Long story short. I had a crack screen on my Q10 for several months. I ended up bumping into a wall kind of hard at work which gave it a more severe crack destroying my phone. So as of now I'm using my Nokia E6 and I see how BB10 is so much better than Symbian of course. I've also ordered a Microsoft Lumia 650 to try it. I never sim card activated it but I do like it so far so good, but not sure if I'm ready to move on. I think BB10 is also a better OS just a bit as well. I tried using my wife's Sony Xperia back up phone and I just can't get into Android and no iOS for me either.

So I ordered a new Q10 assembly LCD screen and I'm also waiting on my keyboard as well since my to letters 'D' and 'H' don't really work anymore. I hope the iFix it people can repair it for me. If not I'll just watch youtube videos and follow them along with the tools they give me. But I miss my Q10 so much I'm gaining a more appreciation of it each day. It's that ol saying "you never know what you got til its gone" my Q10 it just gets the job done. I shake my head everyday at Blackberry for the simple fact that they got rid of a very unique underrated OS in BB10. But it is what it is, I'll check out my Lumia 650 if I can't get my Q10 resurrected. But man oh man this is a great phone. I can see myself using it for anothe 3 years and I'll also keep my eye on the Sailfish OS hopefully it evolves because I'm very interested into that OS.
    You can also just order a new Q10 or classic of of eBay or amazon. Might be cheaper too
    10-21-18 07:35 AM
    I think after my update from the Q10 to the Classic - that was the best choice. but now from classic to keyone... oh God damn. haha the Keyboard is a joke.
    Well the KEYone has the keyboard swiping/scrolling... obviously the Q10 will feel more balanced in the hand due to the smaller size and weight. The KEY2 and LE are more balanced and comfortable to type on than the KEYone.
    10-21-18 07:38 AM
    I agree you're right. But the only problem with the KEYone and 2 is that those phones are so big....I'm not a fan of gigantic phones cause it I don't like the way they fit into my pocket. Plus I don't like Android. I hope in the next 3 years Sailfish OS or another alternative OS that is not iOS or Android I can try out.
    I. Find the key2 quite small comparing the big phones today
    10-21-18 07:38 AM
    Well the KEYone has the keyboard swiping/scrolling... obviously the Q10 will feel more balanced in the hand due to the smaller size and weight. The KEY2 and LE are more balanced and comfortable to type on than the KEYone.
    I will try it but no shop here in near Munich has a KeyTwo -.-
    10-21-18 07:45 AM
    Long story short. I had a crack screen on my Q10 for several months. I ended up bumping into a wall kind of hard at work which gave it a more severe crack destroying my phone. So as of now I'm using my Nokia E6 and I see how BB10 is so much better than Symbian of course. I've also ordered a Microsoft Lumia 650 to try it. I never sim card activated it but I do like it so far so good, but not sure if I'm ready to move on. I think BB10 is also a better OS just a bit as well. I tried using my wife's Sony Xperia back up phone and I just can't get into Android and no iOS for me either.

So I ordered a new Q10 assembly LCD screen and I'm also waiting on my keyboard as well since my to letters 'D' and 'H' don't really work anymore. I hope the iFix it people can repair it for me. If not I'll just watch youtube videos and follow them along with the tools they give me. But I miss my Q10 so much I'm gaining a more appreciation of it each day. It's that ol saying "you never know what you got til its gone" my Q10 it just gets the job done. I shake my head everyday at Blackberry for the simple fact that they got rid of a very unique underrated OS in BB10. But it is what it is, I'll check out my Lumia 650 if I can't get my Q10 resurrected. But man oh man this is a great phone. I can see myself using it for anothe 3 years and I'll also keep my eye on the Sailfish OS hopefully it evolves because I'm very interested into that OS.
    I had a Q10 then I got a passport now I have a KEYᵒⁿᵉ. But my 3 year old is desperate to have a little phone like daddy's and it must be little otherwise it's not for him. He just wants to watch YouTube shows on it over WiFi so I took out my Q10 and started to get it ready and I forgot how much I love that device. It really is a great sized phone and I really miss the feel of it over the large display devices. Now if it just had a capacitive keyboard it would be perfect.
    Jazuyo likes this.
    10-23-18 09:11 AM
    Now if it just had a capacitive keyboard it would be perfect.
    And a supported OS lol
    10-23-18 09:34 AM
    I will try it but no shop here in near Munich has a KeyTwo -.-
    In Nürnberg in Saturn they have it...

Posted via CB10
    10-23-18 10:42 AM
    In Nürnberg in Saturn they have it...

Posted via CB10
    Ok. Zu weit weg um es zu probieren
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-23-18 03:00 PM
    I had a Q10 then I got a passport now I have a KEYᵒⁿᵉ. But my 3 year old is desperate to have a little phone like daddy's and it must be little otherwise it's not for him. He just wants to watch YouTube shows on it over WiFi so I took out my Q10 and started to get it ready and I forgot how much I love that device. It really is a great sized phone and I really miss the feel of it over the large display devices. Now if it just had a capacitive keyboard it would be perfect.

Starting him off young onto the right path with the BlackBerry!! Good for you!

How's he handing the swipe gestures and everything? To be honest one of the things I always found unique about iOS was just how quickly a lot of little children and seniors would be able to navigate the platform without a lot of issues.

Either way, he's now like his daddy on the BlackBerry! Let's keep it that way

Posted via CB10
    10-23-18 07:15 PM
    Starting him off young onto the right path with the BlackBerry!! Good for you!

How's he handing the swipe gestures and everything? To be honest one of the things I always found unique about iOS was just how quickly a lot of little children and seniors would be able to navigate the platform without a lot of issues.

Either way, he's now like his daddy on the BlackBerry! Let's keep it that way

Posted via CB10
    He watches various videos on YouTube and that's it. I launch it for him and get the video he wants, after all he's only 3. I should try and get the YouTube for kids apk installed and let him use that as it's easier to navigate
    10-23-18 11:33 PM
    For anyone who cares, Firefox (fennec-55.0.2.en-US.android-arm.apk) installs quite nicely on the Q10 and yes, it works! It was last updated in 2017.

Note: Version 63.0 is *supposed* to support Android 4.1 and up but for whatever reason, it seems to install (but not work) on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-18 10:38 AM
    For anyone who cares, Firefox (fennec-55.0.2.en-US.android-arm.apk) installs quite nicely on the Q10 and yes, it works! It was last updated in 2017.

Note: Version 63.0 is *supposed* to support Android 4.1 and up but for whatever reason, it seems to install (but not work) on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Annndddd.... How's the battery drain when using Firefox on a BB10 device?
    10-24-18 11:16 AM
    Annndddd.... How's the battery drain when using Firefox on a BB10 device?
    Haven't noticed any problems. Should I have?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-18 11:38 AM
    Haven't noticed any problems. Should I have?

Posted via CB10
    I'm just surprised that an Android browser could run on a BB10 device without adding a significant extra drain
    10-24-18 12:22 PM
    I'm just surprised that an Android browser could run on a BB10 device without adding a significant extra drain
    There are several android browsers that work reasonably well without draining the battery. Among them are Kiwi Browser, BEOL, and older versions of Brave. There are many others as well.
    10-24-18 12:29 PM
40 12