that BB's insistence on having the charging port on the side, in the middle, is to serve some future purpose. Every phone's charging port is on the bottom, except BB10 for some reason. Even when comparing the difference between the Q5 and the Kopi, for the Kopi they kept in in the middle on the side.

I can't believe that they're doing it just to be different, since many people have complained about this, yet we have seen no hint that it'll change.

I'm crossing my fingers and toes that SOMEDAY, they'll release a dock that'll hold my phone nicely on its side and look amazing when in beside mode. I really hope that's what they're going for. But that couldn't be it.

Do you have any theories as to why they're so different that way?
    04-08-14 01:47 PM
    Every phone's charging port is on the bottom, except BB10 for some reason.
    huh?

Do you mean apple? because I can name more then a dozen android models that have the charging port on the side just off the top of my head.. I'm even going to go so far as saying MOST phones have it on the side.. certainly most that use a standard micro usb port anyway.
    04-08-14 02:45 PM
    I suppose I mean newer phones. Samsung's older devices were on the side, but the HTC One, the Samsung Note 3, the Samsung S4, the Nexus 5, the LG G2, the Samsung Mega, the Nokia 1020, the Nokia 625, the Moto G, the Samsung Mini series, the Samsung Rugby LTE, and the Nexus 4, all have the micro USB on the bottom. Wherever their older devices used to have them, they've all moved to the bottom. But not BB.
    04-08-14 03:46 PM
    The Z3 will have its charging port on the bottom.
    04-08-14 04:29 PM
    I saw that too, and I found it strange. Maybe as a low cost device, whatever they're thinking of to justify the side port doesn't apply to the Z3? Or maybe they'll move away from it in the future. I check the Q20 and 30 leak photos and couldn't see any hint as to where the port would be, but I may not have been looking hard enough

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    04-08-14 04:46 PM
    Probably done to discourage use while plugged in.
    04-08-14 05:46 PM
    probably to go with a dock to have it in panorama while sitting on a desk
    04-08-14 06:00 PM
    probably to go with a dock to have it in panorama while sitting on a desk
    That's what I've been thinking (hoping) but are there any other theories out there?

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    04-08-14 06:45 PM
    Even if they make a dock, they would need to make BB10 work in landscape mode first. It's awful the way they have it currently setup.

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    04-08-14 06:48 PM
    Even if they make a dock, they would need to make BB10 work in landscape mode first. It's awful the way they have it currently setup.

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    That's a huge one. It doesn't work at all; broken. Which is too bad. I always thought that if it could go into a playbook style mode when in landscape, with apps along the bottom and active frames along the top, that'd be amazing

04-08-14 08:15 PM