I want to setup my Tour to receive and send email from my work Exchange server. I have not been able to get the settings to work and IT has not been able to figure it out.

I check my email both through web based Outlook and I also download it to Outlook on my computer.

STEPS I have tried:
    1. I add a new "Other" email account and I enter my email address and password

2. It takes me to a screen where it says it was unable to set it up and I check the box for "I will provide the settings to add this email account"

3. On the next screen, I select "This is my work email account"

4. On the next screen, I have tried all the different options, though none of them work. Which should I choose? "I have this email account setup in Outlook" OR
    "I can access my email account using a Web browser?"

Both of these are true, though after entering the info with both options, neither have worked.

Thanks for any info!!!!
    07-23-09 07:02 PM
    I have mine set up through BES at work through Microsoft Ecxchange. You have to have them add you to the BES server. You then have to go to Options-Advanced options-Enterprise Activation.

You then have to enter your email and the BES server password. It takes about 20-30 minutes for it to set up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 08:07 PM
    1. What is the BES?

2. Where is the "Options-Advanced options-Enterprise Activation" located?
    I am using the new Tour.

Thanks!!!!
    07-24-09 03:20 PM
    BES stands for BlackBerry Enterprise Service. If your company supplied the BlackBerry and maintains it's own email servers, they likley use BES.

If you have subscribed to BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS), your carrier will provide most of the capability.

When you set up your BlackBerry, did you create an account like: Username@verizon.blackberry.net? That is BIS and we can help you troubleshoot further.
    07-24-09 03:35 PM
    I bought the BlackBerry on my own. There is no official support for them here at work. However, if it something I can instruct the IT guy on how to do and it does not cost $ on their end, I can get him to do it.

I just created my new myname@vzw.blackberry.com

Thanks!!!!
    07-24-09 03:48 PM
    1. Using web based Gmail, I noticed that I am unable to click on the link for Evites within the body of the email message. I am also having the same problem when I download these same messages Pop-3. Is there anyway to make it work? The settings seem to have enable HTML turned on.

2. Is there a way to have multiple webpages open at the same time, like tabbed browsing?

3. Can bookmarks from Firefox or Safari be imported into the Browser?

Thanks!!!!
    07-24-09 03:51 PM
    That is great, it rules out a host of possible BES releated issues.

I check my email both through web based Outlook and I also download it to Outlook on my computer.
    Outlook is an email client that sends and receives messages through a server that you have configured. The most common settings are Post Office Protocol (POP3). You can use the same settings with your BlackBerry.

Start with Outlook / Tools / Account Settings. Under Server Information, make note of the two addresses Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server. They may be the same or different.

Open Email Settings on your BlackBerry and log in to your carriers BIS support page. Different carriers may have slightly different setups, but there should be a link to Add an Email account.

Use the server setting you noted above.

The default is to retrieve the message but leave a copy on the server. The actual message will always be retrieved by Outlook.

If you note that messages are not appearing on your BlackBerry, change the Outlook / Options / Send/Receive / Schedule an automatic send/receive to a value greater then 15 min. I use 20 min, that lets the BlackBerry get all my mail in addition to Outlook.
    07-24-09 04:32 PM
    Hi Reed,

Sure, I will post to just this thread.

What is the first thing I could do to get the BB to work with Exchange?

Thanks!!!
    07-24-09 04:44 PM
    1. Using web based Gmail, I noticed that I am unable to click on the link for Evites within the body of the email message. I am also having the same problem when I download these same messages Pop-3. Is there anyway to make it work? The settings seem to have enable HTML turned on.

2. Is there a way to have multiple webpages open at the same time, like tabbed browsing?

3. Can bookmarks from Firefox or Safari be imported into the Browser?

Thanks!!!!
    The Browser in our current OS does not support tabs and is not able to open multiple pages. That feature is rumoured to be in the works.

There is a work around, it is possible to have multiple third party Browser installed, each can be pointed to a different web page.

