"It's annoying."

My wife says that to me once a week. I was surprised the first time she said it. I see her viewing each mailbox one at a time. She only sticks with the q10 for the keyboard. Otherwise she would switch to a different os that allows her to separate every app on the home screen.

She's a little frustrated that she can't do that. I asked her if she would rather sell her q10 and go back to 9930. She says "no, I don't want to go backwards in technology because then I'll fall really behind the curve". I told her that the unified inbox and touchscreen are the way the future is headed. She pouted. She was very unhappy to see that the track pad is gone and she is still not used to using gestures.

It helped me realize that not everyone thinks that new technology is better.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 01:39 PM
    A unified inbox is for sure where it's all headed because it makes the most sense. The hub can still be separated individually so there really isn't a complaint to be had there.
    08-25-13 01:43 PM
    She doesn't want to go backwards yet wants a track pad and her messages not to be unified? I think in time she will learn to love it. Every OS is now trying to unify and have message centres.
    The option is there to disable each inbox from the main hub view and view them individually..

She is definitely the minority, but if that's how she wants to use the phone, she can do it...

Posted via CB10
    I can see it for some people. I dont always like having my social feeds in with my email
    sasky, mikeo007 and EastYorkJeff like this.
    08-25-13 01:46 PM
    Is there a way to disable some categories from showing in the hub?

If there is, I don't see this being a problem. My guess is she likes the apps from an iPhone and she means that instead, subconsciously. Heh.
    08-25-13 03:33 PM

If there is, I don't see this being a problem. My guess is she likes the apps from an iPhone and she means that instead, subconsciously. Heh.
    Yes under the hub settings in hub management.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 04:11 PM

Yes there is a way to do that but you still have to go trough the hub to access those categories, defeats the purpose.
    08-25-13 04:14 PM
    Easier to find a new wife maybe? jk!!

Posted via CB from my LE
    Rui Jorge likes this.
    08-25-13 05:11 PM
    Way of the future? I've been using a unified inbox for years. In BBOS, it's called "Messages." The unified inbox is and has been the BlackBerry way. It has been repackaged and marketed in BB10 as "The Hub," and I'm always surprised when long time BlackBerry users never used "Messages" on BBOS or weren't even aware of its awesome capabilities. I read, reply to, and compose emails, texts, PIN's, BBM's, and IM's all from my Bold's Messages unified inbox. Got it pegged to my right convenience key.
    08-25-13 05:20 PM
    lol.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    08-25-13 05:31 PM
    Is there a way to make each email inbox a separate icon on the apps screens?
    08-26-13 07:32 PM
    Is there a way to make each email inbox a separate icon on the apps screens?
    You can't get separate icons, but they will be separate in the hub menu. Slide the lower left hub icon to the right and you'll see a list of the different accounts. Each will have notifications when there are messages.
    08-26-13 08:35 PM
    Yes there is a way to do that but you still have to go trough the hub to access those categories, defeats the purpose.
    But it would essentially be the same as the many accounts, check in different places logic though.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 09:42 PM
    "It's annoying."

My wife says that to me once a week. I was surprised the first time she said it. I see her viewing each mailbox one at a time. She only sticks with the q10 for the keyboard. Otherwise she would switch to a different os that allows her to separate every app on the home screen.

She's a little frustrated that she can't do that. I asked her if she would rather sell her q10 and go back to 9930. She says "no, I don't want to go backwards in technology because then I'll fall really behind the curve". I told her that the unified inbox and touchscreen are the way the future is headed. She pouted. She was very unhappy to see that the track pad is gone and she is still not used to using gestures.

It helped me realize that not everyone thinks that new technology is better.

Posted via CB10
    To this I say that her argument is a little contradictory. Doesn't wanna go backwards but then again doesn't like the new interface. Well. Kind of have to choose. Help her see the benefits and the gestures and see if it'll turn her around. My grandmother has a Q10 and is coming from a basic phone. She loves it and honestly hadn't had to bug me about how to use it that much. In sure your wife will adjust

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 10:25 PM
    Just go to the hub settings or pull down I. The hub...and u can choose which accounts and options u want to see in the hub..if u want to temporarily see one account.. then pull down from the hub.. or go to settings and disable the account from showing in the hub altogether...like I have disabled calls fro. showing in the hub..
    P.S- the technology is certainly advancing..but every change gives a new adaptation too..

Posted via CB10 in Z10 :*
    08-26-13 10:37 PM
    Sorry brother, no offense, but sounds like she needs an iPhone with a BT keyboard case. Don't get her an android.. but an iPhone.
    It's the perfect app switcher. Lol.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    08-26-13 10:42 PM
    Well on the 10.2 leak BlackBerry appears to have caved to some kind of pressure. Since, there is an unnecessary Hub icon on the home screen. So they might cave and allow icons for each email account as well. I hope not. But you never know.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1047
    08-26-13 10:47 PM
    Well on the 10.2 leak BlackBerry appears to have caved to some kind of pressure. Since, there is an unnecessary Hub icon on the home screen. So they might cave and allow icons for each email account as well. I hope not. But you never know.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1047
    If we had the choice to hide/remove them, they can add all the icons they damn well please. But there's currently no supported way of hiding the Hub icon, nor the Text Messages icon. If there was an option to hide them, people who want them would have exactly what they wanted, and the people who didn't wouldn't need to clutter their homescreens.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-26-13 10:51 PM
    For whatever it is worth I prefer having separate e-mail boxes because I use my personal accounts for different things (one is my primary account, one is my job search correspondence account, and one is my professional field information account). I'm sure I'm not the only person who uses multiple personal e-mail accounts in this kind of manner.
    08-26-13 10:52 PM

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1047
    Why do you hope they don't add it? Geez, are you that scared of having options? Are you so accustomed to having BlackBerry dictate how you use your BlackBerry 10 device that the thought of having the option to accomplish a task in more than one way scares you?

People can say what they want, but my BlackBerry 7250 has the Hub. It was called "Messages" back then. And ya know what? It also had the option to add individual icons for all of my accounts on the homescreen. Having options is always better than not having options. Every non BB10 Blackberry smarpthone that I've owned had those options and in my opinion, BB10 would be better if it had them also.

Being forced to always use the Hub sucks. I personally would love to have the option to push an icon and be brought directly to the email account I needed to view every single time. My nearly ten year old BlackBerry can do that, but BB10 can't.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    08-26-13 11:01 PM
    If we had the choice to hide/remove them, they can add all the icons they damn well please. But there's currently no supported way of hiding the Hub icon, nor the Text Messages icon. If there was an option to hide them, people who want them would have exactly what they wanted, and the people who didn't wouldn't need to clutter their homescreens.
    Every BlackBerry I've owned made individual email account icons optional. You weren't forced into having them on your homescreen if you didn't want them there. Unlike BlackBerry 10, which forces you to use the Hub whenever you need to use email.

I honestly think that they even know that individual account icons should be there. I think they just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.
    08-26-13 11:07 PM
    For whatever it is worth I prefer having separate e-mail boxes because I use my personal accounts for different things (one is my primary account, one is my job search correspondence account, and one is my professional field information account). I'm sure I'm not the only person who uses multiple personal e-mail accounts in this kind of manner.
    You have separate email accounts. You just slide to the left as opposed to tapping an icon to get to them.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 11:13 PM
    Have to say, I can see what the OP's wife is looking for. Basically, sure, keep the Hub. But allow shortcuts for the App Tray that show a splat when they have new messages, and take you straight to that mailbox when clicked. Not my thing, can't say I'd especially need it, but I can see a use case for it, definitely.
    08-26-13 11:13 PM
53 123