I have had my car for a week now and my phone book wont sync to the car. I have a 2009 Audi A4 and am using a Blackberry Storm (Verizon) with the up to date software from Verizon. Everything else works perfectly and I have read a bunch of other posts and have not been able to fix the problem. Is there a solution or do I have to take it to the dealership? Thanks
    Last edited by bcbossuk; 07-03-09 at 11:49 PM.
    07-03-09 11:38 PM
    lmao show off :P
    07-04-09 12:44 AM
    Oh this is yummy.

Um, I'm assuming the connection is a bluetooth one? Check the permission settings for the blackberry client by going to menu-options-advanced options-applications then scroll down to the app and click the menu, edit permissions, and make sure everything is set to allow. Other than that, maybe do a battery pull on the car

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 01:32 AM
    I have done that and still not working... I guess it should just load automatically but my car will not load it.
    07-04-09 11:27 AM
    Hmm... That's a tough one, perhaps the dealership would be much more helpful because this is an extremely unique problem..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 11:31 AM
    I have been selling cars for five years and let me just tell you that most verizon phones will not sync address bool with any cars. It seems to be something specific to verizon. The same phone model not on verizon always works but even BB's and Palm devices on VZW never sync address book between phone and car. I have had 0 success on all VW's(audi), Lexus(toyota), Acura(Honda), and even on Fords with their new Sync. Like I said, it seems to be a verizon issue.
    07-04-09 11:58 AM
    Do you have Content Protection enabled in the security settings and the option to include the address book? If so, the address book will not sync while your phone is locked because it is encrypted.

I have a new Ford vehicle with SYNC and finally realized that after two weeks of troubleshooting.

Here's what worked for me:

Go to Options>Bluetooth, press the menu key and select options and make sure the "Address Book Transfer" option is not set to disabled.

Next, if you do have content protection enabled, enter your password to unlock your BB before you start your car. That way when you start the car and it makes the Bluetooth connection to your BB, the address book will be available for download.

Hope that works for you.
    07-04-09 05:33 PM
    I do not have my Content Protection enabled... it says disabled. Should I maybe enable it and than enter the password and see if it works? Any other ideas?
    07-05-09 10:06 PM
    I had the same problem two weeks ago with my Storm and New A4. Tried many times until I found that it just takes time close to 10 minutes for my 200+ contacts.
    07-19-09 11:31 AM
    yeah it only worked on my iPhone its made to work for the iPhone. Could not get contacts from and BB i have owned... this is showing off........

have a good one
    07-19-09 12:15 PM
    I think you car is defective, take it back to the dealership
    07-19-09 12:55 PM
    Yeah just won't sync. Not a big deal I just stopped worrying about it all together. Thanks for the advice everyone, but just dont think the phone is going to sync, maybe my next one. Maybe when wi-fi bb to Verizon
    07-21-09 06:47 PM
    I've been struggling with accessing my Blackberry Curve phone book on my Audi A6 for the past year and finally worked out a solution this week. Rather than connecting to your BB from the Audi system, delete the pairing on the phone and Audi system then connect to the Audi system FROM THE PHONE. The connection is totally different. I can access all phone functions (email, text etc) on the phone even when the phone is connected to the car (previously the blackberry dropped it's SIM and the Audi took over). I can also access the Blackberry phone book from the Audi system.

Really simple solution but has made a massive difference.
    11-23-12 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD