OK! I am a new blackberry owner. I'm a Canadian student studying at Notre Dame, but I will be graduating next spring, and returning back to Canada. I will be living in Toronto/Montreal once I'm back in Canada. I got my Blackberry with Virginmobile USA, which is a pay as you go plan, for while I am still in the USA. When I bought the Blackberry, the idea was that I would be able to continue using the same phone once I move back to Canada. From what you guys know, can I do this? Can I get normal service from a Canadian provider on a Virginmobile USA blackberry? Also, the blackberry did NOT come with a SIM. When I bought the phone, I talked to Virginmobile USA and Canada, as well as with Blackberry, and they all told me that I could, but I don't think that any of them understood that I would be permanently residing in Canada in a year. Help...?
    04-27-11 12:40 PM
    Sim?
    If there is no sim it is very hard to get another company to use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 12:44 PM
    Is it possible to buy a sim?
    04-27-11 12:51 PM
    Is it possible to buy a sim?
    Yes, I think he was asking if it had a sim card slot. You can buy a sim card from your carrier for less than a $1. BTW, which BB do you have?
    Last edited by rdiddy_25; 04-27-11 at 01:37 PM.
    04-27-11 01:31 PM
    OHHH, ok. Yes, it does have a sim card slot. I have the Curve 8530.
    04-27-11 01:50 PM
    No, the 8530 is CDMA. It does NOT have a SIM card slot.
    The 8520 is GSM, and it DOES have a SIM card slot.

Virgin Mobile Canada is GSM.
    So, you'll need a GSM device to work with their service.
    04-27-11 02:06 PM
    Ohhh.. so.. well that's just great...thanks y'all.
    04-27-11 02:21 PM
    If you want to get a phone with a sim, get the 8520. Or whatever. It is pretty much the same phone so yeah.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD