enough for first time users to take the plunge. Now with an installed user base they can charge $650 for it and sell them like hot cakes.[/B]
    Last edited by jason9900; 10-26-14 at 02:29 AM.
    08-03-13 08:02 PM
    Remember you are only a small sample size. We have heard other stories of people seeing them all the time. While there might not be strong sales it's probably still selling stronger there than in the states
    08-03-13 08:06 PM
    Cool story bro. So, are you happy with your Z10?
    mk2234, dalight13 and boys_inter like this.
    08-03-13 08:07 PM
    Remember you are only a small sample size. We have heard other stories of people seeing them all the time. While there might not be strong sales it's probably still selling stronger there than in the states
    I seriously wish you were right, but did you read my post? In 6 months I cover literally every expanse of the city, and am on university. (the area that adopts new tech the quickest) and I have seen 4. I Seriously Seriously wish I was wrong and half of Calgary was using it. (as I still am a shareholder) but I am trying to be realistic here.
    08-03-13 08:09 PM
    Cool story bro. So, are you happy with your Z10?
    I love my Z10 and BlackBerry to death, but I just hope others would, otherwise there will be no more BB to enjoy
    08-03-13 08:10 PM
    Dude this is not true! I have seen so many as of recent! I work downtown, numbers are picking up man!

Swiped On My Zed10
    08-03-13 08:13 PM
    Dude this is not true! I have seen so many as of recent! I work downtown, numbers are picking up man!

Swiped On My Zed10
    Does your work have it? Apparently we are gonna stay OS7 for a long time. (Im only an intern lol, so I guess my coworkers will stay on OS7)
    08-03-13 08:14 PM
    I completely agree. I for one live in Calgary and I know that two of my friends have blackberry 10 devices (one of who came from an Iphone). I'm slowly starting to notice more BB10 devices, and I bet you will too as it gains more traction. I know for a fact the BlackBerry Team was at Calgary stampede this year showing off the devices/os. If that's not good advertising I don't know what is!

Posted from Q10 and CB10.
    08-03-13 08:14 PM
    Your first paragraph and a 1/2 sounds exactly like what I thought/expected. I actually bought into Heins' lies about "record sales for any BlackBerry ever sold," blah-blah-blah....I held onto my shares when they were at $14.50 for this last earnings report....I had a stop/loss at $12 and it saved my ****....I sold my shares....and this next quarter? It will be back to $6/share, probably lower because marketing has failed (Frank Boulben), apps development has failed (Alec Saunders), and BlackBerry's answer is "maintain course...full steam ahead" (Thorsten Heins)
    and don't even get me started on the Playbook screw over...I love BB products, but NOT the company. The melonheads that are running this company just absolutely confound me and that is why I hope someone buys them out, sends these idiots packing back to France and Germany, and turns it around to greatness by appointing competent people....which is obviously NOT being done by these clowns
    08-03-13 08:20 PM
    I seriously wish you were right, but did you read my post? In 6 months I cover literally every expanse of the city, and am on university. (the area that adopts new tech the quickest) and I have seen 4. I Seriously Seriously wish I was wrong and half of Calgary was using it. (as I still am a shareholder) but I am trying to be realistic here.
    the 4 that you have seen is 3 more than i have seen lol
    08-03-13 08:20 PM
    I completely agree. I for one live in Calgary and I know that two of my friends have blackberry 10 devices (one of who came from an Iphone). I'm slowly starting to notice more BB10 devices, and I bet you will too as it gains more traction. I know for a fact the BlackBerry Team was at Calgary stampede this year showing off the devices/os. If that's not good advertising I don't know what is!

Posted from Q10 and CB10.
    This is the truth, device sales are going up in Calgary at least, I've been ranting all week about this!

Swiped On My Zed10
    08-03-13 08:23 PM
    the 4 that you have seen is 3 more than i have seen lol
    Omg where do you live? Haha

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 08:25 PM
    Your first paragraph and a 1/2 sounds exactly like what I thought/expected. I actually bought into Heins' lies about "record sales for any BlackBerry ever sold," blah-blah-blah....I held onto my shares when they were at $14.50 for this last earnings report....I had a stop/loss at $12 and it saved my ****....I sold my shares....and this next quarter? It will be back to $6/share, probably lower because marketing has failed (Frank Boulben), apps development has failed (Alec Saunders), and BlackBerry's answer is "maintain course...full steam ahead" (Thorsten Heins)
    and don't even get me started on the Playbook screw over...I love BB products, but NOT the company. The melonheads that are running this company just absolutely confound me and that is why I hope someone buys them out, sends these idiots packing back to France and Germany, and turns it around to greatness by appointing competent people....which is obviously NOT being done by these clowns
    Go to an AGM please! You speak the mind of the people, but clearly have more charisma haha

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 08:26 PM
    Mods please put [Speculation] around this thread title.

