This is not a sinking ship. Think submarine, tactical submerge to run silent until they unleash fury in their Mark OS2 torpedos and RIMPire BB10 missiles on some unsuspecting smartaleck speedboats. Boom!
    01-10-12 11:13 PM
    You might want to get hold of a PC with Window on it, just to be safe if you BB devices brick or nuke it self
    01-11-12 12:56 AM
    I forgot to mention that we also have a HP notebook running windows 7. We do not discriminate against any operating system lol. Knock on wood, we have had no problems with any of our devices.
    01-11-12 01:29 AM
    I like this story. Since BlackBerry's troubles, I got my 32GB PlayBook, the OEM neoprene sleeve and the leather journal case and the charging pod for it, the Bold 9900, a black hardshell and clear softshell case for it, an OEM car charger, and a Torch 9810! Waiting to buy the hardshell case for it whenever RIM emails me, but am using an Otterbox Commuter for it until then.

My sister is thinking about going iPhone from her 9780, but today she saw the white 9900 on a youtube video I showed her and now can't wait to have one, but might just get the 9900 in black. My mom wanted an iPad and has played with my PlayBook a little. Her big thing is that she wants to be able to use a Kindle app and also portability... so when February comes, she'll have no reason to not get a PlayBook over the iPad!
    01-11-12 01:49 AM
    Man the lifeboats! Sounds like the Titanic to me!
    01-11-12 02:17 AM
    I really don't get all of this love for the iPhone, it really isn't all that great or anything. And the phone looks pretty much the same since it came out, where is the innovation since 2007?
    I was thinking that today - sure it's gimmicky and all but as a phone I've heard it just isn't such a great phone -

I was thinking that as I switched my trusty BB Bold 9700 to speaker in the middle of a conversation and asked can you hear me? "yes loud and clear" Can you tell I have you on speaker?" "Sounds the same"
    01-11-12 02:22 AM
    I could get up to seven if my oldest son would come over to the dark side. He has an incredible 2 and hates it. Seems my entire family prefers a qwerty keyboard. And imho bb has the best.
    Before your family becomes blackberried, you should read the book "crackberry: true tales of blackberry use (and abuse)"

Just a friendly warning so your family does not get caught off guard by that blinking red LED.
    01-11-12 05:46 AM
    i own 4 devices myself, have had up to 7 in my possession at once
    I envy you therefore I hate you.
    01-11-12 06:02 AM
    Before your family becomes blackberried, you should read the book "crackberry: true tales of blackberry use (and abuse)"

Just a friendly warning so your family does not get caught off guard by that blinking red LED.
    Thanks for the warning but a red blinking light that may or may not occur does not put me off. I have changed out hard drives that have crashed and motherboards gone wrong and I'm just a girl (well old lady). So if a light starts ablinkin I will deal with it. I guess I've been around to long to be bothered by what ifs. But again thanks for the heads up.
    01-11-12 08:36 AM
    Thanks for the warning but a red blinking light that may or may not occur does not put me off. I have changed out hard drives that have crashed and motherboards gone wrong and I'm just a girl (well old lady). So if a light starts ablinkin I will deal with it. I guess I've been around to long to be bothered by what ifs. But again thanks for the heads up.
    OMG
    Yeah
    You should read the book. You will understand what the red blinking LED means....
    01-11-12 08:41 AM
    Now you have me curious I will have to read the book.
    01-11-12 09:00 AM
    Now you have me curious I will have to read the book.
    Blinking red LED victims in your family (from first to last)
    1. Your daughter
    2. Your son
    3. Yourself
    4. Your older son (if gets a berry)

(Evil laugh) hahahahahahaha
    01-11-12 09:27 AM
    The IPhone has become more than just a phone it is a fashion statement. People want to be seen using an Iphone, just look at all the cases for Iphones they all have a cut out that shows its an apple.
    A fashion statement ceases to be one when a good portion of the masses have it. There are a lot of reasons why people choose the iPhone. , my dad thought BlackBerry was a more prestigious device to be seen with, until he realized for his particular uses, BlackBerry is terrible (and therefore switched back). Lumping iPhone users who are more concerned about being seen with that phone is an over-generalization. Kinda like me saying all Android users are nerds, all BlackBerry users are corporate users who've been assigned one.
    01-11-12 09:38 AM
    Blinking red LED victims in your family (from first to last)
    1. Your daughter
    2. Your son
    3. Yourself
    4. Your older son (if gets a berry)

(Evil laugh) hahahahahahaha
    Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
    (showing my age with that one)
    01-11-12 11:17 AM
    I really don't get all of this love for the iPhone, it really isn't all that great or anything. And the phone looks pretty much the same since it came out, where is the innovation since 2007?
    And the Curves and Bolds look generally the same also. Where's the innovation since 2007?

The IPhone has become more than just a phone it is a fashion statement. People want to be seen using an Iphone, just look at all the cases for Iphones they all have a cut out that shows its an apple.
    Oh yeah. The reason I bought one is because I look so sexy carrying one at work while I'm wearing my scrubs. Had nothing to do with the fact that it was the device that worked for me after I considered the remaining Verizon BBs, the Androids and the iPhone. You busted me. I just wanted to look hot.
    01-11-12 12:35 PM
    And the Curves and Bolds look generally the same also. Where's the innovation since 2007?

Oh yeah. The reason I bought one is because I look so sexy carrying one at work while I'm wearing my scrubs. Had nothing to do with the fact that it was the device that worked for me after I considered the remaining Verizon BBs, the Androids and the iPhone. You busted me. I just wanted to look hot.
    While you are using the device because it works for you, others are buying it because everyone else is doing it. This is good for apple because the iphone 3GS/4/4S are excellent devices and because of that many of those people become fans of apple products. A lot of people bought blackberries from 2007-2009 because they were 'cool' and the top smartphone at that time. Some of those products were great (Bold 9000, Curve 83xx, etc.) and some weren't so great (Storm 95xx, Tour 9630). A lot of people bought some of RIM's mediocre products and those people are still spitting a lot of venom RIM's way.

I agree that a lot of people are criticizing apple products because they prefer RIM's way of handling things. Some people are very set in their ways and don't like change/anything that is different. However, there is nothing wrong with that - use what works for you.

My phone really is a toy to a certain extent (xperia play) that is a very solid phone as well (way better than my storm2). That being said it does an excellent job with my work email exchange account, has better battery life than my storm2, and allows me to be very productive (I have autocad viewed/editor, office pro, photo editing software, etc.). Yes, my xperia play allows me to be productive - plus I can play all of favorite childhood games on it with the controller.

I just wish some of the people that post on here realize that some people don't need hardware keyboards and BIS to be productive. However I like RIM a lot and love the playbooks and am very interested in BB10 phones.

I loved my old curve but have no interest in phones with tiny screens any more. If I am paying for my own smartphone plan as a consumer I want my money's worth.
    01-11-12 01:30 PM
    While you are using the device because it works for you, others are buying it because everyone else is doing it. This is good for apple because the iphone 3GS/4/4S are excellent devices and because of that many of those people become fans of apple products. A lot of people bought blackberries from 2007-2009 because they were 'cool' and the top smartphone at that time. Some of those products were great (Bold 9000, Curve 83xx, etc.) and some weren't so great (Storm 95xx, Tour 9630). A lot of people bought some of RIM's mediocre products and those people are still spitting a lot of venom RIM's way.

I agree that a lot of people are criticizing apple products because they prefer RIM's way of handling things. Some people are very set in their ways and don't like change/anything that is different. However, there is nothing wrong with that - use what works for you.

My phone really is a toy to a certain extent (xperia play) that is a very solid phone as well (way better than my storm2). That being said it does an excellent job with my work email exchange account, has better battery life than my storm2, and allows me to be very productive (I have autocad viewed/editor, office pro, photo editing software, etc.). Yes, my xperia play allows me to be productive - plus I can play all of favorite childhood games on it with the controller.

I just wish some of the people that post on here realize that some people don't need hardware keyboards and BIS to be productive. However I like RIM a lot and love the playbooks and am very interested in BB10 phones.

I loved my old curve but have no interest in phones with tiny screens any more. If I am paying for my own smartphone plan as a consumer I want my money's worth.
    Holy mackerel, can't we all just get along? Anybody can own any product that suits them, and yes people do gravitate to the latest and greatest. I own and use apple, microsoft, android and now rimm devices. Each has their own purpose. At this point my playbook and 8530 with the tiny screen are my favorites. Live and let live or to each his own, pick whatever cliche you like.
    01-11-12 02:45 PM
    Can I have your Inc 2? I love my 9930 and wouldn't think of carrying anything else, but I do love rooting and hacking on Android. My wife is getting sick of me changing everything on her Droid Inc (original) every couple of weeks when I'm trying new roms.

And just for the record, in my house we have 2 Apple products, 1 Android phone, 1 BB, 1 HP Touchpad (running Cyanogenmod 7 Android), and 3 Lenovo (formerly IBM) ThinkPads. I guess we are platform-agnostic....
    01-11-12 03:43 PM
    Can I have your Inc 2? I love my 9930 and wouldn't think of carrying anything else, but I do love rooting and hacking on Android. My wife is getting sick of me changing everything on her Droid Inc (original) every couple of weeks when I'm trying new roms.

And just for the record, in my house we have 2 Apple products, 1 Android phone, 1 BB, 1 HP Touchpad (running Cyanogenmod 7 Android), and 3 Lenovo (formerly IBM) ThinkPads. I guess we are platform-agnostic....
    Platform-agnostic too funny!
    01-11-12 03:51 PM
    Sooooo, I can't have your Inc 2?
    01-11-12 03:53 PM
    Lol I would give it to you gladly except I believe my oldest son is giving it to his off again on again gf.
    01-11-12 05:00 PM
    A fashion statement ceases to be one when a good portion of the masses have it. There are a lot of reasons why people choose the iPhone. , my dad thought BlackBerry was a more prestigious device to be seen with, until he realized for his particular uses, BlackBerry is terrible (and therefore switched back). Lumping iPhone users who are more concerned about being seen with that phone is an over-generalization. Kinda like me saying all Android users are nerds, all BlackBerry users are corporate users who've been assigned one.
    I am not saying that the Iphone is not amazing, because I believe it truly is. But it is also a fashion statement for many. It is much more fashionable then pulling out a keyboard Blackberry that still has the same design as 2005. BB are just not visually appealing and it truly hurts them in the long run.
    01-11-12 05:32 PM
    i can't enough of this girl from the ad. she should do one for the 9810 and 9900.

01-11-12 08:20 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD