HELLO MY NAME IS DANNY AND IM LIVING IN ECUADOR FOR NOW , I BOUGHT A BB TOUR 9630 COUPLE MONTHS AGO BEFORE I GOT DONW HERE. I LOVE MY BB AND I WOULD NOT LIKE TO CHANGE IT BUT I CANT GET MY BROWSER TO WORK OVER HERE. DONW HERE THEY R 2 MAYOR COMPANIES (movistar/PORTA) THE 2 SECOND ONE IS THE ONE I USE , THE PHONE WORKS PERFECTLY BUT THE BROWSER CANT CONNECT DUO OF PORTA BLOCKING THE SIGNAL INTO MY PHONE , I KNOW THIS BECAUSE THEY TOLD ME THAT BECAUSE THEY DONT SELL THIS KIND OF EQUIPMENT THEY WILL JUST BLOCK THE SIGNAL TO IT SO NOW I CANT USE MY BROWSER WITH PORTA ALTHOUGH IT WORKS IN MOVISTAR HOWEVER , I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY WAY I CAN GET THIS BLOCK REMOVED FROM MY PHONE. THEY SIGNAL COMES FROM CANADA IF U CAN FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT MRNEWYORK34@HOTMAIL.COM THANKS.
    10-28-09 07:26 PM
    Ok, first of all, welcome to CrackBerry.

Second of all, please don't type in all CAPS. It's considered shouting on the Internet.

Thirdly, the only way to be able to use the browser on the Tour is to have a BlackBerry Data Plan from your carrier (movistar/PORTA or whoever).

If they don't offer the correct data plan, then you are unfortunately out of luck. There is no way around this.
    10-28-09 08:03 PM
    My Spanish is not very good, but it appears that Porta offers BlackBerry Internet Service. https://www.porta.net/205,5877.php
    10-28-09 08:24 PM
    porta offers a bold :|
    10-28-09 09:22 PM
    There should be a way to get a Tour unlocked to use on Porta, since the Tour is a dual GSM/CDMA phone.
    10-28-09 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD