I was so happy to ditch my touchscreen Treo when I bought my BlackBerry earlier this year, so I haven't been impressed by the Storm. Yet. It is a BlackBerry, so there is a possibility that I might be convinced. Someday. I still love my Curve after 9 months and that says a lot for me and phones!
    Couldn't say it better myself
    10-08-08 05:01 PM
    I'm not dieing for a Storm either...maybe someday down the road I'll be convinced but as it is I'm not.

I love my curve and I'm waiting for Rogers to eventually roll out the Javlin.
    10-08-08 06:11 PM
    I left a Treo for my Curve and I will never go back. I go through phones fast. I always like to have the newest ones, but I'm sticking with my BB Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 06:20 PM
    Well, I won't go so far as to say I don't want a Storm. Truth is, I'm not sure until I actually try one out, though I like what I've seen and read.

That said, the contract on my Curve 8310 isn't up until next June so I'll definitely have it until at least then since I don't want a Storm badly enough to pay for getting out of the contract early. And that's fine; I just did some upgrades on it, and I'm perfectly happy with the Curve for now. It does everything I need.

Come June, we'll see what's available and I'll go from there. I figure by then, the Storm, Bold and Curve 8900 (aka Javelin) will all have been out for awhile, plus who knows what else. If I decide I want a Storm at that time and ATT still does have it (I've got a feeling they may), I'll buy an unlocked one.
    10-08-08 06:24 PM
    I'm still holding opions till I hold the thing and have a chance to play with the touchscreen, but I have very little faith in touchscreen devices...all are flawed and even HTC who been making them for years now still cannot get it right...even the almighty Jesus phone suffers from the touchscreen issues.
    10-08-08 06:38 PM
    not a touch screen fan either (had iPaq, m500 thingy etc) also don't like the call buttons at the bottom of the phone.

I'll stick with my bold and it's keyboard.
    10-08-08 06:47 PM
    I'm interested to see what the buttons will feel like. But its hard enough already to text with tiny BB buttons, and I can imagine it'd be harder if they're just touch, not something I can actually 'grip'. iPhones are a pain to text on imo.
    10-08-08 06:49 PM
    The only way I get a touchscreen phone is if it also has a physical non-sliding keyboard (ala Treo/Centro). I don't care if the Storm's touchscreen can be pushed like a real button. I have to have the feel of when a key or button ends and the next one begins. No touchscreen-only phone will give me that.
    Last edited by CeluGeek; 10-09-08 at 09:26 AM.
    10-09-08 09:21 AM
    But the Storm has "ClickThrough"... it's like a Button! You'll have your buttons... PLUS a big screen. Can't wait to try it out.

Personally, I just want one of each BlackBerry. I'd never not want one. Though I am starting to run out of pockets to carry these things in. D'Oh!
    Cargo pants Kevin, CARGO PANTS! :-)
    10-09-08 09:33 AM
    Touchscreens = fail.

They wear out, fingerprints, wasted screen space, the list goes on and on.
    10-09-08 12:00 PM
    I would probably break it in a week.

Me + Touchscreen device = Never gonna happen!
    10-09-08 12:11 PM
    I'm gonna wait for the Niagara then play with them both and make up my mind from there.
    10-09-08 12:32 PM
    I dont want a storm either i want a BOLD lol i need real actual buttons not touch sreen buttons

10-09-08 01:05 PM
    Maybe I'm the only one around feeling like this but I just have to say that I don't want a Storm!

I started this thread, not to bash the Storm or those who want one, but to have a place for those of us who want our CBs to have buttons.

I like my buttons, rather I want my buttons, hmmm, no, I NEED my buttons!

Maybe no one else will respond to this thread and that's okay, I feel better just getting it off my chest.

If you also don't want to give up your buttons and need to get it off your chest feel free!

Maybe my signature should be "push my buttons."

thank goodness, I am not the only one!!!! before I got my curve i really wanted an iphone. i played with a few and decided i HATED a touch screen!!!! i am perfectly happy with my curve!!!!
    10-09-08 01:16 PM
    I had a Mogul... I wanted to kill myself, I don't trust touchscreens, although I know it will be awesome because it's a Blackberry... still I don't want a Storm, I'll stick with my beautiful Curve...
    10-09-08 02:09 PM
    I can't deny that some of the touch screen phones out these days are nice devices. The haptic feedback technologies are even making the keyboards much easier to use.
    The one thing I can't get past is having a giant, wonderful screen only to have %50-%80 of it taken up every time I want to text or write an email. I'm quickly falling in love with my new 8330 and, most likely, will never buy another phone without a stationary or slide out keyboard.
    10-09-08 02:46 PM
    I'm not wanting to switch cell carriers. I live in a very rural part of Arkansas and Nextel, strangely enough, is the only cell service provider that works. So unless the storm is coming out through Nextel, I don't want one either.
    10-09-08 03:09 PM
    Same here...I am not a fan of touch screens. I am forever wiping fingerprints and whatnot off of my Curve screen...can't imagine putting them there on purpose.
    10-09-08 03:15 PM
    I had a Treo too and didn't get the screen protecter for the same reason plus if it would bubble or the corners start to peel I would pick at it. The screen held up with no scratches. ( I took good care of it) too bad the phone was **** which brought me (thank goodness) to BB. I love my Curve but I want to play with the Storm before I make a decision whether to switch. I think everyone should.
    10-09-08 03:43 PM
    Maybe I'm the only one around feeling like this but I just have to say that I don't want a Storm!

I started this thread, not to bash the Storm or those who want one, but to have a place for those of us who want our CBs to have buttons.

Maybe no one else will respond to this thread and that's okay, I feel better just getting it off my chest.

If you also don't want to give up your buttons and need to get it off your chest feel free!

Then don't buy it... simple enough.

(And the Storm is actually different than any other touchscreen available because of the fact that the entire screen is like one big button! You actually have to press the touch screen... making it seem more tactile)
    10-09-08 03:52 PM
    The Storm looks kewl, but no WiFi!
    If this is supposed to be duking it out w/ the iPhone, shouldn't it have WiFi?
    10-10-08 02:04 AM
    I am way too ocd to deal with all the fingerprints.

10-10-08 08:30 AM
    i'll def. need to try out the storm before committing. maybe get it and use for the 30 day trial period. i've never had a touch screen, and was always against them for the no physical button issue, but maybe the touchthru will make the difference. only time will tell.
    10-10-08 08:37 AM
    I'm not a fan of a completely touch screen phone; one of the reasons I renewed my Verizon contract instead of going to ATT and an iPhone. I like being able to txt/type with one hand without having to look at every key press/tap. Right now depending on what I'm saying, I can type almost a full sentence without looking at the keyboard because I txt so much...impossible on a touchscreen qwerty. It's also a lot easier for me to txt and drive (ya its bad, oh well). I hope the storm keyboard is as great as it is supposed to be, I still won't buy it, but I think Apple is a very selfish company so I like to see them trumped.
    Last edited by dredayholiday; 10-12-08 at 10:19 AM.
    10-12-08 10:16 AM
    Speaking of the iPhone...anyone else see this?

iPhone to come in CDMA flavor soon? (Phone Arena)
    10-12-08 05:24 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD