I'm a newbie to BB and have a question.

I have 5000 contacts in Outlook and only want the contacts in my BB to be synced. What happens when Desktop Manager syncs both ways?

Will it do what I want, or will I then have contacts from A thru G from Outlook?
    02-04-08 06:21 AM
    Your BB will sync to your main Outlook folder. For me, if there are contacts in Outlook I don't want synced to the BB, I move them to a subfolder in Outlook. No syncy.
    02-04-08 08:35 AM
    Create a new folder for in your Outlook contacts folder(Ex. Blackberry). Then copy (cut&Paste) the contacts you want on your BB. Start BB Desktop Manager and connect your BB. When sync is done click on Synchronize. Then click on configuation tab.Double click Sync config for Desktop Manager. Click on Address Book and double click Advanced. Click on Map Folders. Click on the + to expand Personal Folders. Click on + to expand Contacts. Select Personal Folders/Contacts in selected and click Remove. Then on the left select the Personal Folders/contacts/Blackberry and click on Add! Click OK then OK then OK. Disconnect your BB. Click close. Reconnect your BB and you should now be syncing to your ne folder.
    02-04-08 10:09 AM
    Thanks, Chief. I'm having a similar problem, and this is very helpful.

Is there a way, in the 8310, to KEEP my Outlook sub-folders segregated in to their sub-folders? I have them split up that way for a reason, and it would be handy to be able to keep them in their groups on the hand-held, instead of having to import them en-mass.
    03-19-08 04:01 PM
    You can also set the contact sync part of desktop manager as a one way from phone to pc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-08 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD