After the 10.3 has been leaked, we knew that there are some new devices to come. I'm excited about is the new all-touch BlackBerry with higher resolution display, with better processor. I wish that they can also give the new device a kind of gorilla glass, with oleophobic coating. That would be nice, because as far as I concern, any kind of screen protectors, however clear, diminish the quality of the display. I also hope that the battery life would be at least as long as the Z30 or even better!

If BlackBerry releases this devices, the people who are using Z10 but has not made an upgrade to Z30 would make the change at once! Because not all are excited about the new Q20.

So what I expect from BlackBerry is the new all touch device, with better processor and screen resolution (hopefully a SAMOLED), with highly-resistant glass (hopefully an oleophibic one), and huge battery life, running a smooth 10.3!

And let's all hope that they can release it later this year!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 12:55 AM
    This just keeps going better and better.

Posted via a RFG81UW device
    03-29-14 01:08 AM
    I like to think that everyone wants the best for BlackBerry and it's customers!

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    03-29-14 01:12 AM
    After the 10.3 has been leaked, we knew that there are some new devices to come. I'm excited about is the new all-touch BlackBerry with higher resolution display, with better processor. I wish that they can also give the new device a kind of gorilla glass, with oleophobic coating. That would be nice, because as far as I concern, any kind of screen protectors, however clear, diminish the quality of the display. I also hope that the battery life would be at least as long as the Z30 or even better!

If BlackBerry releases this devices, the people who are using Z10 but has not made an upgrade to Z30 would make the change at once! Because not all are excited about the new Q20.

So what I expect from BlackBerry is the new all touch device, with better processor and screen resolution (hopefully a SAMOLED), with highly-resistant glass (hopefully an oleophibic one), and huge battery life, running a smooth 10.3!

And let's all hope that they can release it later this year!

Posted via CB10
    Let us also hope that the phone is attractive enough to catch people's eye. The problem with the current full touch line up is that the just look kinda bland, like a generic phone that would be used in a TV show or movie. Out of all the full touch devices so far the one I think looks the best is the Z3. It's minimalist without seeming bland the gives the focus to the large screen which for under $200 outright is a steal.

Fact is even if BlackBerry comes out with a phone that has all the high end specs and can compete with Apple and all the Android OEM's it still might not matter cause then with the phones hardware being on par then people are going to look at the OS and the app stores and that's where BlackBerry just can't compete. It would help if they could get a big name app to come on board at the same time as the launch, something like Netflix, vine, or snapchat. Just something to point to and say "this company believes in BlackBerry."

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 01:17 AM
    I think I would like to agree with Andy BlackBerry has to produce a super device...which is not on par with the competition but ahead of it. At the same time should improve the app situation just to let consumers know they are still working on improving this situation. A super all touch device with a little improved app scene by adding one or two big names will turn heads...

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 07:23 AM
    I think I would like to agree with Andy BlackBerry has to produce a super device...which is not on par with the competition but ahead of it. At the same time should improve the app situation just to let consumers know they are still working on improving this situation. A super all touch device with a little improved app scene by adding one or two big names will turn heads...

Posted via CB10
    The app situation is what's really hurting them. I'm sure if they got IG, Snapchat, and could get devs who create viral games (candy land, flappy bird) to port their apps into BlackBerry World they could increase their user base. Ports would have to be done at the same time they game is viral not months later. I know if I was an independent Dev if BlackBerry asked me to port my game for a reasonable amount of money I'd do it. Yes I know there are other major apps out that people want but why not tackle what's a hit right now and worry about other apps later
    03-29-14 07:35 AM
    I think the apps that we need would be the apps that improve our productivity.

I'm working in a medical world, and I feel the apps choices are certainly limited compared with Android, and iOS, of course. I think the iOS has the best offer for medical apps.

I think the fight to try to get more market share is a lost cause. BlackBerry would not be able to persuade those die-hard (most of them are) iOS fans or Android fans. What BlackBerry should do first is making sure that the current BlackBerry users won't be changing devices, and trying to get more for business users. So yes, BlackBerry should focus first to become a niche product. When BBM can start earning money, and more services can too, then BlackBerry may focus to bring other users to use the BlackBerry.

But still, I really wish that their new devices can compete with others though.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 08:25 AM
    I tend to agree to the app situation that you said but I also tend to disagree with the consumer base situation.
    The apps and games that are enjoyed by Android customers and IOS are far more in number and quality than the BB 10 and a continuous effort is required.
    However, BB just can't afford to not try to increase their user base IMO. Just because a brand has die hard fans doesn't mean it will always. BB just has to play this game smarter and better than others and can't just rely on existing customers. We All know what's happening to them..they are shrinking and shrinking fast..
    I think as of Chen is bang..he's bringing qwerty devices for those who love using that so that they refrain from jumping the ship..and as rumours go..he is side by side working on that super specced device that would have the wooo factor..he has to stem the flow and try to add more customers at the same time..
    All the best and waiting to get my hands on that all touch rumoured octa core beast...

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 08:55 AM
    * I think as of now chen is bang on...

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 08:57 AM
    I would love to get my hands on a specced up Z10 size device, but it sounds like everything is moving towards larger screens. If they can cram a slightly larger screen into the Z10 sized body (smaller bezels?) I'd be ok with that, but as it stands now I'll probably be moving back to a qwerty device for my next personal upgrade. These things are just getting too big to use comfortably with one hand and to fit on my belt when not in use.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    03-29-14 09:18 AM
    I would love to get my hands on a specced up Z10 size device, but it sounds like everything is moving towards larger screens. If they can cram a slightly larger screen into the Z10 sized body (smaller bezels?) I'd be ok with that, but as it stands now I'll probably be moving back to a qwerty device for my next personal upgrade. These things are just getting too big to use comfortably with one hand and to fit on my belt when not in use.

It's what the masses want, even itoy users are sick of that small screen (iPhone screen is just too small) that makes you rebel and want a 6" screen

From my White Z30
    03-29-14 10:19 AM
    It's what the masses want, even itoy users are sick of that small screen (iPhone screen is just too small) that makes you rebel and want a 6" screen

From my White Z30
    I think 6 inches is just too big. Lol. Have you seen one?
    03-29-14 10:39 AM
    I think 6 inches is just too big. Lol. Have you seen one?
    ...giggity.
    Burton79 likes this.
    03-29-14 10:43 AM

At first I think so too. But after I have seen the Z30, I don't think it is too big. Any screen sizes between 4.2 (Z10 size) and 5 inches would be perfect.
    03-29-14 10:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's really a chicken and the egg thing: people won't come onto a platform in large numbers unless it has apps, but app developers won't take the time to put their apps on a platform unless there are lots of people on the platform. Also even if they have the apps it's no guarantee of success, just look at HTC. In 2013 they had what may industry reviewers to be the best smartphone of the year (the HTC One) but even so they struggled to sell units and if you ask the man on the street most people only know of Samsung and Apple as major smartphone makers.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 11:21 AM
    It's really a chicken and the egg thing: people won't come onto a platform in large numbers unless it has apps, but app developers won't take the time to put their apps on a platform unless there are lots of people on the platform. Also even if they have the apps it's no guarantee of success, just look at HTC. In 2013 they had what may industry reviewers to be the best smartphone of the year (the HTC One) but even so they struggled to sell units and if you ask the man on the street most people only know of Samsung and Apple as major smartphone makers.

Posted via CB10
    I agree...but I think a slight difference would be in comparison with HTC, BlackBerry is already known as 'one time market leader'..( even though the market then wasn't as big as today) .. so with a great device HTC could not gain much attention from an average consumer since that consumer wasn't even aware of HTC.. BlackBerry has this advantage that the same consumer would at least be knowing about BlackBerry.. so a super specced device..lil improvement in apps and smart but hard marketing would give them a chance...all I want to see is BB giving some tough times to the bigger market players..with a decent effort...a lil yardstick of success would be bigger players noticing that BB is alive...

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 11:41 AM
    ...giggity.
    Lmao

03-29-14 01:18 PM
    At first I think so too. But after I have seen the Z30, I don't think it is too big. Any screen sizes between 4.2 (Z10 size) and 5 inches would be perfect.
    I should clarify; I meant too big for me to use comfortably. I've played with the Z30 (briefly) and it just wasn't comfortable (to me). It's all personal preference, and obviously there is an increasing market for phablets so they have to go that direction or get left behind; I just hope they have something else for the rest of us, and that may well be the smaller qwerty devices, if they're executed properly.

03-29-14 01:21 PM
    Let us also hope that the phone is attractive enough to catch people's eye. The problem with the current full touch line up is that the just look kinda bland, like a generic phone that would be used in a TV show or movie. Out of all the full touch devices so far the one I think looks the best is the Z3. It's minimalist without seeming bland the gives the focus to the large screen which for under $200 outright is a steal.

Fact is even if BlackBerry comes out with a phone that has all the high end specs and can compete with Apple and all the Android OEM's it still might not matter cause then with the phones hardware being on par then people are going to look at the OS and the app stores and that's where BlackBerry just can't compete. It would help if they could get a big name app to come on board at the same time as the launch, something like Netflix, vine, or snapchat. Just something to point to and say "this company believes in BlackBerry."

Posted via CB10
    I agree, design is the most important factor. If it is another me to looking phone I don't think it will sell well.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-29-14 02:05 PM
    Bought my Q10 in May'13. Since then repaired (replaced) keyboard, and just got my loudspeaker broken. Second repair in 10 moths, uhhhh... googled "best qwerty phones" - and sadly understood I have no choice. repair and wait another Qxx. How long?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 03:29 PM
    It's really a chicken and the egg thing: people won't come onto a platform in large numbers unless it has apps, but app developers won't take the time to put their apps on a platform unless there are lots of people on the platform.
    IMO I believe that BlackBerry should pick a handful of the popular apps and start paying the developers to create a native BB10 version. If the developers are already getting paid then they have nothing to lose by creating a native app.

From talking to friends and family, it seems that there really are only a few common apps people use daily. If BlackBerry had those popular apps then there really wouldn't be much of an app gap for most customers.

I believe BlackBerry really only needs those few popular apps to satisfy the majority of smartphone customers. As more people start using BlackBerry the developers will naturally want to create native apps, so BlackBerry wouldn't have to keep paying these few developers forever. BlackBerry needs to start the momentum somehow because I agree with you about the chicken and egg analogy. Android apps is currently their solution, but it's not as easy and convenient as installing apps from BlackBerry World. They also aren't native so there are bugs and other bad user experiences.

I also believe BlackBerry needs to solve the legacy BBOS and BB10 fragmentation problem. IMO they should try harder to get legacy users to upgrade to BB10. It would be great if they can find out why these people are not upgrading and then solve their reasons. It's unreasonable for developers to create app versions for both.
    03-29-14 04:14 PM
    ...giggity.
    Quagmire is that you?
    03-29-14 07:46 PM
    IMO I believe that BlackBerry should pick a handful of the popular apps and start paying the developers to create a native BB10 version. If the developers are already getting paid then they have nothing to lose by creating a native app.

From talking to friends and family, it seems that there really are only a few common apps people use daily. If BlackBerry had those popular apps then there really wouldn't be much of an app gap for most customers.

I believe BlackBerry really only needs those few popular apps to satisfy the majority of smartphone customers. As more people start using BlackBerry the developers will naturally want to create native apps, so BlackBerry wouldn't have to keep paying these few developers forever. BlackBerry needs to start the momentum somehow because I agree with you about the chicken and egg analogy. Android apps is currently their solution, but it's not as easy and convenient as installing apps from BlackBerry World. They also aren't native so there are bugs and other bad user experiences.

I also believe BlackBerry needs to solve the legacy BBOS and BB10 fragmentation problem. IMO they should try harder to get legacy users to upgrade to BB10. It would be great if they can find out why these people are not upgrading and then solve their reasons. It's unreasonable for developers to create app versions for both.
    I can't agree with you more. But BlackBerry at the current state could not afford to pay developer I think. And yes, the BBOS and BB10 fragmentation is certainly a problem for BlackBerry to solve. BlackBerry should focus on developing one OS only.
    03-29-14 07:58 PM