It's not a comeback yet, but it's a right move.
    01-04-12 11:48 AM
    I dont know who else noticed last night, on every news channel broadcasting the ball dropping, all the RIM advertisements!! as an avid blackberry user this makes me happy haha... RIM CEO's finally made a smart decision by advertising on NYE where the volume of viewers is greater than the superbowl... Pat on the back RIM .. keep it up.. now al, they habe to do is release OS 2.0 and BB10 phones asap and were set!!
    yes, I have noticed there are a lot of Bold 9900 commercials lately and I've noticed Bold phones on a lot of TV programs. Co-incidentally I've also noticed that quite a few mystery book writers incorporate characters using their BlackBerries. Whether or not this indicates RIM is making a comeback or not - well it could be and if it is, it makes me happy too as I love my BlackBerry and want the company to continue.
    01-04-12 05:40 PM
    They will make a true comeback when they stop trying to be Apple, yes, I realize the Playbook was an attempt at being competitve. However, once they start putting more time into their OS is when they have a chance to be back on top. OS 7 is a step in the right direction, they just need to continue with that effort.
    01-05-12 04:38 PM
    If by comeback you mean "declining sales and revenue".

Revenue for the third quarter of fiscal 2012 was $5.2 billion, up 24% from $4.2 billion in the previous quarter
    and down 6% from $5.5 billion in the same quarter of last year. The revenue breakdown for the quarter was
    approximately 79% for hardware, 19% for service and 2% for software and other revenue. During the quarter,
    RIM shipped approximately 14.1 million BlackBerry smartphones
    Q4 Outlook
    Revenue for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 ending March 3, 2012 is expected to be in the range of $4.6-$4.9
    billion. Gross margin percentage for the fourth quarter is expected to be approximately 38%. BlackBerry
    smartphone shipments are expected to be between 11 million and 12 million units.
    There won't be new releases to reverse the trend for an additional two to three quarters.
    Last edited by BBBrooklynFAN; 01-05-12 at 05:13 PM.
    01-05-12 05:07 PM
    If by comeback you mean "declining sales and revenue".

There won't be new releases to reverse the trend for an additional two to three quarters.
    And you're here to educate all us ignorant and delusional BB users because ... ?
    01-05-12 06:29 PM
    I dont know who else noticed last night, on every news channel broadcasting the ball dropping, all the RIM advertisements!! as an avid blackberry user this makes me happy haha... RIM CEO's finally made a smart decision by advertising on NYE where the volume of viewers is greater than the superbowl... Pat on the back RIM .. keep it up.. now al, they habe to do is release OS 2.0 and BB10 phones asap and were set!!
    This is just an attempt to push sales, as sales of os7 devices have plummeted (the need to clear rotting inventory). remember that os10 devices won't be due until late this year. i would be shocked if sales level reach close to the levels of last summer/fall

i expect 2012 to be another dismal year. the dual-core ceo's need to be ousted from the dual-core chair position.

in the meantime we need more ads like this

Last edited by soo007; 01-05-12 at 06:32 PM.
    01-05-12 06:29 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD