How is a RIM supposed to compete with this: HTC Leo benchmarked, leaves blisters

Honestly, If this was out for Verizon it'd be my next phone guaranteed.

What would RIM even have coming that could compare to that beast?

Snapdragon 1Ghz processor 512mb ram 4.3" capacitive touch screen. The Storm2 and Onyx don't even touch it spec-wise, and with the coming of WM 6.5 and WM 7, what is RIM going to have over new phones like this? A name?

Just ranting...
    09-27-09 10:21 PM
    Well the fact that every WinMo phone I have owned, including running various 6.5 builds, have horrible battery life once you pop in data services. I'm going to say that alone will keep a lot of people in RIM's court.

If I'd use my HTC Touch Pro (6.5 or 6.1 build) for 25mins with data enabled (few pages, IM, etc) it would drop DRAMATICALLY in battery.

All of my Berry's (8230, 8330, 9530 and my wifes 8130) can do that without a second thought all day long.
    09-27-09 10:28 PM
    Wow! That Leo looks pretty good on paper. I want to see how it is up close and personal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 10:41 PM
    With specs like that I suspect battery life will be very limited indeed.

Plus it's Windows based, good luck with that.

09-27-09 11:09 PM
    very nice specs, very nice looking phone, i think they could be some good competition... to bad they kept a windows operating system..
    09-27-09 11:36 PM
    I admit, most HTC phones look cool; as far as functioning well and still being cool.....can't say I've seen it happen.

WinMo has fun features, but poor battery life and reception always kill it for me. What fun is a cool phone if you can't ever use it?
    09-27-09 11:42 PM
    Its going to compete just like it always has.....by being better! Obviously you haven't used very many WinMo phones! Most suck pretty bad, even the ones that are good are second rate to any blackberry on the market. Also I agree with the HTC functioning statement! They hardly function well!

09-28-09 03:24 AM
    There's one thing nobody else has and that is instant push email, no matter how much better phones they make.

09-28-09 03:46 AM
    The thing about Win Mo devices is that they can include the absolute greatest hardware specs ever but Win Mo itself will almost always kill the usability. WinMo is terrible. Period.

09-28-09 06:10 AM
    on paper it really does look like a killer phone.
    i dont have any experience with win mo myself, infact a planned to get a xperia before i got the bold. but from what i hear, win mo is a big let down. which is a shame considering some of the phones that HTC puts out

plus the fact that it doesnt have an actual keyboard kinda kills it for me.
    09-28-09 07:59 AM
    Phone looks really good, but WinMo doesn't do it for me, battery is a very important thing for me...
    09-28-09 08:10 AM
    The only killer phone I see in the pipe from any company at the moment is that new Nokia monster running a Linux distro. If they get that working well with decent battery life the geek in me may just make me get one.

Of course my BlackBerry will still be my primary.

09-28-09 08:32 AM
    I'll pass on a touch screen.
    09-28-09 09:39 AM
    Wow! That Leo looks pretty good on paper. I want to see how it is up close and personal.

HTC devices usually look good on paper. Actually, on paper you would think that the competition is lightyeats behind. But my experience with them has been negative. But I must say that I am very intrigued with their Andeoid devices. The HTC Hero looks to be a real winner.

09-28-09 06:34 PM
    Mt BB love is affirmed by the fact it is battle tested. As someone who does construction, runs a business and snowboards a LOT. A touchscreen won't do. It cannot physically keep up

09-28-09 06:48 PM
    Like everyone says winMO does kinda suck. This phone still looks tempting though.
    09-28-09 08:58 PM
    All manufactures will be going to cpus @ 1ghz that use less power than today's chips. BBerry is no exception. The question is when.
    09-28-09 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD