hi crackberry. I recentley just dropped my phone in a cup of juice and it worked for a few seconds when i took it out of the cup. then it totally shut off! i tried turning it on but it wouldnt. So, i took out the battery and let it dry for a few minutes. When i put the battery back in, a red light is flashing. and the keyboard lights up. But it wont show the screen. And then i hear something at the back of my phone and its coming from my battery. its like a crackling noise. PLZZZZ HELP ME! MY PARENTS ARE GONNA KILL ME IF THEY FIND OUT THIS HAPPENED!!!!
    04-13-14 05:53 PM
    hi crackberry. I recentley just dropped my phone in a cup of juice and it worked for a few seconds when i took it out of the cup. then it totally shut off! i tried turning it on but it wouldnt. So, i took out the battery and let it dry for a few minutes. When i put the battery back in, a red light is flashing. and the keyboard lights up. But it wont show the screen. And then i hear something at the back of my phone and its coming from my battery. its like a crackling noise. PLZZZZ HELP ME! MY PARENTS ARE GONNA KILL ME IF THEY FIND OUT THIS HAPPENED!!!!
    Put your phone in a box of white rice for a day
    04-13-14 05:55 PM
    Make sure you take out the battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 06:17 PM
    Water and electricity don't work well together, hence the reason why they snap, crackle and pop.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    04-13-14 06:35 PM
    Shouldn't have dropped it in the cup

Posted via CB10 with z10
    04-13-14 06:37 PM
    You shouldn't have put the battery back in straight away. You need to thoroughly dry out the phone first. Leave it in an airing cupboard for at least 4 days. Then put the battery back in and try it. Mind you, that's being wise after the event.

Think you may have well fried it but you will know next time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-13-14 07:22 PM
    Best you can do is let it sit in some rice, completely covered in it. Don't attempt to turn it on until tomorrow. It may be done for though.
    04-13-14 07:33 PM
    First and probably last last mistake :/
    Like others have said, best bet is a bunch of rice.

In case of future tragedies, never attempt to power any device straight away.
    The best of luck! Keep us posted.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    04-13-14 07:38 PM
    It isn't the water, it's the sugar and ions in your juice that's the villain. I think you have killed it by trying to use it right away. Next time, power down immediately. If you want to try to save the phone anyway, use distilled water to thoroughly clean out, then dry and stick in the dry rice (note the latter only works if your relative humidity is fairly high; otherwise, if you are living somewhere very dry, just leave the phone out).

Good luck.
    04-13-14 07:43 PM
    It's ok, just drink the juice!!!!
    04-13-14 08:12 PM
    Liquidpel it next time

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 09:18 PM
    It isn't the water, it's the sugar and ions in your juice that's the villain. I think you have killed it by trying to use it right away. Next time, power down immediately. If you want to try to save the phone anyway, use distilled water to thoroughly clean out, then dry and stick in the dry rice (note the latter only works if your relative humidity is fairly high; otherwise, if you are living somewhere very dry, just leave the phone out).

Good luck.
    Do this.

Cleaning out the juice is an important step. I would also buy a new battery, which often can be inexpensive on ebay when directly buying from China.

Most importantly though: tell your parents what happened. As both a parent and clumsy buffoon who was once young and did many foolish things, I have to say, we old folks can be more understanding than you youngins imagine. That said, your milage may vary.

Juice, it can happen to anyone.
    KDB84 and Uzi like this.
    04-13-14 09:38 PM
    Juice has got to be pretty sticky, like others said rice is your friend, it works when dropped in water but juice, I don't know? Good luck
    04-13-14 11:12 PM
    take the battery out immediately after and let it dry in the bag of rice. Leave it for two days and try a new battery if you have

? Slicing using my ?
    04-14-14 08:03 AM