Have some kind of emulator window on the Playbook for future builds as far as apps and the such so that RIM will have access to more opinions as to what make a better UX.
    12-26-12 07:49 AM
    When using the browser on the Playbook there is a dot com button I think it would be productive if it toggled other options like dot net or dot org.
    Touch and hold the ".com" button on the PB to reveal the other available "." options.
    12-26-12 08:13 AM
    Biometric unlock we're already touching the screen
    BlackBerry Blade and any of the other fan rendering of BlackBerry phones
    12-26-12 08:18 AM
    Back to the OPs questions.

IMO the answer is options. Options to turn things off, on and adjust their sensitivities. These options should be app optional as well. For all of the Playbooks detractors, I only have one issue. Time and time again I overeach my interaction with a game or app and accidentally perform a swipe/gesture from the bezel. Stick Tennis is an example where this action even though it pauses the game makes it imposible to recover and I lose the point.

Options, options, options, peace out!
    Geeoff and austriker like this.
    12-26-12 08:19 AM
    Customers should be able to submit bug reports directly from the device, including screen shot and memory capture and be able to track progress of fixes, ie, change logs instead of people guessing what changed with a release.
    12-26-12 08:35 AM
    The way sliding up and then right takes you to the hub, sliding up and left could also be utilized for something good. Maybe the notification icons that appear on the left side could be target areas for their respective apps and if you drag your finger to that point and release that app opens. For example if you slide up and see a twitter bird in the notification area and you drag your finger to it and release, the twitter app can slide in from the right with the appropriate page open so that you can see what that notification is about.

I hope that makes sense
    12-26-12 08:54 AM
    Back to the OPs questions.

IMO the answer is options. Options to turn things off, on and adjust their sensitivities. These options should be app optional as well. For all of the Playbooks detractors, I only have one issue. Time and time again I overeach my interaction with a game or app and accidentally perform a swipe/gesture from the bezel. Stick Tennis is an example where this action even though it pauses the game makes it imposible to recover and I lose the point.

Options, options, options, peace out!
    RIM has made a Game API that allows you to disable swipe gestures while playing the game.
    Toodeurep and 11pts like this.
    12-26-12 08:56 AM
    I have an idea not sure if it would be something best suited for a developer to make or something BB10 should incorporate but here I go. Quick unlocks to open apps, I noticed over the Christmas dinner(s) that I found myself showing a lot of friends and family photos from my phone. Most of the time when it came to show them the photos I had to wake my phone up then enter my password then go open my photos. So I was thinking be it pattern unlock or simply doing certain swipe gesture to unlock my phone it will unlock the app I have set for the patter unlock slash/gesture in this case being the photos. If security is a concern once the gesture/pattern unlock is done the regular password unlock screen can pop-up and after my password is entered it just opens the photo's right away.

I hope you understand what I'm getting at and if this is possible, I know it's not a huge task to just enter your password and just go where you want but i just removing that extra step and getting where you want faster will make BB10 that much better
    One thing I'd like for security is the ability to have a real fingerprint reader. I use my print to sign into work so not sure why there hasn't been any product yet that can really read a print. All the print reader apps are just pretend as they just have a "secret" place on the screen to press so you can fool your friends. This feature would be great as it still lends itself to one handed use, easy and quick unlock, and truly secure. Also, no more worries about forgetting a password or pattern and risking a device swipe.
    12-26-12 08:56 AM
    Oh yeah! Theme support would be great!
    magutwit1 and EsJayDee like this.
    12-26-12 09:12 AM
    One thing I'd like for security is the ability to have a real fingerprint reader. I use my print to sign into work so not sure why there hasn't been any product yet that can really read a print. All the print reader apps are just pretend as they just have a "secret" place on the screen to press so you can fool your friends. This feature would be great as it still lends itself to one handed use, easy and quick unlock, and truly secure. Also, no more worries about forgetting a password or pattern and risking a device swipe.
    You might have forgotten, but my Motorola Atrix has a fingerprint scanner built in... But Apple bought the company that makes the fingerprint scanner for the Atrix. So don't expect any more Motorola phones (or any non-Apple phone infact) to come with a fingerprint scanner, since Apple now holds the patents for such technology.
    jakie55 and anon(4018671) like this.
    12-26-12 09:16 AM
    I'd like be able to notify callers via text that I'm in a meeting as per my calendar and what time is my next availability! Plus I want the call to appear in action items to call back.

This would make make my busy day manageable.
    jakie55, austriker and xiaohuaxing like this.
    12-26-12 09:19 AM
    You might have forgotten, but my Motorola Atrix has a fingerprint scanner built in... But Apple bought the company that makes the fingerprint scanner for the Atrix. So don't expect any more Motorola phones (or any non-Apple phone infact) to come with a fingerprint scanner, since Apple now holds the patents for such technology.
    The Atrix has a separate scanner as part of the hardware. What I meant was on screen so that you simply press your thumb, it reads it, and unlocks. The scanner tech, in the fashion used by the Atrix, may be owned by Apple, but on screen would be a new way and wouldn't fall under that patent.

EDIT - So I did a little more reading as opposed to just looking up the Atrix way and came across what they actually patented. It's interesting but not something that I feel they wouldn't license.
    12-26-12 09:27 AM
    I do not know if these have been mentioned.

1) Swipe from side bezels to switch between apps like the PlayBook.

2) I would like this one even more: a single app being able to run more instances of itself. For example I can have multiple word or PDF documents or multiple instances of the browser. Right now I use different apps to achieve the same end, but not optimal. I believe WebOS was the only platform that allowed this.
    BB10FTW and xiaohuaxing like this.
    12-26-12 09:27 AM
    I can not tell you more than I am allowed to, but all I can promise you is that your ideas will be passed on. But I understand your skepticism as the internet we have today requires a grain of salt.
    @sahil123 I think providing BB10 to the playbook will earlier will detract from the Jan 30th launch event's dazzle. Although, giving people the option to get the dev alpha bb10 build exact copy for the playbook knowing all the limitations may be an idea worth pursuing.
    Then why did you tweet that BB10 was coming to the Playbook a couple of weeks before the BB10 launch event?
    magutwit1 likes this.
    12-26-12 09:32 AM
    I do not know if these have been mentioned.

1) Swipe from side bezels to switch between apps like the PlayBook.

2) I would like this one even more: a single app being able to run more instances of itself. For example I can have multiple word or PDF documents or multiple instances of the browser. Right now I use different apps to achieve the same end, but not optimal. I believe WebOS was the only platform that allowed this.
    2) is achieveable but in a different way, such as apps invoking app `cards` rather than opening in seperate apps.
    for example i can have my browser open, viewing lets say my website, and also have the launchcodes app open wieving the CB website, both as seperate windwos as launch codes uses app cards to show a webpage. personally i just use tabs for that, but its helpful for devs of apps to show their own pages.

as for pdf etc, im not sure if that can be invoked, but that would sort that issue too.

Invocation is massively powerful when used right, i can have BBM open in a groups chat, minimize that, open the camera, take a photo, view then send to a BBM friend then, and the BBM app is still minimized on the BBM groups page. THAT is the power of invocation, which is what BB10 is all about with the natural flow between apps.
    BB10FTW and 00stryder like this.
    12-26-12 09:38 AM
    To BlackberryScoop

1. New app icons for browser, print2go, games, etc. Make them with a little more detail and just look more polished.
    2. Ability to set multiple alarms.
    3. Ability to switch on/off the predict-text directly from the keyboard without going into the settings.
    4. quick shortcut to the weather?
    5. Swipe up-right from open app to access the app grid (opposite of the swipe up-left to access the hub)
    6. Double tap on the asleep locked screen brings up the awake device lock screen
    7. Tap and hold on the asleep locked screen brings up awake lock screen.
    8. Push power button brings up lock screen.
    9. Triple tap anywhere on screen puts device to sleep. Double tap in one corner puts device to sleep (or similar shortcuts)
    10. ability to quick-sort icons by name
    11. ability to change the color and opacity of the grey box behind app icons.
    12. ability to quick-sort icons in the app grid by color, date downloaded, amount used, etc.
    13. nesting folders in app grid.
    14. That's all i can think of at the moment. I appreciate RIM taking time to listen to users.
    magutwit1 and TommyBB like this.
    12-26-12 09:44 AM
    Some of you know me as BlackBerry Leaks @blackberryscoop from Twitter.
    With a very small time left before hardware decisions are finalized for manufacturing, and a little under 35 days until BB10 launch. We would like to know your thoughts about all the leaks, images, and information you have heard about Blackberry 10 from all sources.

Also, we would like to know some of your ideas of ways we can make BB10 operating system better. Hardware ideas are awesome, but there is too little time to change much, but please do leave your suggestions for future devices.

In terms of BlackBerry 10, remember the idea you bring should accomplish at least 2 of the following things and for sure the last one:
    1) Improves functionality and makes the user more productive
    2) Places BlackBerry both the brand and the technology as greater than the competition by offering innovation
    3) Brings user interface elegance and animations, without comprising on professionalism
    4) Makes development better/easier/and more efficient for developers
    5) Is Realistic

Thank you, and we are also interested in your marketing ideas for BB10.
    Keep strong the loyalty, #BB10believe.
    L-series can be operated in 1 hand but what about N-series? I want to mention #blackberryphoto@eugenbaban from twitter, suggested that to add shortcut keys to peak, hub, and even other gestures.

and for the design, tbh, the phone has lots of room to improve. even the earliest concept looks much better than the current look. search "BBX Blackberry Smartphone Leaked" in youtube and you'll know which one i'm talking about. and there is some concept for N-series phone. Although the concept phone designs have DFM issue, but i'm sure RIM can use them as reference. the TK concept is the dream design of most of us and we'll be willing to let RIM to take our wallet for the design.

and we can think of the little features from SG3. they aren't important features and not many ppl mention but these little features will roll to a big drive to ppl to have impression that they're SMART and user-friendly. turning the phone upside down or cover the screen by hand when the phone rings will mute the phone rings; phone doesn't switch to portrait/landscape mode when laying on the bed.
    12-26-12 09:54 AM
    1. As @crackberrykevin has mentioned, a way to "Pin" active frames so that they stay in a designated space. (weather app always at top left).

2. My favorite thing about the track pad was the ease with which you can copy and paste. I hope something similar has been implemented on BB10.

3. Native ability to add email contact info into phone contacts. I know there are apps, but it would show how much better Blackberry is than others at built-in functionality.

I haven't used a Blackberry in a while and hope I'm not wasting time by suggesting things that already exist.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    12-26-12 09:55 AM
    BB10 has to have an amazing camera to at least as good as the S3. The other thing that I want answered is how are they implementing NewBay into the cloud. I really hope that they take advantage of Newbay and its functionality in the BlackBerry Cloud because I have been hearing they will be using box and dropbox. Another thing is make sure that TAT has everything looking crisp and with that wow factor. I recently had a relative get an ipad and I have to say they made sure every single native app looked amazing and changed what they needed to for the tablet like in the settings where it shows the list on one half of the screen and the settings that you chose on the other side. The main thing is though that some of these features need to be better than the competition so we can market them out to users of other platforms. Well I really hope you take what I have said in to consideration.
    BB10 Believe!!
    12-26-12 09:56 AM
    A way to type suffixes for words.

E.g. Examples of typing
    "Let's go swi"
    1) ("swimming" pops up in predictive text but you actually want to type "swim")
    2) ("swim" pops up in predictive text but you actually want to type "swimming" ) <--Can't use this prediction because you will get "Let's go swim " and you'll have to do backspace before typing swimming

Perhaps change the predictive test to be a bit more lenient that lets you continue typing the -ming (for swim-ming) and like wise with other -ing, -ed, -s, endings.
    BB10FTW likes this.
    12-26-12 10:11 AM
    .swf player so we don't have to use the browser and use up local storage
    gesture based navigation within the browser (like dolphin allows)
    swipe from the top needs brightness controller and screen orienation
    12-26-12 10:14 AM
    I want the N series successor to be more like the TK victory Phone concept or the concept made by John Anastasiadis. The straight N series keyboard as seen on leaked pics is not sexy in my opinion. We need a new design...
    austriker likes this.
    12-26-12 10:40 AM
    Have amazing photo capabilities from the quality of the images to the pre and post camera options. Also have amazing battery life. My 9900 has good battery life but I'm sure BB10 battery should be better.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    12-26-12 10:43 AM
    One of the most annoying things on the PlayBook is when you're on a website has lists of links that toggle on and off when your "mouse" hovers over certain areas. This never works on the PlayBook even when you try holding your finger on the area while your other hand tries to click on one of the links on the lists. Example: nhl.com, the links on the top is what I mean.

I hope this will be fixed on new BB10 devices!
    12-26-12 10:46 AM
    Obviously I don't know what already exists in BB10 so I'll throw out some ideas.

I think one of the reasons why Apple has such a success in the consumer market is selection of accessories. RIM needs RIM Branded accessories for the phones.

- Media Docks
    - Car Docks
    - Decent Headphones
    - Bluetooth or Docking keyboard (or both)

An inductive charger would be awesome! Place the phone on a charging mat and the phone charges automatically.

BB10:
    - Time Lapse feature on Camera
    - Motion Detect on Camera
    - Voice Notes Speech to Text
    - Speech Detect on Voice Notes
    - Ability to Organize Apps / Games in a meaningful ways (folders, nesting, etc)
    - Easy access to Recently used Apps / Files
    - If a third party app crashes, automatically restart it (even as an option)

Hardware:
    - Please make sure that the phone will charge from a low current USB port. Trickle charge should be enough to keep the phone operational.

That's all I got for now. Haven't really given it much thought other than last few minutes.
    12-26-12 11:09 AM
212 1234 ...