Importing Bookmarks and other data is done with Sync or Advanced Restore from an imported data file.
    07-24-09 04:59 PM
    Hi Reed,

Under email settings, I choose to edit the vzw.blackberry.net account, though the only options seems to be to change my name, signature, reply to, auto BCC, Auto forward, and to change password and secret question.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

That is great, it rules out a host of possible BES releated issues.

Outlook is an email client that sends and receives messages through a server that you have configured. The most common settings are Post Office Protocol (POP3). You can use the same settings with your BlackBerry.

Start with Outlook / Tools / Account Settings. Under Server Information, make note of the two addresses Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server. They may be the same or different.

Open Email Settings on your BlackBerry and log in to your carriers BIS support page. Different carriers may have slightly different setups, but there should be a link to Add an Email account.

Use the server setting you noted above.

The default is to retrieve the message but leave a copy on the server. The actual message will always be retrieved by Outlook.

If you note that messages are not appearing on your BlackBerry, change the Outlook / Options / Send/Receive / Schedule an automatic send/receive to a value greater then 15 min. I use 20 min, that lets the BlackBerry get all my mail in addition to Outlook.
    07-24-09 05:23 PM
    Hi Reed,

Under email settings, I choose to edit the vzw.blackberry.net account, though the only options seems to be to change my name, signature, reply to, auto BCC, Auto forward, and to change password and secret question.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

You should be in the right place, my carrier has a link to create a new account. They support a maximum of 10 seperate accounts.

That account is handy when you want to forward something directly to your BlackBerry. Don't let it get out, last thing you want is a SPAM trap.
    07-24-09 09:59 PM
    thanks for the posts mates... it is helpful to my frnd..
    07-24-09 10:28 PM
    These options do not display for me and since I already created an email account on the screen, the option to create additional ones is no longer available. Any suggestions? Any other way to enter this information somewhere else?

Thanks!!!

You should be in the right place, my carrier has a link to create a new account. They support a maximum of 10 seperate accounts.

That account is handy when you want to forward something directly to your BlackBerry. Don't let it get out, last thing you want is a SPAM trap.
    07-25-09 07:16 PM
    About email setup options

Use one of the following options to set up email on your BlackBerry® device:

• BlackBerry Internet Service option: Use this email setup option to create a
    new email address for your device or to associate your device with one or more (up to ten) existing email addresses. You can set up email using this option by selecting the I want to create or add an email address option in the setup wizard on your device.

• BlackBerry Enterprise Server option: Use this email setup option to
    associate your device with a Microsoft Outlook, IBM Lotus Notes, or Novell®
    GroupWise® work email account and to take advantage of advanced wireless
    data synchronization capabilities. If your system administrator has provided
    you with an enterprise activation password, you can set up email using this
    option by selecting the I want to use a work email account with a
    BlackBerry Enterprise Server option in the setup wizard on your device. If
    you do not have an enterprise activation password, contact your system
    administrator. ...
    I suspect you have selected BES in the Setup Wizard.

Re-run the Setup Wizard and select the highlighted information.
    07-26-09 08:54 AM
    Hi Reed,

When I go back to the Setup wizard, I get to the screen to select the checkbox for "I want to create or ad an email address" though I am unable to select the box. Each time I click on it, nothing happens. I have to select Next at the bottom and it takes me to the next menu item for setting up Bluetooth. It does however display a page for a VERY brief moment displaying my email accounts though it just skips right over it and into the Bluetooth settings.

Any other ideas? Thank you!!!!!

I suspect you have selected BES in the Setup Wizard.

Re-run the Setup Wizard and select the highlighted information.
    07-27-09 05:03 PM
    If you are the only BlackBerry user on your Exchange server you might get the exchange admin to install BlackBerry Professional. It is similar to BES but limited in the number of users. I installed it on my Exchange server and now have 3 users. The first user is free. After that each user is $99.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD