I know this may sound absurd but I am in need of some assistance.

I wanted to listen to music on my Z10 through the headset as I couldn't sleep and didn't want to disturb the wife. First, I had to wiggle the audio jack in order to get music to the headphones. Then when I finally got sound it was only coming out of one earbud, after which I unplugged the audio jack from the phone. I plugged it back it and both earbuds worked but there was no where to adjust the volume. I tried using the side volume buttons but that didn't work. When I turned the music off there was a lot of distortion (no not Social lol) and clicking through the headset. Is there a setting somewhere for when using the headphones? Could this be a defect? I used another set (Apple's) and the same result.

Model: Z10
    Version: STL100-3

Thanks.
    04-22-13 09:22 AM
    Was this the headset that came with the z10?
    If yes I had the same issue and in the end I threw them away and used my old headset from my curve.
    Basically some headphones don't want to know, try a different pair

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:03 AM
    Yes it is the stock headphones. I did try Apples' supposedly new and improved headphones (I cannot stand them) and the same thing.

What about the lack of volume settings? Am I missing something or is that a design flaw? If so, will it be corrected in the 10.1 update?
    04-22-13 10:27 AM
    I had the same issue (using torch headphones). I found that my case gets in the way of the audio jack and stops it from connecting all the way unless I jam it in (stretching the edge of the case out--poetic atmosphere). I find if I have made a tight connection I have no issues and can use the volume controlls with no problem.
    04-22-13 10:43 AM
    Yes it is the stock headphones. I did try Apples' supposedly new and improved headphones (I cannot stand them) and the same thing.

What about the lack of volume settings? Am I missing something or is that a design flaw? If so, will it be corrected in the 10.1 update?
    I couldn't get volume settings with stock headphones but they work fine with the old BlackBerry premium headphones

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 11:03 AM
    I had the same issue (using torch headphones). I found that my case gets in the way of the audio jack and stops it from connecting all the way unless I jam it in (stretching the edge of the case out--poetic atmosphere). I find if I have made a tight connection I have no issues and can use the volume controlls with no problem.
    I had the opposite with stock. If I put it all the way in it didn't work, I had to ease it out slightly.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 11:04 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions but let me get this straight......BlackBerry packaged a headset with the Z10 that does not work?
    04-22-13 02:12 PM
    VZW phones did not come with a headset.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:21 PM

This could be because there wasn't a constant connection between the headset and the phone so it was not allowing vol control. Not 100% positive but it could be the reason
    04-22-13 02:26 PM
    Maybe I just had a bad set of headphones that came with the box. I will buy another set and see what happens.

I have a White Z10, could there be something with the build quality as compared to the black one? Because if that is the case then I could just return the white and get a black one.
    04-22-13 02:47 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions but let me get this straight......BlackBerry packaged a headset with the Z10 that does not work?
    The headphones I got were really poor. Cheaply made. So I'm sure better headphones should work. As to why BlackBerry used them, I don't myself but I'd rather have had no headphones then the crap I got

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 03:19 PM
    The headphones that came in my box worked perfectly yet the other ones I had laying around wouldn't work with my z10.

I figured that the length might have been slightly different. Strange that so many people are having the opposite issue I had. Guess I got lucky lol

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 05:27 PM
    Hi there,

Tonight I plugged in my apple headphones that I've been using with the Z10 ever since I got it, and it seems to no longer work.

The headphones itself are fine and working as I've tested it with my computer and iPod. I've tried plugging in different headphones and the phone still wouldn't recognise them (i.e. No option for headset on a phone call and no change from phone speakers to headphones when listening to music). I've restarted the phone and done a battery pull to no avail.

One thing that I really need with my phone is the ability to use headphones. I've only had this black Z10 for a month and I can't believe the headphone jack has stopped working.

If anyone has any solutions to this problem then please advise us.

I have the STL100-3 running on 10.0.10.88.

Is this really a hardware problem on BB's part....

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 09:35 PM
    Hi there,

Tonight I plugged in my apple headphones that I've been using with the Z10 ever since I got it, and it seems to no longer work.

The headphones itself are fine and working as I've tested it with my computer and iPod. I've tried plugging in different headphones and the phone still wouldn't recognise them (i.e. No option for headset on a phone call and no change from phone speakers to headphones when listening to music). I've restarted the phone and done a battery pull to no avail.

One thing that I really need with my phone is the ability to use headphones. I've only had this black Z10 for a month and I can't believe the headphone jack has stopped working.

If anyone has any solutions to this problem then please advise us.

I have the STL100-3 running on 10.0.10.88.

Is this really a hardware problem on BB's part....

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 06:03 PM
    Well I am having an issues right now with it. I have the z10 and I have bought three headphones sets and none work. I they are all the 3.5mm my phone is from Verizon any solutions?? Please help it is my life line while I am working at my desk
    04-28-13 06:07 PM
    One earbud working means one channel playing which means you don't have it pushed all the way in to the Jack. If you are using a case it could be stopping you from fully inserting the connector.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    04-28-13 06:09 PM
    Issues for me, too. Even with no media app or phone app pulled up, the AT&T / BlackBerry headset gives me a rythmic CLICKclick . . .CLICKclick. . .CLICKclick

I haven't experimented yet, but I'm gonna try a couple other sets.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 07:27 PM
    I bought a pair of cheap JVC headphones from London Drugs just to make sure it wasn't the Z10 and they seem to be working. I get sound out of both earbuds and able to control the volume.

The stock earphones were not manufactured properly as it seemed to be a very loose fit when plugged into the audio jack on the device.
    Last edited by blackhawksfan75; 04-29-13 at 12:11 PM.
    04-29-13 09:16 AM
    If you tried more then one set of headphones and the problem still persists, then return your phone for a replacement or repair.

P.S. Blackhawks suck!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 10:34 AM
    If you tried more then one set of headphones and the problem still persists, then return your phone for a replacement or repair.

P.S. Blackhawks suck!

This must be coming from a Leafs Fan.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 12:08 PM
    I have two sets of earbuds, BlackBerry premium headsets and BOSE, both work great. My White Z10 is from Verizon and its to my understanding that they have a year warranty on all their products so ifs its not working properly .....take it back
    04-29-13 12:24 PM