty much happy with their choice.

I have no way to prove my opinion is correct, but neither do you. What played out played out.
    02-21-16 11:20 AM
    That's where we disagree. They were late to the game and the winners had already been determined. I think BB10 is an excellent OS, but everyone had already committed to the other ecosystems and were pretty much happy with their choice.

I have no way to prove my opinion is correct, but neither do you. What played out played out.
    I've said it before, but I'll say it again.

The fact that Netflix and Instagram did not even bother porting to BB10 on day 1, sealed the deal in my eyes. That was the end right then. Feb 2013. This proves to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that the ecosystem war for BB10 was over before it started.

Also, to me, getting the Google Apps on launch day was a necessary baseline. Without those, there wasn't even a remote chance. More than the apps themselves, it would have shown a commitment level from a major player.
    Last edited by conite; 02-21-16 at 01:27 PM.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-21-16 11:32 AM

Or maybe they know enough to know that BB10 doesn't do what they need.

Which basically made it the same as BBOS in the average consumer's eyes.

I'm a BlackBerry fan and even i can't recommend BB10 in good conscience to the average user - it just doesn't do what they need.
    Bbnivende, TgeekB, MikeX74 and 3 others like this.
    02-21-16 12:04 PM
352 ... 910111213 ...