I was traveling down the highway on my motorcycle. My Pearl fell out of my pocket. I had an OtterBox on it, so chances are it survived the fall. Stupid me though, I went straight to AT&T and they issued me a new SIM for my old phone. Is there any way that I can make my Pearl make noises so I can walk down the highway and see if I can hear it???
    07-01-08 05:02 PM
    If they deactivated your old SIM, which it sounds like they did... then no.

There would be no way to call the device with a deactivated SIM. And why did they give you a new SIM?
    07-01-08 05:04 PM
    That's not possible. SIM card was deactivated? It's a rap. Sorry for your loss.
    07-01-08 05:06 PM
    they gave me a new SIM because I still have an old phone of mine that I can use. It needed a SIM card though.

This blows....$150 BB pearl, $50 otterbox cover, and $50 8gig memory card.....all down the tubes. DAMNIT!
    07-01-08 05:06 PM
    No its not possible dude. You should have tried to find your phone first before going and getting a new sim card. Your just out of luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 05:08 PM
    Assume it survived the Otterbox padded fall. Chances are it wouldn't survive eyes, pulled over flat tires, coyotes, road work, the blazing sun, rain, lots of dust, animal pee, etc.
    07-01-08 05:10 PM
    One lonely Pearl, lost on highway. It would have bounced for yards, likely off the road.

With a bit of luck, the highways guys will find it, give it a quick charge to I'd it, and track you down. But, that might take a few years.

07-01-08 06:10 PM
    D@mn if I find it I will let you know. Really sorry for your lose.
    07-01-08 06:24 PM
    Ouch, that is rough! Likely some varment has a nice shiny berry to text their friends. Do you even know the rough area you lost it in? Maybe you could take a quick look for it.

07-01-08 06:30 PM
    Look at the positive side. You lost your pearl, not your fault really. Now you cant even get it back because your old SIM is blocked. You need a new BB. The Bold will be out soon. Spending whatever you're willing to spend on the Bold will be justified considering you just don't have a BB anymore and you desperately need one. Maybe coerce at&t into reducing the price for you a little....
    07-01-08 06:46 PM
    Assume it survived the Otterbox padded fall. Chances are it wouldn't survive eyes, pulled over flat tires, coyotes, road work, the blazing sun, rain, lots of dust, animal pee, etc.
    Animal pee, eh? Lmao

07-01-08 07:31 PM
    dont forget human pee hah
    07-01-08 07:33 PM
    I feel your pain. I have lost many a phone off the back of a truck/semi-trailer. A couple of times I managed to find them. Once I even managed to put it back together and get it to work. Sounds like you are out of luck here though.

(it could be worse. Once I lost my wedding ring when I left it sitting on the rear bumper of a service truck while I was de-greasing my hands. THAT was bad.)
    07-01-08 08:13 PM
    thats why i dont wear my wedding ring.
    07-01-08 08:17 PM
    Thanks, I looked at my finger and didn't see my ring what the heck did I do with mine.. had to run up to my bedroom and look on my bureau... ahh whew, but when did I take it off>>>>>>Brain dead I am !!
    07-01-08 08:25 PM
    Sorry for your lost* but I love this otterbox case thanks ...lol
    Sorry not a funny

07-01-08 09:19 PM
    This past Mardi Gras, I lost my HP camera when I put it on the little shelf in a Port-a-Let and forgot about it. (Alcohol was involved .) But, I went to get a new HP camera, and as my husband pointed out, I got twice as much camera for half of what the original cost me. So, you may be better off in the end with the Bold, like ADberry said.
    07-01-08 09:27 PM
    I feel your pain. I have lost many a phone off the back of a truck/semi-trailer. A couple of times I managed to find them. Once I even managed to put it back together and get it to work. Sounds like you are out of luck here though.

(it could be worse. Once I lost my wedding ring when I left it sitting on the rear bumper of a service truck while I was de-greasing my hands. THAT was bad.)
    i bet mama chastise you good.
    07-01-08 09:28 PM
    Well....I did go back out and walk the highway. I found it.....in numerous spots. The damn rubber part of the Otterbox looks like it flew off when the wind caught it. It's clean as a whistle. The plastic otterbox case is busted all to ****. The phone itself appears to have been run over. The battery still is good, and my 8gig memory card was still in it THANK GOD. No SIM card though. I wish there were a way to transfer all my contacts onto my new SIM card though. I tried and it didn't work.

What's the Bold? I'm interested....but I just signed a new contract less than 6 months ago and to get that phone would cost me an arm and a leg probably.
    07-01-08 10:32 PM
    sorry to hear about the phone

if you had synched your contacts with outlook or with yahoo, you wouldn't have to worry about that part at least
    07-01-08 10:40 PM
    sympathies

on the bright side with the new, super cool blackberry models about to be released i bet a lot of pearl users will be looking for someone to sell their pearls to, since many will want to upgrade... possibly ebay it?
    Last edited by tjk; 07-01-08 at 10:45 PM.
    07-01-08 10:43 PM
    sympathies

on the bright side with the new, super cool blackberry models about to be released i bet a lot of pearl users will be looking for someone to sell their pearls to, since many will want to upgrade... possibly ebay it?
    Or pust a post here on Crackberry Marketplace?! Lots of Pearl users upgraded to Curves in the past couple of months! You might find someone with a Pearl laying about that they are willing to part with!

Sorry to hear about your pearl, rolling down the highway. Such a sad demise! I was happy to see that you got your Memory card back!
    07-01-08 11:05 PM

What's the Bold? I'm interested....but I just signed a new contract less than 6 months ago and to get that phone would cost me an arm and a leg probably.
    Whats the Bold?! I like that....someone who doesnt know about the Bold. There's been too much hype anyway. Check out the millions of Bold threads on this forum dude, you'll get a good idea of what the Bold is.

Btw, sorry to hear about the latest update on your BB. **** happens.
    07-01-08 11:21 PM
    i bet mama chastise you good.
    I ended up driving up and down a 6 mile stretch of highway on a bicycle for the better part of a day looking for it...
    07-02-08 07:57 AM
    I researched the Bold last night....and it sounds like its DEFINITELY going to be out of my price range.
    I have a bid in on a Pearl on ebay....and I'll check around on here. I'd probably be better off getting an 8110 or 8120 instead of the 8100. Who knows. I just know that I need my BB back. The phone I have now blows and makes me realize what an ADDICT I was!
    07-02-08 08:30 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD