I just got my new curve today and I already have a huge scratch on the screen, is there anything that I can do???
    06-11-08 06:27 PM
    Buy a replacement screen if it bothers you a lot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-08 06:29 PM
    Depending on the size you can try this

If it is really deep you can buy a new housing here

And in the future you may want to consider this
    06-11-08 06:31 PM
    Did you say that keep freezing up or was it that sometime the other party cannot hear you? Sounds like you got a defective phone. :-)

06-11-08 06:33 PM
    Did you say that keep freezing up or was it that sometime the other party cannot hear you? Sounds like you got a defective phone. :-)

she said she has a scratch
    buy a nice case
    06-11-08 07:03 PM
    she said she has a scratch
    buy a nice case
    *watches as it flies right over kickinitlive247's head...*

06-11-08 07:07 PM
    yeah as soon as i clicked "post reply" i realized it
    oh well, its been a rough day for me
    06-11-08 07:25 PM
    I don't think a return is a viable option since it's got a huge scratch in it. It would be too obvious.

06-11-08 08:28 PM
    Oh I get it now.
    kickinitlive247, you're not the only slow one.
    06-11-08 08:38 PM
    they will take it back if there is a substantial problem with the phone
    they took mine back today with many scratches, no problem
    06-11-08 08:38 PM
    Oh I get it now.
    kickinitlive247, you're not the only slow one.
    OK.....I'm real slow!!! I don't get it. Help me out with this one, please!! I feel like a dumb a$$.
    06-11-08 08:43 PM
    Depending on the size you can try this

If it is really deep you can buy a new housing here

And in the future you may want to consider this
    Size - AppleSauce - bought it for my iPod and after buffing my @zz off, it still looked like crap when I was done.

Housing - Nationwide Network Cellular is based in Hong Kong. Takes approx 2 weeks to receive order; unless you pay more for speedy delivery- I wasnt in a hurry.

Future - I didnt buy any skins; cant comment there. But I do have 2 fabulous cases coming from Fortte. Custom orders take 2-3 weeks.
    06-11-08 08:45 PM
    Size - AppleSauce - bought it for my iPod and after buffing my @zz off, it still looked like crap when I was done.

Housing - Nationwide Network Cellular is based in Hong Kong. Takes approx 2 weeks to receive order; unless you pay more for speedy delivery- I wasnt in a hurry.

Future - I didnt buy any skins; cant comment there. But I do have 2 fabulous cases coming from Fortte. Custom orders take 2-3 weeks.
    Used AppleSauce on my Pearl and Sansa E260 with great results

Two weeks is not that bad if, one is not in a hurry. It's just one idea.

I have a BSE on both my Pearl and Curve. They work as promised.
    06-11-08 09:08 PM
    Used AppleSauce on my Pearl and Sansa E260 with great results

Two weeks is not that bad if, one is not in a hurry. It's just one idea.

I have a BSE on both my Pearl and Curve. They work as promised.
    AG, when you used the sauce, where your scratches minor? By any chance did you tale before and after pics?

By the time I rec'd the stuff I ordered, my Pearl had been replaced. Had I known that would happen, I could have saved myself $30. The plus side to that- in the event I need this stuff, I already have it; dont have to look far.

I never used the BSE, but I did try Invisible Shield for my 6700 and iPod; it gave both a nice look initially, then eventually just looked dull.
    06-11-08 10:38 PM
    Dont look at it, pretend its not there.
    06-11-08 10:45 PM
    I don't think a return is a viable option since it's got a huge scratch in it. It would be too obvious.

Nothing beats a failure but a trial.
    06-12-08 01:25 AM
    If its within the exchange policy for the place it was purchased from just exchange the phone. Its rare but sometimes screens can get damaged as a result of handling prior to its arrival to you and even the place of purchase. I had to exchange a Palm T5 a few years back that arrived to me with a marred screen. It looked like someone took sand paper to several spots about half the size of a dime. Just be sure to obtain screen protection in the mean time to put on as soon as you have the new one so that nothing happens to it. One exchange for a scratched screen won't look suspicious if the scratch was an accident, but attempting an exchange for one again will not likely go well.

06-12-08 01:30 AM
    AG, when you used the sauce, where your scratches minor? By any chance did you tale before and after pics?

On the Pearl yes, but as anyone whoever own an E260 can tell you just unpacking it causes scratches. After about a week it looked like h3ll. The sauce worked great on both. No pics, the thought never occurred to me.

I never used the BSE, but I did try Invisible Shield for my 6700 and iPod; it gave both a nice look initially, then eventually just looked dull.
    I think the IS and BSE are essentially the same material. After months of use on my Pearl, Curve and E260, they still look and function great.
    06-12-08 05:50 AM
    Either:

1) Get a replacement screen (next time get a proctector)
    2) Get insurance (which is always recommended) and "accidentally" drop it to get brand new replacement (which is sometimes recommended LOL).
    06-12-08 09:07 AM
    Either:

1) Get a replacement screen (next time get a proctector)
    2) Get insurance (which is always recommended) and "accidentally" drop it to get brand new replacement (which is sometimes recommended LOL).
    replacing the Screen will VOID the Warranty
    06-12-08 09:12 AM
    Applesauce? Can somebody explain?
    06-12-08 09:13 AM
    Applesauce? Can somebody explain?
    Applesauce Polish Restores the Original Finish to Your iPod
    06-12-08 09:24 AM
    hey. does any one know how to replace the screen. i know what part to buy but i dont know how to replace it....
    06-12-08 09:30 AM
    hey. does any one know how to replace the screen. i know what part to buy but i dont know how to replace it....
    YouTube - Blackberry Pearl 8100 Screen Replacement & Dissection
    06-12-08 09:33 AM
    thanks! i will go check it out now!
    06-12-08 09:44 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD