I just got my BB Torch 9810 a month ago. I LOVE IT. I had an Android before but i love this phone. I just wanna ask yall, What is with all the BB hate out there ? I tune in to the radio and people are ******** about their BBphones, on the net, TV, everywhere. I don't get it. My phone is fantastic, i can type a mile a min and i can type long detailed emails.

It's not right ( in my opinion ) that people have such extreme hate for RIM. There really is no middle mark either. It's full on hate or love. Why no hate for Apple ? Steve Jobs had some extreme views on media ownership. So why does the public drool over an Apple product ? People are crazy.

Loving my 9810
    Last edited by VanCity778; 11-22-11 at 11:11 PM.
    11-22-11 10:49 PM
    People are crazy. You nailed it.
    11-22-11 10:54 PM
    you`ll never manage to really get to the answer, its amazing how many people get it wrong. for example, motorola havent made profit in the last few years but they get good press and analyst coverage (for a company thats losing money? wth!!) then you have LG, again, losing money, then you have WP7, losing marketshare and device sales, but hey lifes all peachy, then last of all apple, yup, that awesome company that can do no wrong.....unless of course you bought shares this time last month, yup, shares are down apx12% in a month, and thats apple!! no biggy? thats $50 a share lost in a month!!

but even amidst all of this, seems people still want to believe the analysts (who missed the credit crunch, and we now `occupy`) that RIM is the one thats doomed.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    11-22-11 11:02 PM
    you`ll never manage to really get to the answer, its amazing how many people get it wrong.
    I can already tell it's about to happen again.

for example, motorola havent made profit in the last few years but they get good press and analyst coverage (for a company thats losing money? wth!!)
    Really. I must've missed all that good Motorola press. Instead, I read about the poorly reviewed Xoom with its seriously belated 4G update, the Atrix with the uber-expensive laptop dock and the fact that Google probably overpaid for its acquisition.

then you have WP7, losing marketshare and device sales
    WP7 can't "lose" what it never had. Now if you argued Microsoft is losing share and device sales, that would be valid, but WP7 has never really had any share to lose.

then last of all apple, yup, that awesome company that can do no wrong.....unless of course you bought shares this time last month, yup, shares are down apx12% in a month, and thats apple!! no biggy? thats $50 a share lost in a month!!
    On the upside, if you buy RIMM right now the most you can lose is $17.
    11-22-11 11:10 PM
    I can already tell it's about to happen again.
    yup, sorry, you were wrong on WP7

WP7 can't "lose" what it never had. Now if you argued Microsoft is losing share and device sales, that would be valid, but WP7 has never really had any share to lose.
    so to be totally clear, what your saying is that your comment will be applicable for RIM come 2012 and BBX then right? if we view BBOS in the same light as `old` winmo and BBX as WP7, so when BBX launches if theres any loss in share, we can go `BBX had no marketshare to lose`? na i didnt think so.

im really sorry you dont see it. to be very clear and plain for you, WP7 launched calendar Q3 2010, in Q3 2010 microsoft had 2.2million units shipped, now as WP7 launched, guess what! thats WP7 phones! how many microsoft phones shipped in Q3 2011?? 1.7million. (gartner Q3 2010/2011 figures)

but hey, keep banging that wp7 drum, but these same analysts that `bash rim` have no ggod news for nokia/wp7 either, such as this analyst:

With no breakthrough innovation, we believe Nokia's new phones are unlikely to get traction in a highly concentrated high-end," wrote Bernstein Research analyst Pierre Ferragu said in a research note. "Second, we don't believe Lumia phones are competitively priced. Third, we believe in economics of increasing returns for mobile ecosystems and judge rather unlikely that Windows can gain critical mass against Android and iOS. Fourth, we have seen evidences of lack of traction for the Windows operating system over the last 12 months and challenge the idea that the Nokia brand can make a meaningful difference today
    the part which i bolded for you backs up my claims and gartners shiiped figures.
    11-22-11 11:22 PM
    holy cow. let's not turn this into a multi quote showdown here folks. Just felt like voicing my opinion and frustration with all the BB hate out there.
    tkwolf and PTZ like this.
    11-22-11 11:32 PM
    Hey, don't even worry about the hate/haters, just enjoy your phone and the world of BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 11:47 PM
    Just continue to enjoy your Blackberry like the rest of us and simply step over(disregard) the BS.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    11-23-11 12:26 AM
    Why the hate?

Simple - because it's not an android or i-drone .
    It's not because of what it is, it's because of what it's not.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-23-11 at 12:53 AM.
    11-23-11 12:51 AM
    holy cow. let's not turn this into a multi quote showdown here folks. Just felt like voicing my opinion and frustration with all the BB hate out there.
    lol that's what economist excels at - he likes to do microsurgery on anything that is said, and it's always about sales figure and units shipped. That's why I like to ignore him. Except every once in a while his nit picking shows through when others quote him.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-23-11 at 12:58 AM.
    11-23-11 12:56 AM
    The new phones are great, I think the people are angry with the older models. They are also angry with the lack of apps, which in reality it isn't rims faultt hat people are not making apps for BB. But it is there fault for being 1yr behind the compitition.

11-23-11 03:33 AM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Just continue to enjoy your Blackberry like the rest of us and simply step over(disregard) the BS.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    +10000 Loving the Playbook and Bold 9900!! ...

11-23-11 04:23 AM
    Havent you heard?
    It is fashionable to bash RIM.
    11-23-11 06:58 AM
    It's because they are considered old, behind and out of touch. Hey that describes me
    11-23-11 07:10 AM
    WP7 never had much but Windows Mobile did:

Windows Mobile Accounts for 18% Market Share in US - Softpedia

I'd argue WP7 is as much a continuation of Windows Mobile as BBX will be of the traditional BlackBerry OS.
    11-23-11 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD