Maybe I'm the only one around feeling like this but I just have to say that I don't want a Storm!

I started this thread, not to bash the Storm or those who want one, but to have a place for those of us who want our CBs to have buttons.

I like my buttons, rather I want my buttons, hmmm, no, I NEED my buttons!

Maybe no one else will respond to this thread and that's okay, I feel better just getting it off my chest.

If you also don't want to give up your buttons and need to get it off your chest feel free!

Maybe my signature should be "push my buttons."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 02:19 PM
    That's ok. Everybody's different, and RIM is still manufacturing BlackBerrys with a full compliment of buttons.

People thought it was weird, being a Mac-fan, that I didn't jump on board the iPhone bandwagon.

Choices people, what it's all about.
    10-08-08 02:25 PM
    But the Storm has "ClickThrough"... it's like a Button! You'll have your buttons... PLUS a big screen. Can't wait to try it out.

Personally, I just want one of each BlackBerry. I'd never not want one. Though I am starting to run out of pockets to carry these things in. D'Oh!
    10-08-08 02:27 PM
    I'm with you I prefer the traditional berry.
    10-08-08 02:29 PM
    Well, I just want something high end on T-Mobile USA. Storm, Bold, Javelin whatever! Give it HSDPA that supports the AWS band IV T-Mobile uses and I will buy it.
    10-08-08 02:31 PM
    Personally, I just want one of each BlackBerry. I'd never not want one. Though I am starting to run out of pockets to carry these things in. D'Oh!
    How about a Fanny-Pack? Those things are still in style, right?

I'm eagerly awaiting the final release of the Storm here, too. I totally have to try that ClickThrough touchscreen.
    10-08-08 02:34 PM
    I have been waiting patiently for the Javelin...
    10-08-08 02:35 PM
    Hmm. I love my Curve, but I already solved that - I'm keeping my 8330 for my business line, and I'm putting the Storm on my personal line. Voila - best of both worlds.
    10-08-08 02:36 PM

Personally, I just want one of each BlackBerry. I'd never not want one.
    I feel ya!! If I had the money, i'd buy them all! Different day=different berry. I don't think I would PREFER the storm, but hey! I'd try it on for size
    10-08-08 02:36 PM
    Finally...!

i don't want a Storm either. not only because i just got my curve but because i don't like touch screen! i have seen too many Dares and Voyagers smeared with figerprints.

maybe not a big deal to some but as it is i am constantly cleaning the screen on my curve. so i can't fathom having a FULL touch screen.

i like my buttons as well!

i'm hoping VZW gets the Bold and i can wait for it. i don't like the leather back though.

i love my Curve!
    10-08-08 02:39 PM
    Yeah, if money were no object I would have one for each day of the week if I could!

10-08-08 02:40 PM
    Id love a hybrid keypad+touch screen first. I cant see myself jumping from qwerty straight to touch-only. Besides, I gotta try a BOLD first.
    10-08-08 02:41 PM
    i love my curve currently, maybe someday ill get a touch screen, but im perfectly happy with my curve!!!!
    10-08-08 02:41 PM
    Well, being an ex-Treo user, I did like the touch screen and it took getting used to the Curve. That said, I do love my Curve, but am very interested in the Storm.

I am wondering how good the screen will hold up, touching it all the time, as I don't like the clear plastic screen protectors, they make it grainy looking.
    10-08-08 02:43 PM
    But the Storm has "ClickThrough"... it's like a Button!
    Ah so they tell us my friend. But I ask you, how much like a button can a non-button be? You may reply "we shall have to wait and see." To which I would reply "Yes, we shall."

I have also heard the same argument after this fashion: "Try it it tastes like chicken."
    and well no, no it didn't.....
    10-08-08 02:44 PM
    I'm with ya buddy! VZW give us the Bold!

10-08-08 02:45 PM
    the storm looks awesome but i don't know how I would live without my TRACKBALL!! god i love it, i play with it for no reason at all just to use it and hear it go click click click click.
    10-08-08 02:48 PM
    Glad to see someone else likes their buttons. I won't say never because I've been wrong before, but I don't think I'd like the complete touchscreen. I perfer buttons, but to each their own.
    10-08-08 03:01 PM
    I think the storm is a nice step up from the full keyboard blackberry phones.

But I think I still want the bold. or at least give it a try first and see.
    10-08-08 03:18 PM
    I need a QWERTY keypad & I love my trackball too much to let it go. So no Storm for me.
    10-08-08 04:35 PM
    I feel the need to invoke the cliche "don't knock it 'til you've tried it!"
    10-08-08 04:37 PM
    The Storm is nice, but not for me. I'm holding out for the Javelin. Gotta have my physical buttons.
    10-08-08 04:42 PM
    I'm not interested in the Storm at all. I hate touchscreen phones. I don't like typing on them. I don't like the fingerprints all over the screen and I don't know how the h*ll to find the trackball on the darn things....and before anyone starts....YES, I have tried them

10-08-08 04:50 PM
    I like my Curve a lot,but i'm such a stickler for new toys.If I could I'd have my cake and eat it too.
    10-08-08 04:50 PM
    I was so happy to ditch my touchscreen Treo when I bought my BlackBerry earlier this year, so I haven't been impressed by the Storm. Yet. It is a BlackBerry, so there is a possibility that I might be convinced. Someday. I still love my Curve after 9 months and that says a lot for me and phones!
    10-08-08 04:58 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD