That just made my day!

Which cigar were you smoking? I don't drink, and stopped cigarettes the same year I picked up a Bold 9000 (Feb 2008 to be exact), but I know how to appreciate a fine hand made cigar!
    My pleasure .
    I believe it was a partag�s,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    JR A likes this.
    10-27-13 05:23 PM
    The 9000 was my first BlackBerry ever. Got one as a work unit, loved it so much I went out at lunch the same day and bought one off contract. I kind miss it.
    JR A likes this.
    10-27-13 05:42 PM
    The Bold 9000 was the best BB ever made IMO. I loved mine.

The best.
    JR A, SK122387 and Ben1232 like this.
    10-27-13 06:13 PM
    I liked the feel of my Bold 9780 I got back to using it for a couple of days. Lets just say I can live on that thing no problem, and the leather feel is great. All Blackberry phones feel great no matter what.
    JR A likes this.
    10-27-13 06:40 PM
    The Bold 9000 was the best BB ever made IMO. I loved mine.

The best.
    Dems fightin' words THIS holds the title as best...and don't make me tell you again
    I almost cried today...-bb_8100_mix2.jpg
    JR A likes this.
    10-27-13 06:47 PM
    Dems fightin' words THIS holds the title as best...and don't make me tell you again
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb_8100_mix2.jpg 
Views:	829 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	214906
    Haha I had a feeling you were going to post this.

Alright, the Bold 9000 is the best QWERTY BB ever, and the Pearl is the best SureType BB ever.
    JR A and amazinglygraceless like this.
    10-27-13 07:04 PM
    Haha I had a feeling you were going to post this.

Alright, the Bold 9000 is the best QWERTY BB ever, and the Pearl is the best SureType BB ever.
    Yeah, you had to know it was coming . I really do love that phone but I can roll with your distinction.
    JR A and avt123 like this.
    10-27-13 07:13 PM
    My pleasure .
    I believe it was a partag�s,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ahhh... Partagas... Partagas Black (specifically their Clasico robusto) is and will always be one of my "5-Go-To-Cigars" that I always keep stocked up.

The other four being:

Joya de Nicaragua Antano
    La Gloria Cubana
    Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur maduro
    5 Vegas Series A

Damn, now I want one...

The 9000 was my first BlackBerry ever. Got one as a work unit, loved it so much I went out at lunch the same day and bought one off contract. I kind miss it.
    Now THAT is a CrackBerry fiend.

Ahhh, memories...
    Last edited by JR A; 10-27-13 at 07:28 PM.
    10-27-13 07:18 PM
    I miss the 9780. I loved how compact it felt in the hand and in the pocket.
    JR A and KiLuMaNaTi like this.
    10-27-13 07:28 PM
    My gf bought a used phone to give to her aunt to use overseas. She brought it to me so I could unlock it for her.

Lo and behold... it was a PRISTINE condition Bold 9000. Yes, the grand daddy Bold with leather backing and all.

The thing looked like it had just come out of the box from 2008. This was a non-camera version, so you know it meant business. Just picking up the phone and holding that thing in the hand felt good, no *great*. The ergonomics and weight felt just right. There was a certain significance to it that when I held it, I had the same feeling you would have wearing a bespoke Savile Row suit - you feel like you can conquer the world...

The convenience keys, oh how I miss those, especially the one on the left with the three raised dots; such a responsive feel to it. The track ball was in mint working condition - it was so responsive, so precise, and clicking that track ball felt so fulfilling. On top of that, I popped in my microSD card, which has a convenient opening on the side of the phone and not under the cover, and watched some short clips. Man, I forgot what it was like to watch videos on that thing, but what REALLY blew me away was the AWESOME and LOUD sound quality the 9000 had! Such great quality for a phone of that time!

I scrolled through the set up screen and reminisced of how I felt owning a BBRY smartphone that came with wifi... how ground breaking that was in 2008!!!

And then the keyboard. Damn... that keyboard... The keys felt like heaven. I couldn't stop typing on it. For the first time in a LONNNGGG time, I remembered what it felt like to be a true CRACKBERRY user. I didn't want to let go of the thing. For something that is 5-6 years old, even my GF who never even used a BBRY prior to her work Z10, she couldn't stop fiddling with it.

I almost cried. I asked her how much she paid for it and she said $40. I almost fell outta my chair. She said the guy she bought it from had another 9000 in the same condition. I told her to tell that guy I'll give him $50 for it.

Soon after that I started searching the web for pre-paid/no-contract service plans that supported BIS. No, I don't *need* another phone, especially a BBOS 5 phone. But I wanted it, badly. I was making up reasons in my mind why I should have a Bold 9000 and justifying the price of a BIS plan just so I could use BBM. Hell, I even thought of using the 9000 to type of this CB post, but the phone didn't have a plan yet so I couldn't post from it. Lol...

Guys and Gals, THAT is the essence of CRACKBERRY. So much nostalgia was felt in that 30 minutes I had the phone in my possession. I can't wait til my GF brings home my own 9000; I'll be BBM'ing old school!

Anyone know of cheap BIS plans in the US/California?
    This phone was what made me fall in love with BlackBerry. For me it was my Bold 9900 that was hard to let go of. Loved that form factor.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    JR A likes this.
    10-27-13 10:29 PM
    Grand daddy hahaha! There should be a funny button here lol...
    JR A likes this.
    10-28-13 08:43 AM
    Grand daddy hahaha! There should be a funny button here lol...

No applause, just money.
    10-28-13 12:09 PM
    Cool op, it is always nice to change to a different BlackBerry for a day if we can.

I searched, found & bought a brand new 9000 as it's the classic of all BlackBerry devices & have wanted one for a while.

I really like it but after a while the damn thing bricked !

I have my own thread on it and the OEM accessories I bought for it too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-pics-755946/

I'm thinking of buying another 9000 but a cheap one then swapping all the parts over.

Posted via my CB Q10
    JR A likes this.
    10-28-13 12:31 PM
    The bold 9000 was my first and favorite bb.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    JR A likes this.
    10-28-13 01:53 PM
    You're lucky Arnold S. wasn't next to you. He would have punched you in the stomach and told you to stop being a little girl.
    10-28-13 07:49 PM
    Speaking of Qwerty I have a Z10 on TMO any suggestions on picking up a cheap Q10. Can I then just swap out sim card and go?

Waiting for 10.2 and going crazy.
    10-28-13 08:18 PM
    miss the stereo speakers from the 9000, I was so disappointed with the 9700.. and then with the 9900... and then with the Q10...

I still will never understand why they went with straight fret keys on the Q10, the curved keys is what MADE typing on a BB so good, with the sraight keys on the Q10 you might as well be typing on a touch screen
    To give it a bigger screen. I don't think the keyboard is that much different than the curved keyboard
    10-28-13 08:39 PM
    Speaking of Qwerty I have a Z10 on TMO any suggestions on picking up a cheap Q10. Can I then just swap out sim card and go?

Waiting for 10.2 and going crazy.
    As long as the Q10 hasn't been blacklisted by TMo you'll be able to just pop in your sim card and use it like normal.

You can verify the IMEI status here: http://checkesnfree.com/ (in the drop down menu for carrier, select "US IMEI Blacklist"

If you don't mind buying second hand phones, give craigslist.org or ebay a try.

I see TMobile branded Q10's in really good condition (most come with the original box and all accessories) for $300-$350 on ebay. Way better than TMo's pricing of $580 plus tax.
    10-28-13 08:50 PM
    Thanks for the tip.
    JR A likes this.
    11-07-13 12:02 AM
    My pleasure!
    11-07-13 02:19 AM
    my Z10 gets me through my work day... but when it's bedtime, I set it to charge, and quietly open the top drawer, pulls out my 9900..... and talk to it abit... true story....

from an australian Z10...
    11-07-13 02:25 AM
46 12