12-18-12 07:49 AM
    Why do you think they're not on BB?
    12-18-12 07:52 AM
    To me, this falls into the "don't like it, don't use it" category.

Instagram is not the only social network to do this and I'm pretty sure it will still have millions of users and be an important app next month.
    12-18-12 07:59 AM
    Nobody should be surprised they have costs to cover and probably want to make money. I don't know why you need it since you can post your pictures to Facebook or Google +. BB10 will fix that though hehe Won't the picture app have filters and then you can share with Facebook etc?
    12-18-12 08:04 AM
    Instagram dont want it never wanted it, same goes for Netflix and Skype.
    npisano, alan510 and Lehomer like this.
    12-18-12 08:10 AM
    I never understood the fascination for Instagram. But then again, my phone is a tool to do my job, not a toy.
    MTL and aniym like this.
    12-18-12 08:13 AM
    Kevin said on Oct 12 that Instagram is guaranteed to come to BB10 or he was going to buy someone a car. I would rather have the car so I am hoping it doesn't come!
    kbz1960, spike12, JeepBB and 4 others like this.
    12-18-12 08:18 AM
    As Instagram is owned by Facebook,rumour going around is that Facebook will change their terms to match very soon after.
    12-18-12 08:36 AM
    As Instagram is owned by Facebook,rumour going around is that Facebook will change their terms to match very soon after.
    i dont believe they will
    facebook is just much more personal, i don't think they'd risk this on facebook
    12-18-12 09:25 AM
    isn't the tool vs toy thing getting a bit old now? to succeed, a device should be both. I hope they will be on BB10. Don't mind if they sell my photos. I don't post stuff online that I don't want seen / stolen. So no issues for me. But BB10 will have a big issue without such popular apps
    12-18-12 09:35 AM
    isn't the tool vs toy thing getting a bit old now? to succeed, a device should be both. I hope they will be on BB10. Don't mind if they sell my photos. I don't post stuff online that I don't want seen / stolen. So no issues for me. But BB10 will have a big issue without such popular apps
    I don't post online either but I have photographer friends who do. Many of them post to get thoughts from friends on the photos before publishing them to sell. How awful would it be for Instagram to take them at will, sell them and cause the photographer to loose money after he worked so hard for the perfect shot? Someone suggest watercoloring before uploading - I guess that is a thought. No one should have the exclusive right to your property.
    12-18-12 09:45 AM
    I don't post online either but I have photographer friends who do. Many of them post to get thoughts from friends on the photos before publishing them to sell. How awful would it be for Instagram to take them at will, sell them and cause the photographer to loose money after he worked so hard for the perfect shot? Someone suggest watercoloring before uploading - I guess that is a thought. No one should have the exclusive right to your property.
    I agree with the last line. But IMO, instagram isn't meant for photographers. It is for friends to share random photos of vacation and places. For ex: I find a good restaurant, I just click, geotag and tag my friends who can check it out when interested. I guess you meant watermarking. That will be safe but won't look good on instagram. Serious photographers should look at something more serious.. Maybe Flickr (not sure how its terms are)
    12-18-12 09:51 AM
    And this is why "Free" never really is Free.
    12-18-12 09:52 AM
    That is interesting. Though, I'm not surprised by this.
    12-18-12 09:56 AM
    Well..if they want to sell pictures of my lunch everyday I want a cut of the proceeds! Seriously though, BB10 will more than likely have Instagram..if you don't want your pictures on there; don't use it.
    BB12MX and shemaree09 like this.
    12-18-12 09:56 AM
    And this is why "Free" never really is Free.
    but there are many (including me) who dont mind the 'price'
    12-18-12 09:58 AM
    The pics I load on Instagram are pics I share on several online forums. I assume nothing about their privacy.
    There are pics on FB that I share only with FB friends...they in turn are only flesh and blood family and close friends. THOSE pics are private and inside a closed in circle.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    12-18-12 10:17 AM
    but there are many (including me) who dont mind the 'price'
    Perhaps, but that's not how they built instagram up, people joined it and shared their photos thinking the photos remained theirs. Now they will not be.

This sort of explains the extremely high price facebook paid for them.
    12-18-12 10:19 AM
    The pics I load on Instagram are pics I share on several online forums. I assume nothing about their privacy.
    There are pics on FB that I share only with FB friends...they in turn are only flesh and blood family and close friends. THOSE pics are private and inside a closed in circle.

Ah, the irony, everything you shared on Facebook already belongs to Facebook, now what you shared on Instagram will belong to Facebook too. Your "closed facebook circle" also includes Facebook and they're free to sell your closed circle photos to the highest bidder. Which very soon could be your employer, oh wait, that's already happening.
    12-18-12 10:23 AM
    Well..if they want to sell pictures of my lunch everyday I want a cut of the proceeds!
    Absolutely.. tell them there's no such thing as a free lunch
    12-18-12 10:48 AM
    Some people are not getting the point really,i for one do not have an instagram account but if i did,i would like atleast a notification of one of my photos being sold somewhere or used,its not about they paying me for it its about me knowing and not sitting one day watching tv and randomly seeing a photo of me or a friend or family on public television

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-18-12 10:54 AM
    Some people are not getting the point really,i for one do not have an instagram account but if i did,i would like atleast a notification of one of my photos being sold somewhere or used,its not about they paying me for it its about me knowing and not sitting one day watching tv and randomly seeing a photo of me or a friend or family on public television
    Sorry, that won't be done.
    From CNet:

Instagram said today that it has the perpetual right to sell users' photographs without payment or notification, a dramatic policy shift that quickly sparked a public outcry.

http://m.cnet.com/news/instagram-says-it-now-has-the-right-to-sell-your-photos/57559710
    12-18-12 11:03 AM
    For those of you with custom avatars....including me.....how do you stop someone from right clicking on your pic and using your photo without your consent?
    Try it with mine. Easily lifted.
    I have a pic of my dogs on my profile. I posted pics on threads.
    Pics I send to friends are private and I expect them to remain so.
    On FB my pics are set to private.
    On Instagram I know I cannot control their dissemination because I post them in several public forums. Family pics do not go on Instagram because of that. Doggies, DC, etc. .... no family there.
    I was once photographed at the UCLA campus being silly.

If Instagram sells pics of my golden, I expect it will be when he wins Crufts and Westminster.

Oh....by the way....Mobile Nations used members' pics on a collage.....no issues there either......I didn't have a nervous breakdown over the whole thing....

Last edited by qbnkelt; 12-18-12 at 12:10 PM.
    12-18-12 11:15 AM
    For those of you with custom avatars....including me.....how do you stop someone from right clicking on your pic and using your photo without your consent?
    by praying?
    12-18-12 11:21 AM
    Tell him/her to do what other photographers do when posting their stuff online...place watermarks on the picture so no one can use it without knowing who took the pic. Free publicity for him!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    12-18-12 11:28 AM
50 12