I am getting really annoyed with my iPhone lately, screen can freeze up, and the texting can be really annoying. I think its growing old on me, but I love the wifi and the youtube feature. Now I do not know much about the Blackberrys, but many of my friends have them, and I used them just for a couple a minutes and they seem really fun and cool. It seems that the best two are the Blackberry Tour, and the Blackberry Bold, now The Tour is for Verizon, and the Bold is for AT&T, If you think I should switch phones, and that I may not miss my iPhone, should I stay with AT&T and go with the Bold, or go to Verizon and get the Tour? Also will a blackberry data plan end up being cheaper than the iPhone a month or will it cost more?
    10-22-09 10:37 AM
    Well I has both on T-mob. Unlocked Bold and iphone 2g. The Bold is awesome for texting and email. The iphone media capabilities can't be beat. If you can see if you can pick up used Bold off craigslist.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 11:11 AM
    Love my Blackberry. Went from Nextel (did not love it) to Palm Pre. That lasted 3 weeks. Went to Sprint Blackberry Tour. Absolutely love it.
    10-22-09 11:11 AM
    Well I has both on T-mob. Unlocked Bold and iphone 2g. The Bold is awesome for texting and email. The iphone media capabilities can't be beat. If you can see if you can pick up used Bold off craigslist.

I know a few people who have both iPhone and Berry.

It really boils down to what is critical for you? If you need communication as a priority (personal, business) Berry is the way to go. Fast, seamless, secure.

If media is more important you- stick with iPhone.
    10-22-09 11:15 AM
    ...I love the wifi and the youtube feature...Also will a blackberry data plan end up being cheaper than the iPhone a month or will it cost more?

I believe that the Tour doesn't have wifi - so if that's important to you then you might want to go with the bold.

As for the cost of the plan, they should be comparable. At least it is with my carrier.

10-22-09 11:41 AM
    I agree with all above posts... you really have to look at what's important to you. If you do alot of messaging, then I would take a look at the Bold. If you do alot of web surfing, youtube videos and such, then the iPhone may be what you want to stick with.

If you decide to go to the BlackBerry route, I would also suggest holding out for the new Bold 9700 with AT&T. However, the Bold 9000 and the Tour are also great devices. ATT - 9700, VZW - 9630 Tour
    10-22-09 11:53 AM
    I have the Storm and love it
    10-22-09 11:54 AM
    What everybody else said is good.

The I-phone may be better for consumers wanting lots of video or music but the Bold 9000 is my fave for e-mail and general surfing. Got one a few months back and not turning back now.
    10-22-09 11:58 AM
    Lotta folks have a an iPod and a BB. This way, they get the best of both worlds.

10-22-09 12:05 PM
    I believe that the Tour doesn't have wifi - so if that's important to you then you might want to go with the bold.

As for the cost of the plan, they should be comparable. At least it is with my carrier.

Cool I might check it out when It comes out, thanks. Thanks to everyone else as well for the help!
    10-22-09 04:19 PM
    I am a new BB user and I love it but I am a business user and love its capabilities.
    10-22-09 06:09 PM
    The Bold 9700 sure looks sexy. If you're happy with ATT coverage, then just stick with them and get the new bold.

10-22-09 06:20 PM
    I am getting really annoyed with my iPhone lately, screen can freeze up, and the texting can be really annoying. I think its growing old on me, but I love the wifi and the youtube feature. Now I do not know much about the Blackberrys, but many of my friends have them, and I used them just for a couple a minutes and they seem really fun and cool. It seems that the best two are the Blackberry Tour, and the Blackberry Bold, now The Tour is for Verizon, and the Bold is for AT&T, If you think I should switch phones, and that I may not miss my iPhone, should I stay with AT&T and go with the Bold, or go to Verizon and get the Tour? Also will a blackberry data plan end up being cheaper than the iPhone a month or will it cost more?
    I own a storm and it has been the worst phone purchase I have ever made. I love the features this phone has, but it doesn't function properly and there's just too many software bugs and glitches. I think you're right about the phone losing it's new touch with you. I would stick with your iphone. I got tuck with the data plan for $30 a month. i'm not sure what t's is?
    Stick with the apple.
    10-22-09 06:46 PM
    You cant go wrong with a blackberry. i have been selling phones for several years and blackberry seems to be where people want to go. The Bold and Tour are two amazing handsets. They can't compete against Apple's app store but just out of sheer function you cant pass up a blackberry. Having sold all four major carriers i would recommend either T-mobile or Sprint. T-mobile has there new "Project Dark" with the Bold 2 coming in November. Sprint has the CHEAPEST data plans around, still fast if not faster internet speeds than AT&T plus they offer you GPS navigation for free and their new "any mobile any time" which will save you on minutes.
    10-22-09 07:19 PM
    If you switch to verizon a data plan is MANDATORY...the lowest is $29.99 a month (not sure what your iphone bill was). I have the blackberry curve and i can access my emails, go on the internet, bbm, text. It works for me...My average monthly bill for just me is around $86 which includes unlimited text, picture and flix messages to all verizon members and 500 outside texts ($10 a month-there's other options too). Verizon is the best service for my area, but i've heard that other providers are cheaper...it depends on what you need it for i guess
    10-23-09 05:50 PM
    I would stay with ATT and maybe get the 9700 if I were you. It seems like an awesome device
    10-23-09 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD