So, different passwords will open up into different Apps or to a "limited mode" like WP8 kidscorner?? I like it!!

I have an idea not sure if it would be something best suited for a developer to make or something BB10 should incorporate but here I go. Quick unlocks to open apps, I noticed over the Christmas dinner(s) that I found myself showing a lot of friends and family photos from my phone. Most of the time when it came to show them the photos I had to wake my phone up then enter my password then go open my photos. So I was thinking be it pattern unlock or simply doing certain swipe gesture to unlock my phone it will unlock the app I have set for the patter unlock slash/gesture in this case being the photos. If security is a concern once the gesture/pattern unlock is done the regular password unlock screen can pop-up and after my password is entered it just opens the photo's right away.

I hope you understand what I'm getting at and if this is possible, I know it's not a huge task to just enter your password and just go where you want but i just removing that extra step and getting where you want faster will make BB10 that much better
    12-26-12 05:34 PM
    I like your rumors OP, but your cred is a little shaky.

I find it very hard to believe that any one associated with RIM would seriously be asking for suggestions on design modifications 35 days before announce date.

I think that you are wasting everybodies time with this thread.

Stick to rumors.
    jesse_h, austriker and Admorris like this.
    12-26-12 05:39 PM

I find it very hard to believe that any one associated with RIM would seriously be asking for suggestions on design modifications 35 days before announce date.

Stick to rumors.
    I can't agree more. OP, you need to give us some solid proof of your credibility because all you are right now is someone with a twitter account tweeting out rumours that may or may not be true.
    Admorris likes this.
    12-26-12 05:41 PM
    He/she is not with RIM, he/she never said they were. I see nothing wrong with flushing out ideas/comments though, I don't care about the OP's batting average. We know RIM reads Crackberry, so this banter can't hurt. More feedback is all good for ANY Corp.

Stick to rumors.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    12-26-12 05:47 PM
    He/she is not with RIM, he/she never said they were. I see nothing wrong with flushing out ideas/comments though, I don't care about the OP's batting average. We know RIM reads Crackberry, so this banter can't hurt. More feedback is all good for ANY Corp.
    +1 with one condition

I don't want to hear a bunch of people whine about "broken promises" if something isn't there that they thought would be there, that gets super annoying.
    12-26-12 05:51 PM
    Bbm7 allows copy of conversation and paste into email.
    The BBOS has been doing this way before OS7, what I was trying to say is that this needs to continue into BB10.

Sent from an Unkown Device using Tapatalk
    12-26-12 05:53 PM
    I agree 100% yet that does not negate that feedback is a good exercise. I mean think about it Crackberry I would suggest is the best focus group going in this market.

Focus group info/data is not something that is brought to market straight away but it sure can be used to tweak where/if possible and for endevours forward. I think some miss the point, take the OP out of the equation and what do you have, feedback. It's all good, at least in my opinion.
    +1 with one condition

I don't want to hear a bunch of people whine about "broken promises" if something isn't there that they thought would be there, that gets super annoying.
    12-26-12 06:03 PM
    Hey @BlackBerryScoop, check your forum Private Messages. Just sent you one.

Bottomline, RIM/BlackBerry are already on top of watching for the feedback and suggestions by our community - so your coming in and saying you'll relay them to RIM is pretty redundant to the process we have in place already. The community is always relaying ideas in our discussion and making suggestions in the forums, and RIM is always on top of the pulse of the CrackBerry community. Look no further than the recent change up on the BlackBerry 10 icons as an example of that.

Also, as mentioned by some other posters on this thread, your credibility needs to be vetted if you want to just come in here and speak with "authority" as you're doing. Loving your passion for the BlackBerry 10 launch -- we're all excited as heck -- and having community discussion around what we want to see is welcome too (this kind of banter is always awesome and I love reading it), but if you want to come in here with a strong "insider" voice at a level that's beyond that of our regular members asking for feedback that you're going to make sure RIM sees, then I need to vet you up.

Ok, back to brainstorming on thoughts for BlackBerry 10!
    12-26-12 06:07 PM

Stick to rumors.
    You are 100% correct, we have no idea who this guy is. How can a person who does not work at rim possibly know any of the stuff he tweets about?
    12-26-12 06:08 PM

Bottomline, RIM/BlackBerry are already on top of watching for the feedback and suggestions by our community - so your coming in and saying you'll relay them to RIM is pretty redundant to the process we have in place already. The community is always relaying ideas in our discussion and making suggestions in the forums, and RIM is always on top of the pulse of the CrackBerry community. Look no further than the recent change up on the BlackBerry 10 icons as an example of that.

Also, as mentioned by some other posters on this thread, your credibility needs to be vetted if you want to just come in here and speak with "authority" as you're doing. Loving your passion for the BlackBerry 10 launch -- we're all excited as heck -- and having community discussion around what we want to see is welcome too (this kind of banter is always awesome and I love reading it), but if you want to come in here with a strong "insider" voice at a level that's beyond that of our regular members asking for feedback that you're going to make sure RIM sees, then I need to vet you up.

You sure told him
    12-26-12 06:10 PM
    Yep exactly what Kevin summed up. Who knows, maybe this guy or girl is a Spy and is helping RIM get Everything right 35 days early.... Yes I know someone said "he/she does not work for RIM"...well It just seems that This person is trying to give us info as well as request for Suggestions.

But if this is all just a way to get Millions to follow his or her Twitter than that person sure is going to get a Lot of hate if all this is Not Legit FROM RIM themselves come January 30th.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    12-26-12 06:12 PM
    I would love to see the following:

- For the N series (physical keyboard) the frets should be LCD strips that provide word suggestions just like the software version of the keyboard. You can swipe on that part of the LCD fret to flick up the word.

- Swiping up and right reveals the HUB now but swiping up and left should cycle to the next open app (or next active frame)
    MaxR_A likes this.
    12-26-12 06:35 PM
    I hope there is some legitimacy to the claims..most of the info has been positive. I hope he passes Kevims test and still has his/her identify kept safe.
    12-26-12 06:54 PM
    Then again there was the poster that said he managed to root his playbook with recent OS version, and later completely disappeared. ...
    12-26-12 07:01 PM
    I hope there is some legitimacy to the claims..most of the info has been positive. I hope he passes Kevims test and still has his/her identify kept safe.
    Agreed, lots of good input as always from the CB group. However Kevin and his team and the entire CB community have been doing this for years. It is presumptious in the extreme to come in here and try to kidnap ownership of that input.

A previous poster suggested this may be an attempt to build a twitter following. Sounds about right.
    12-26-12 07:09 PM
    This is getting good. I'm looking forward to finding out how legit this all is. I DO follow bbscoop on twitter but have remained skeptical. We will all know soon enough thanks to Kevin.

Oh btw..I LOVE this community!

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    12-26-12 07:17 PM
    why hasn't he responded yet?
    12-26-12 07:22 PM
    Some of you guys need to think beyond bb10 launch.

Sugguestions on how to improve or want certain features could show up in an update.

One thing rim desperately needs to change is the mentality that they don't need to innovate for the future. Thats what got them into trouble in the first place.

Regardless who the op is, i'm betting someone from rim is reading our suggestions and would not be surprised if they use crackberry forums and it's members as a 'focus group'.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    12-26-12 07:24 PM
    Some of you guys need to think beyond bb10 launch.

Sugguestions on how to improve or want certain features could show up in an update.

One thing rim desperately needs to change is the mentality that they don't need to innovate for the future. Thats what got them into trouble in the first place.

Regardless who the op is, i'm betting someone from rim is reading our suggestions and would not be surprised if they use crackberry forums and it's members as a 'focus group'.
    You should read Kevin,s post about 6 posts above.
    12-26-12 07:28 PM
    Think I mentioned this in another thread but here it goes:

1 ) I would like the ability to drag one frame into another. Would be great to be able to drag the photo viewer frame into another app / email and it automatically adds / attaches the current picture to the app or email. Think drag and drop. Guess it would also be important to figure out a way to conveniently implement a drag and drop.

2) Guessing BB10 is DLNA capable so having a dedicated icon when in any app, video, photo or music app would be handy. Think airplay icon only it shows all the DNLA devices available. This would be super easy for displaying what's on the phone in any boardroom. Also very convenient and practical.

3) Not sure if this has already been covered or implemented but for future hardware there needs to be some thought put into external contacts for both the charging and communications (bb 9900 style?). We replace apple docking stations every day because the thin connector gets tugged on and stops working. This would also be handy for various accessories.

4) Get rid of the horrible blue arrow for editing or make it more accurate somehow. Takes me forever to type something meaningful on my playbook. I am a bold 9900 user so this may have something to do with it. Not used to touch screens.

Hope this helps.

Tim
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    12-26-12 07:33 PM
    See OP out of the equation and feedback can continue, feedback(brainstorming) is always a good thing.

12-26-12 07:43 PM
    Will we be able to customize the color of the notification LED? Different color for emails, BBM, specific contact, etc? (ala BerryBuzz) Or will BeBuzz be an app?
    The version of OS7.1 that i have has that built in, I'm sure they'll keep that in bb10. Great feature.
    12-26-12 08:07 PM
    You want to rule the instant messaging world?

Allow me to save chats! This is a feature that I absolutely miss having switched to the iPhone and it's actually caused me some issues with sponsorship to bring my family from abroad in the past. Anyone that has been in the position knows that you have to provide proof of relationship and the easiest and simplest thing is providing chat history. You can't do this on an iPhone, at all. Stupidest thing ever. I remember though, when I had a BlackBerry, I would email my chat history for the day to myself at the end of the day and I had all my logs stored.

I'm hoping this feature is there but for some reason, I'm skeptical that it is just because all the other platforms (Android, iOS) have ignored this little but extremely important feature.
    That's already a bb OS feature, i don't think they'll be removing it.
    12-26-12 08:09 PM
    You should read Kevin,s post about 6 posts above.
    Yeah haha not sure how i missed kevins post.

Must be the damn checker boarding of my playbook.
    12-26-12 08:12 PM
    I would like to see some integration with QNX car systems. Maybe an app that allows you to call your car, start it up, and set the temperature say ten minutes before you plan to leave the office. It could send a reminder every few minutes to remind you that the car is running.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    12-26-12 08:13 PM
212 ... 23456 ...