If BBRY cannot get the primary apps into it's ecosystem, then who is going to develop for a even smaller user base. Is BBRY going to develop themselves? In this day of "BYOD", why would anyone, small business, or corporation want to use a BBRY device? Sure the security is better, but others are are getting there, battery life on the Z30 is reported to be great - but at the sacrificing of speed by specing a dual core processor. At least they used a quad core for graphics.

As a prosumer and long time BBRY product user, I have seen nothing but over-promising and under-producing from BBRY. I like my Z10 and will go to the Z30 when my contract is up, as long as the Ubuntu Edge / Touch is not showing more promise.
    10-03-13 09:44 AM
    The prosumer will encompass both roles, produce apps for the device and consume the offerings.
    10-03-13 09:47 AM
    How would the Z30 benefit from quad-core CPU.

You tell me...

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10
    10-03-13 10:18 AM
    If the phone is to be the power for future computing power, ie spreadsheets, powerpoint presentations, download and upload speeds - albeit minor roles, ---- To be a future proof phone (at least two years) specs do count. BBRY has stated that the tablet has no future. This means the phone will provide processing power. I often am downloading large pdf's (25 - 50), processing power is enables the phone to work. The graphic quad core will help the display only.

This is at least how I understand it. I do understand I am not very knowledgeable about the totality of the subject.

I do know that my Verizon store has told me that in their service area of 50,000 people, I am only one of four BB10 phones they have sold.
    10-03-13 10:33 AM
    The problem with the prosumer is that presumably he or she has a personal life and spends half of their waking ours being a consumer - going to restaurants, banks, movies, traveling, socializing, etc. They are going to want the apps then.

Does the prosumer not get small to medium checks here and there that must be deposited at the bank or ATM? Wouldn't they benefit from saving that stop in their day? How about being able to view a Dropcam or use a Nest to control their heating/AC. Do they not like to Skype or videoconference via their smartphone using the most common protocols?
    10-03-13 10:58 AM
    I think that BBRY's needs to enable android apps to directly loaded and ran by BB10 - not side loaded as they are now. Even if 10.2 allows them to run better, the loading methodology needs to be a mainstream app. Then android developers could submit directly to Appworld without modifying their apps. The install app would make the changes and install directly on the phone.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-03-13 11:38 AM