A small sample size specified here doesn't mean squat globally. It just again spreads more unjustified negativity regarding BlackBerry.
    I work for one of the largest automotive suppliers in Canada and they're incorporating more bb10 devices every day. But again from my perspective this positive is still only based on a small sample size. Even so, I'm still not going out on a limb stating the extreme that BlackBerry is selling out so why post a thread on the other extreme that BlackBerry 10 devices are NOT selling. Simply preposterous.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    wincyUt and damien kupuku like this.
    08-03-13 08:35 PM
    Without comment on whether bb10 is selling or not,
    The plural of anecdote is not data!

Ah forget it, I'm going to bed.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 08:38 PM
    Haven't seen even one other BlackBerry in Colorado.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 08:46 PM
    Jason: with all due respect, get behind YOUR company or sell your shares. Rome was not built over night. What BlackBerry is doing right now is Herculaneum in nature and will just take some time. The press has been brutal to this Canadian gemstone yet they keep moving on. I admire their guts and the employees behind this company. Why don't you show us now why we would want you in the same fox hole.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    08-03-13 08:48 PM
    I haven't seen a single BB10 smartphone in the wild. And I know people will say "Oh well then it must be because of where you live", but just look at the sales numbers. The sales of BB10 smartphones are disappointing and people keep making excuses for them.
    Blacklatino and Bkmike23 like this.
    08-03-13 08:56 PM
    I live in SC...no one that I know now as a BB....that has gone from all of my friends and co-workers having a blackberry. I love BB...8900, 9000 bold, 9800, 9860, PB. I went to Android after BB10 hit because of all the hiccups and glitches. They are falling further and further behind.....I really don't know what they can do at this point. I have high hopes that BBM crossing over will help breath life back into the patient.

One point is very clear...at it's current state.....they have to cut the price of the phones....it's a must.
    08-03-13 08:59 PM
    I haven't seen a single BB10 smartphone in the wild. And I know people will say "Oh well then it must be because of where you live", but just look at the sales numbers. The sales of BB10 smartphones are disappointing and people keep making excuses for them.
    So I live in and around the Toronto area and I see z10's around and q10's... so what does that prove? The Street says the sales are disappointing and they set the bar (who the hell are they anyway to set the bar) which is not reality. Reality is that there are BlackBerry 10 sales, they are increasing, the company is transitioning, people aren't going to run out and dump their contracts, and it's too early to tell. If the devices didn't have any value to consumers they wouldn't have sold shat because consumers would have bought other devices.

08-03-13 09:06 PM
    Jason: with all due respect, get behind YOUR company or sell your shares. Rome was not built over night. What BlackBerry is doing right now is Herculaneum in nature and will just take some time. The press has been brutal to this Canadian gemstone yet they keep moving on. I admire their guts and the employees behind this company. Why don't you show us now why we would want you in the same fox hole.

Posted via CB10
    This gemstone laid off 5000 employees. How many of them were Canadian???
    JeepBB and Etios like this.
    08-03-13 09:08 PM
    So I live in and around the Toronto area and I see z10's around and q10's... so what does that prove? The Street says the sales are disappointing and they set the bar (who the hell are they anyway to set the bar) which is not reality. Reality is that there are BlackBerry 10 sales, they are increasing, the company is transitioning, people aren't going to run out and dump their contracts, and it's too early to tell. If the devices didn't have any value to consumers they wouldn't have sold shat because consumers would have bought other devices.

Pretty certain the sales numbers were disappointing to bbry as well as the street. The Q was supposed to be the savior of the company right? Why no press release how it was the best release ever in company history? They issued one for the Z when it released in Canada.
    ajst222, kbz1960, Etios and 4 others like this.
    08-03-13 09:13 PM

The fact that you see many BB10 devices and that I see none mean absolutely nothing. It is a regional thing. But the sales numbers don't lie.The devices basically have no value to consumers and they basically have sold shat. I realize that that the company is going through a transition and has to come out of a hole, but if you can buy a factory unlocked Z10 for like $400...that's sad and that shows how much the consumer values the device. It all comes back to the marketing, which BlackBerry definitely is struggling with. The poor sales AND the poor consumer perception are all related to the marketing.
    08-03-13 09:13 PM
    Pretty certain the sales numbers were disappointing to bbry as well as the street. The Q was supposed to be the savior of the company right? Why no press release how it was the best release ever in company history? They issued one for the Z when it released in Canada.
    1st quarter a million z10's shipped, second quarter 2.7 million (increased) - still rolling out the BB10 portfolio. Hardly any q10 sales realized in last quarter and no q5.
    When did anyone at BlackBerry state that the sales were disappointing? They've stated that they understand their company is transitioning to their new products.
    And about stating anything in any press releases about how well the q10 is doing .. well maybe BlackBerry is learning their lesson (look what happen in the first quarter) .. cause anything positive that they state or speculate comes back to bite them in the *** from the media and the street. If I was BlackBerry I'd probably keep quiet about it too.

08-03-13 09:24 PM
    You're on the wrong side of the city!

C'mon over to Toronto

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    08-03-13 09:26 PM
348 123 ...