I just love HDMI out. The ability to use to my BB phone as a remote with my PB is a feature I have absolutely enjoyed.
    03-22-14 08:07 PM
    Another great feature that BB has, and soon everybody will.BB needs a better way to let people know about their innovations.
    What does the HDMI port on Android phones do?
    03-23-14 11:14 AM
    well, duh. Obviously HDMI is not BB specific, but that wasn't what I asked. I wasn't familiar with this feature and didn't know if BB10 supported a wireless type of way to mirror your screen like this HDMI-out solution.

Either way, ahhhh, that sucks! I was hoping that it had a wireless solution, especially since ios/android/WP8.1 already have it, but oh well, I'll have to let my boss know since he was looking to get BB10s for us, but I guess since its not wireless, he can't now.
    Ios doesn't have a wireless solution without another 100 bucks thrown in. Various BlackBerry versions also have miracast which is wireless but devices have to support it so money is needed there too. Hdmi cable for 10 bucks to a existing hdmi port that is standard now on all sizes and models if tvs and projectors are way more practical.....
    Duh!

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    03-23-14 11:28 AM
    Can I not make my Z30 connect to my laptop with HDMI cable? I am not able make it work.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 02:59 AM
    Can I not make my Z30 connect to my laptop with HDMI cable? I am not able make it work.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have hdmi input on your laptop?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 03:01 AM
    The usual iPhone defenders will be here soon enough to let you know some iPhones can do HDMI with a $50+ special adapter wire. No doubt that will spark the debate for at least 20 pages about how you can get a standard HDMI to mini-HDMI adapter cable for $3.

Anyway, HDMI is one of those features most of us will not use often but when we need it, it's fantastic to have. Like USB Host Mode (Z30), FM Radio (not on Z10), Miracast and Wi-Fi Direct.

My mother is in a facility for a while so during a visit I checked her TV and found it had HDMI ports. I brought a cable the next visit and showed her pictures of some events she was unable to attend. My sister with the iPhone had no clue if she could do that.
    Funny thing is, I don't know one iphone user that connects their phone to a tv.......not one. and when they come to my place they have their hands all over the playbook to put up the next music video etc......

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 08:36 AM
81 ... 234