It seems to be a minor feature, but it really makes my job and life easier.

Now I no longer carry my laptop with me when I have to do a powerpoint-like presentation, and more and more often I link Z30 to my tv and watch movies.

Ah, and it was also nice to see all the photos of the holyday in my friend's TV: everybody asking me if they could do the same whit their iPhone...

Priceless...

I hope they leave intact this feature in future models, anyone else loves/uses it?

02-11-14 03:31 PM
    I don't pay for cable (student) . Stream sports every time from it. MAKES my playbook ridiculously useful as well

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-11-14 03:39 PM
    I don't pay for cable (student) . Stream sports every time from it. MAKES my playbook ridiculously useful as well

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 04:49 PM
    It seems to be a minor feature, but it really makes my job and life easier.

Now I no longer carry my laptop with me when I have to do a powerpoint-like presentation, and more and more often I link Z30 to my tv and watch movies.

Ah, and it was also nice to see all the photos of the holyday in my friend's TV: everybody asking me if they could do the same whit their iPhone...

Priceless...

I hope they leave intact this feature in future models, anyone else loves/uses it?

Love playing movies via HDMI on TV. Great sound, great picture.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 03:43 AM
    Do you guys have issues with codecs?
    02-12-14 04:18 AM
    Well, sometimes: specially when a receive some video from a iPhone...

byrdbrained likes this.
    02-12-14 05:10 AM
    I just recently discovered HDMI out too. I only pay for high speed Internet. So watching content on my PlayBook and Z10 connected to the TV is quite impressive. It has really made me rethink the whole 'smartphone' thing. I don't use my phone as a phone, but a 'mobile device'. Thanks to the native Crackle app on my Z10, i have discovered shows i have never thought about . I even found a 'full on' TV stream of a local morning new channel (NYC), complete with commercials, that my PlayBook streams in the morning. Something to think about.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 06:20 AM
    The usual iPhone defenders will be here soon enough to let you know some iPhones can do HDMI with a $50+ special adapter wire. No doubt that will spark the debate for at least 20 pages about how you can get a standard HDMI to mini-HDMI adapter cable for $3.

Anyway, HDMI is one of those features most of us will not use often but when we need it, it's fantastic to have. Like USB Host Mode (Z30), FM Radio (not on Z10), Miracast and Wi-Fi Direct.

My mother is in a facility for a while so during a visit I checked her TV and found it had HDMI ports. I brought a cable the next visit and showed her pictures of some events she was unable to attend. My sister with the iPhone had no clue if she could do that.
    What??? I got mine for my z10 for 19$ and its only like 40cm
    02-12-14 06:53 AM
    Agreed, and one of the greatest things about it is its low tech simplicity.

As long as the TV or projector has an HDMI port, you plug the phone in, it works.

Great for home viewing, great for presentations.

Also great for teaching colleagues how to get the best from their phone as I was doing yesterday!

Posted via CB10
    jrohland likes this.
    02-12-14 08:14 AM
    My Z10 is my media center.

HDMI out
    Netflix
    tTorrent
    BlackBerry World
    MLB at Bat
    VLC (for the odd missing codecs)
    Streaming from network TV websites through the browser

That's just for video, options for music and audio are endless.

Z10 STL100-3 |10.2.1.1925 | Bell | CB10
    jrohland and miah10 like this.
    02-12-14 08:22 AM
    Another great feature that BB has, and soon everybody will.BB needs a better way to let people know about their innovations.
    02-12-14 08:24 AM
    Using the HDMI port to play games on my BlackBerry to my TV. #Priceless

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    02-12-14 08:30 AM
    What??? I got mine for my z10 for 19$ and its only like 40cm
    Don't fall for the marketing hype of Monster and those other companies. As long as it's HDMI 1.3, it would be good for streaming. If you want low prices, order via monoprice. I've ordered multiple cables from them and have never had a problem. Longest one I've ordered was 25 ft (7.62 metres) priced under $20.

