I think that with all the RIM and apple attention HTC is poised to pass them both in the near future what do u guys think

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 01:56 PM
    I think not.
    09-04-09 01:58 PM
    I'm personally considering an Android phone as my next phone. for me my Storm is not the phone i really wanted, that just me. it's not a bad phone just not what I personally want. HTC offers some nice phones too. either that or the Motorola Sholes..
    09-04-09 01:58 PM
    Yea see I agree I am a blackberry fan I also have an iphone I do prefer my berry tho but htc has some very nice and capable handsets as well

09-04-09 02:03 PM
    I don't think so. HTC needs to increase build quality of their devices first, although the Hero is built very well. I would have considered the Hero if it came to the US with NA 3G bands.

Also, HTC needs to start using glass for their touchscreens. I believe all of them have been plastic.
    Last edited by avt123; 09-04-09 at 02:06 PM.
    09-04-09 02:04 PM
    I know there will be new trends, but in the world of smart phones, the BB has always been on top, and from my guess, always will be.
    I think not.
    And why don't u think so forever

HTC makes some great looking phones, I love their designs but I jus don't think they are solid or powerful enough to compete just yet! (My opinion ofcourse)
    09-04-09 02:06 PM
    And why don't u think so forever

Two words. PUSH E-mail.

Blackberry is King of PUSH e-mail. I use an iPhone and I can admit that.
    09-04-09 02:07 PM
    I wouldn't say that just yet because hero is on the way to sprint and it has proven to be a huge competitor

09-04-09 02:08 PM
    I agree can't deny that fact

09-04-09 02:14 PM
    I was on a Moto Q for 2 years. I was looking all over for the perfect phone and was leaning towards the touch pro. Really came down to going to the store everyday and feeling the phone to know if it would function well for me. Bought my 8330 and couldn't be happier with my choice. Other than I didn't know of this site back then to know to hold out for a tour.

09-04-09 02:21 PM
    I think that with all the RIM and apple attention HTC is poised to pass them both in the near future what do u guys think

My ideas on HTC were not that good until 2 days ago when I saw a HTC Hero and played with it for a few hours.
    Man that is an awesome smartphone!
    I am waiting for the new Storm and Onyx but from what I have seen this phone goes beyond both Blackberries and iPhone 3GS!

I hope our friends @ RIM got their hands on a Hero too. I pray... because otherwise we will be defeated with superfast, multichannel, crossmedia and userfriendly technology as on HTC's Hero.
    09-04-09 02:28 PM
    My ideas on HTC were not that good until 2 days ago when I saw a HTC Hero and played with it for a few hours.
    Man that is an awesome smartphone!
    I am waiting for the new Storm and Onyx but from what I have seen this phone goes beyond both Blackberries and iPhone 3GS!

I hope our friends @ RIM got their hands on a Hero too. I pray... because otherwise we will be defeated with superfast, multichannel, crossmedia and userfriendly technology as on HTC's Hero.
    I agree completely, rumor has it Verizon is getting the HTC Desire link. my desire is that is Verizon's version of the hero. I personally think Andriod is going to become one of the mobile operating systems of choice in the near future for smartphones in general.
    09-04-09 02:53 PM
    I think the hero is awesome and better then the iphone and rim right now

09-04-09 03:29 PM
    I don't think htc will ever catch rim or Mac .. Htc isn't even near palm yet and those two companies were thinking of merging (if they merge then maybe rim should be a little worried..)

09-04-09 04:07 PM
    They have nicely designed phones. I had an HTC made phone before I got my Curve 2 years ago and I liked the overall design of the phone but it was big, clunky, and I hated the Windows Mobile software. I just don't seeing them being as big of a threat.
    09-04-09 04:51 PM
    HTC has some really stylish phones. I especially like the keyboard on the Touch Pro2. I think coupled with Android, HTC could really pose a threat (like the Hero, but with more powerful hardware and maybe a slide-out keyboard).
    09-04-09 06:49 PM
    HTC is just known for its nice UI....there is nothing that screams "smart" about an HTC phone. Im sorry but Its BB Vs. Apple IMO. They are the leading Smart phone makers. They are both exceptionally innovative in hardware, and most other phones dont come close to the build quality of iphone or bb.......

HTC has its place in the food chain, and thats just below apple and RIM.

IMO IMO IMO

09-04-09 06:57 PM
    the problem with HTC is the OS...they have some very forward looking hardware, to touch on what you said about "handsets" but winmo isn't stable, and usability is paramount. if winmo figures it out, then we'll have a competitor on our hands...until then, i think not.
    09-04-09 07:00 PM
    the problem with HTC is the OS...they have some very forward looking hardware, to touch on what you said about "handsets" but winmo isn't stable, and usability is paramount. if winmo figures it out, then we'll have a competitor on our hands...until then, i think not.
    I agree with patches
    09-04-09 07:05 PM
    Prior to Android I would have agreed with you. But the more I see the more I like. Win Mobile sucks though. Might as well call it widowsME.

09-04-09 07:38 PM
    Android isn't anything special though. When its widely available and more users then maybe something will come from it.

09-04-09 08:47 PM
    I've owned a number of Winmobile phones. The TYTN ( flip out touchscreen ), the Motorola Q ( I sent back almost instantly, hated that phone with a passion ), and the S621 ( most similar to blackberry in profile ) and almost purchased a Touch in place of my iPhone.

From a quality point of view, they were all great phones. The common limiting factor is the Win mobile software. It may have gotten better since 6.
    09-04-09 09:24 PM
    HTC is fully embracing Android while still supplying Winmo phones becasue there is still a market for the OS. Android is miles ahead of BB OS and whover said that RIM is innovate is smoking some good ish.
    09-04-09 11:00 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD