In the past, whenever I'd send an e-mail (whether on the computer or on my BB) I'd get a copy of that e-mail in my BB inbox. I know that this is a Gmail thing/bug/glitch, and most people actually hate it.

I recently downloaded OS 5.0.0.238 (and love it) but it has stopped doing this. Problem is, I actually LIKE having copies of all sent mail in my BB inbox. I could send myself e-mails and reference items that were sent from my computer, without having to look on my computer. It was actually very useful in college when I was in the process of drafting papers.

I feel like this doesn't make much sense; it's sorta hard to put into words. But if anyone knows what I'm blabbing about and feels my pain I'd like to have those pesky sent-mails delivered back to my phone. It's sorta a "piece of mind" type thing; I feel much more organized.

This is my first post, so don't be too condescending. And, of course, I'm sorry if this has already appeared as a topic; I tried searching for it in these and other forums.
    10-06-09 12:10 AM
    Messages -> Options -> General Options -> Hide sent messages = No
    10-06-09 04:31 AM
    Also, I know sometimes Gmail will send you a copy so sometimes you setup a filter through the bis site.
    Check that and make sure you have no filters set.
    10-06-09 08:21 AM
    In the past, whenever I'd send an e-mail (whether on the computer or on my BB) I'd get a copy of that e-mail in my BB inbox. I know that this is a Gmail thing/bug/glitch, and most people actually hate it.

I recently downloaded OS 5.0.0.238 (and love it) but it has stopped doing this. Problem is, I actually LIKE having copies of all sent mail in my BB inbox. I could send myself e-mails and reference items that were sent from my computer, without having to look on my computer. It was actually very useful in college when I was in the process of drafting papers.

I feel like this doesn't make much sense; it's sorta hard to put into words. But if anyone knows what I'm blabbing about and feels my pain I'd like to have those pesky sent-mails delivered back to my phone. It's sorta a "piece of mind" type thing; I feel much more organized.

This is my first post, so don't be too condescending. And, of course, I'm sorry if this has already appeared as a topic; I tried searching for it in these and other forums.
    Welcome to the CrackBerry forums!
    It's interesting that they fixed that bug finally. Personally it annoyed the heck outta me, until I filtered it.
    I haven't had a chance to play with OS5 yet, but poke around the settings and see if there's a way to re-enable the gMail "sent bug"

Messages -> Options -> General Options -> Hide sent messages = No
    He's talking about messages sent from his PC, as well as from his BlackBerry.
    gMail on BB had a glitch where the BB inbox would pickup anything new in the "Sent" box of your gMail, whether written on your PC or Berry. Unless RIM did something funky in OS5, not hiding sent messages will only display messages sent from his phone.

Also, I know sometimes Gmail will send you a copy so sometimes you setup a filter through the bis site.
    Check that and make sure you have no filters set.
    It doesn't hurt to check, but I'm pretty sure this isn't it as the OP never set filter.
    10-06-09 09:08 AM
    I guess I should have mentioned that I tweaked all the settings on my BB as well as e-mail options before posting this. I even tried to Auto CC mySELF on every e-mail that was sent out, but no luck.

Hopefully the Google Suite will be compatible with 5.0 soon enough and I can access all sent mail from the Gmail App. But for now, I'm popping back and forth between my BB and computer and still have no way to e-mail myself! Thanks for your help guys.
    10-06-09 10:08 AM
    Sorry... Best of luck!
    10-06-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD