Heck.. the HDMI out was awesome from the get go.. when they came out with the Playbook, I would bridge it to my (then) 9310 Curve and control it remotely on a 60" Plasma.. you gotta love how they kept it 'universal' like other android phones (UNLIKE iPhone's proprietary connectors) with the micro hdmi and micro usb.

From my Q10, Waiting for OS 10.2.1 from T-Mobile
    02-12-14 07:12 PM
    I've heard a lot of people talking about the joys of using Hdmi out for presenting, but I'm wondering - how do you do a presentation with you device strung to a cord connected to the wall /projector?

I usually give prezi/powerpoint presentations with a laptop hooked up (either VGA or wireless via Epson easymp) but the laptop is stationary. I am not. I use a small handheld clicker to advance slides that way I can move around.

Is there something I'm missing, or is everyone just in a different use case, where they are standing behind a podium and it doesn't matter that they are tethered via hdmi?

Also, why can't I use dlna to present a powerpoint? It works fine for pictures, movies, and music...

Posted via CB10
    If I use my playbook I use the z10 as a remote.

If I use the Z10 then I have a pretty long cord, I think 10 ft, so I place it usually in the middle of the room and as I'm walking I just go back to tap the screen when I'm about to need the next slide.

If you do it properly then it seems natural. For example. As a teacher I usually walk around the room when talking/reading or as the students are working, so this no different at all.

Also, because the z10 is blue tooth you may he able to use a clicker with it. I haven't tried because my methods work just fine. I know that I've synced a bt keyboard to both pb and z10, a mouse should work at the very least.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 07:17 PM
    This is one of the features I didn't realize how much I'd use. It gets used way more than I would have expected.
    02-12-14 07:32 PM
    I plug into my TV at work and watch netflix all the time. One of my fav features of Z10. All BlackBerrys need to always have HDMI out.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 07:35 PM
    You guys should check out some of the things I've been using with my Z30.

I have a Netgear Push2TV, mogo controller, USB host/hub adapter and a Western Digital My Passport external disk drive.

I formatted (FAT) the WD drive with a program called SwissKnife to remove all the bloatware, else the Z30 won't recognize the drive.

I loaded the 1tb drive with hundreds of movies and music. I sometimes use the HDMI Out when I play games with the mogo bluetooth controller, but I increasingly use the Netgear miracast adapter and stream the movies/games to the TV. Netflix works good too. I also have a wireless mouse and keyboard hooked up to the USB hub sometimes.

I have a couple complaints though. No landscape mode for the BB10 OS and you can't use the "Play On" feature when streaming media off the external hard drive, you have to use the "Screen Share" feature in the miracast settings. This means my phone becomes unusable when I'm watching movies and can't send / receive msg or use browser etc. I hope they fix this in a future update.

Zed30
    laketrout73 and Paul Callahan like this.
    02-12-14 07:41 PM
    I watched The Walking Dead on my Z10 connected to my TV last night. The son, Carl, acted stupid and almost got himself killed.

? CB10 ?
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    02-12-14 08:06 PM
    This port hdmi, is awesome also when linked to BlackBerry express app! Beautiful Presentations!

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 08:09 PM
    I use it a lot too. Just by virtue of having to travel, I usually bring TV shows I want to catch up on and watch them in the hotel room tv if it has HDMI input.
    02-12-14 08:11 PM
    Today one of my lessons was to discuss the importance of Olympic games, all the unity and what not.

So, I hook up the school provided laptop... monitor didn't work. get another one... won't log into network. got a third, didn't have flash (can't install anything bc of security)

I have now wasted 15 mins of the 70 min lesson, and got fed up. Went into my bag, pulled out the hdmi cord and... BOOM!

Posted via CB10
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    02-13-14 07:40 PM
    Today one of my lessons was to discuss the importance of Olympic games, all the unity and what not.

So, I hook up the school provided laptop... monitor didn't work. get another one... won't log into network. got a third, didn't have flash (can't install anything bc of security)

I have now wasted 15 mins of the 70 min lesson, and got fed up. Went into my bag, pulled out the hdmi cord and... BOOM!

Posted via CB10
    Awesome! Hope your students asked what phone that was?

From Zarafet my Z30.
    02-13-14 07:50 PM
    Some newer gaming laptops have HDMI inputs.
    Link? Not that I doubt you, I'm just curious.
    02-13-14 08:39 PM
    I've heard a lot of people talking about the joys of using Hdmi out for presenting, but I'm wondering - how do you do a presentation with you device strung to a cord connected to the wall /projector?

I usually give prezi/powerpoint presentations with a laptop hooked up (either VGA or wireless via Epson easymp) but the laptop is stationary. I am not. I use a small handheld clicker to advance slides that way I can move around.

Is there something I'm missing, or is everyone just in a different use case, where they are standing behind a podium and it doesn't matter that they are tethered via hdmi?

Also, why can't I use dlna to present a powerpoint? It works fine for pictures, movies, and music...

Posted via CB10
    With the phone your tethered by the cable but with a PlayBook you could use the phone as a remote for the presentation with the bridge function.

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    02-13-14 10:33 PM
    Please let me know where you got the 6ft mini hdmi cable for $3.

Posted via my Z10 10.2.1.1925 ?
    02-14-14 02:15 AM
    I stream TV show seasons and movies directly off my computer to my z30 and into my TV with hdmi out. I also use it to game on by hooking it to my TV or pc monitor. Love It. One of the best features on the phone.

Z30 10.2.1.537
    02-14-14 02:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    As a Greek, I'd love to see your presentation on the Olympic Games....any way I can?

Posted by my GINORMOUS Z30
    02-14-14 02:50 AM
    I have used my Z10, Q10, and now Z30 to make a presentation through HDMI for my courses...works perfectly every time.

Paul Callahan likes this.
    02-14-14 02:52 AM
    Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 03:44 AM
    great function. use it to watch movies when i travel , just plug into the hotel's tv. however its not just a blackberry thing. most modern androids can do it too, without needing 2 ports. the cables are pretty cheap on amazon.
    02-14-14 07:15 AM
    How do you adjust a q10 to make it wide on the tv?

Posted via CB10
    I'd like to know this too. Does anyone know if the Q can play videos wide screen automatically? Never tried it, and thinking about getting one.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 09:28 AM

Amazon? Ebay? Best buy?

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 09:51 AM

Monoprice is your friend!
    02-14-14 11:11 AM
    As a Greek, I'd love to see your presentation on the Olympic Games....any way I can?

It was just a few pics and clips. Nothing special really. More like pictures to start a discussion, and whenever the kids seemed done with the topic I switched the pic.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 06:12 PM
    I love it too, I can watch Netflix on TV any time.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 07:06 PM
    It was just a few pics and clips. Nothing special really. More like pictures to start a discussion, and whenever the kids seemed done with the topic I switched the pic.

Posted via CB10
    Aahhh....ok, makes sense.

02-14-14 07:12 PM
    I'd like to know this too. Does anyone know if the Q can play videos wide screen automatically? Never tried it, and thinking about getting one.

Posted via CB10
    When you attach your Q10 to the TV. On the phones screen, you should be able to change the size

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 07:16 PM
81 1234