Channel for Asian eye candy
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    02-12-14 08:30 AM
    Mine was $3, 6 feet, and we'll works like a charm

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 08:45 AM
    I just recently discovered HDMI out too. I only pay for high speed Internet. So watching content on my PlayBook and Z10 connected to the TV is quite impressive. It has really made me rethink the whole 'smartphone' thing. I don't use my phone as a phone, but a 'mobile device'. Thanks to the native Crackle app on my Z10, i have discovered shows i have never thought about . I even found a 'full on' TV stream of a local morning new channel (NYC), complete with commercials, that my PlayBook streams in the morning. Something to think about.

Posted via CB10
    Test out Netflix, or hulu (if you live in US).

Also, because the z10 and pb both play flash very well you can go to your fave tv channels website and stream the last few episodes of any show.

I bought a package of 5 hdmi wires for $15 on amazon, sold 3 to my friends for $3 a piece (kept one for backup just in case) and haven't looked back since.

I'm also a teacher, and the computers at the schools are very slow, if I don't want to carry my own laptop on a given day I just use my pb and send the slide show or prezi to the pb and use that. It is great for maximum entertainment value and portability.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 10:39 AM
    Hello guyz,

Is it possible for a Hdmi output to Macbook??

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 11:26 AM
    $6 got a 15ft cable. And it's awesome!

-movies
    -games
    -home vids
    -photos
    -presentations

So easy, so convenient. Got another 10ft cable in my bag. Carry it with me every where I go.

Posted via CB10
    lforrest18 likes this.
    02-12-14 11:38 AM
    Hello guyz,

Is it possible for a Hdmi output to Macbook?
    No, but that's because a MacBook cannot accept HDMI input (no laptop that I'm aware of can). A MacBook with an HDMI port would only work as an HDMI out, to allow the MacBook to be connected to a TV or other display.

A few HDMI capture cards exist, but they only work with HDMI streams that do not contain HDCP protection, which essentially limits them to accepting inputs from video cameras.
    02-12-14 01:45 PM
    How do you adjust a q10 to make it wide on the tv?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 01:49 PM
    Yes Iove HDMi port in bb10, I bought the 10 feet cable from Crackberry and I watch movies every day from Primewire.ag on my LED TV. I use my PlayBook and my Z10 as my main TV entertainment system, and my Z30 as remote control for my PB.

Posted from my flagship Z30 10.2.1.1925
    02-12-14 04:18 PM
    No, but that's because a MacBook cannot accept HDMI input (no laptop that I'm aware of can). A MacBook with an HDMI port would only work as an HDMI out, to allow the MacBook to be connected to a TV or other display.

A few HDMI capture cards exist, but they only work with HDMI streams that do not contain HDCP protection, which essentially limits them to accepting inputs from video cameras.
    Some newer gaming laptops have HDMI inputs.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 04:30 PM
    @ Troy Tiscareno : Thanxs man!

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 05:18 PM
    Hello guyz,

Is it possible for a Hdmi output to Macbook??

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Can a mac book take an HDMI feed. If so it will work.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 05:19 PM
    OP....if you do power point presentations, then check out BlackBerry Express. It's free, easy to throw great presentations together on the fly. Also check out the export feature as an email. Put photos and text directly on someone's email screen.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 05:22 PM
    I've heard a lot of people talking about the joys of using Hdmi out for presenting, but I'm wondering - how do you do a presentation with you device strung to a cord connected to the wall /projector?

I usually give prezi/powerpoint presentations with a laptop hooked up (either VGA or wireless via Epson easymp) but the laptop is stationary. I am not. I use a small handheld clicker to advance slides that way I can move around.

Is there something I'm missing, or is everyone just in a different use case, where they are standing behind a podium and it doesn't matter that they are tethered via hdmi?

Also, why can't I use dlna to present a powerpoint? It works fine for pictures, movies, and music...

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 06:51 PM
81 123 ...