Nobody can seem to get the Hub right. No app, not in iOs, or Android seems to be able to duplicate the Hub -- they just don't integrate as smoothly or as completely. The loss of FB Messenger's integration in the Hub last week really brought that to light. And I've only come to the realization recently that the Hub is as important to me as the PKB.

Posted via CB10
    roleli likes this.
    03-25-16 12:03 PM
    Adapt or die.
    Carjackd and Jay Wright2 like this.
    03-25-16 12:11 PM
    Adapt or die.
    Indeed.

The BlackBerry Guy
    03-25-16 12:22 PM
    Adapt to what? The loss of a single source to quickly check my messages? I can receive over 100 messages a day at times -- why should I have to go to each individual app, text, and email account to retrieve them? Your suggestions assumes that iOs/Android have an advantage here, but they simply don't. Glib reply, but utterly useless.

Posted via CB10
    hplovecraft likes this.
    03-25-16 12:24 PM
    I find it ironic that the supposed best feature of BB10 is rendered pretty much useless without apps.

Kind of like the BB10 OS it's self.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-25-16 12:24 PM
    Hub isn't rendered useless without apps, but it means I'd have to do what you plebes do: open the app or program to see what's in it. Besides, I have a 3rd-party Facebook app, and it seems to be doing fine within Hub. It's just that I'd never move away from Hub to, say, Android unless they gave me a reasonable facsimile. You don't know what you're missing.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 12:29 PM
    Adapt to what? The loss of a single source to quickly check my messages? I can receive over 100 messages a day at times -- why should I have to go to each individual app, text, and email account to retrieve them? Your suggestions assumes that iOs/Android have an advantage here, but they simply don't. Glib reply, but utterly useless.

Posted via CB10
    I meant it as a joke but my point is that you'll have to accept it because there isn't any way past it. Didn't mean to offend you though and I understand that it's frustrating.
    techvisor likes this.
    03-25-16 12:43 PM
    Hub isn't rendered useless without apps, but it means I'd have to do what you plebes do: open the app or program to see what's in it. Besides, I have a 3rd-party Facebook app, and it seems to be doing fine within Hub. It's just that I'd never move away from Hub to, say, Android unless they gave me a reasonable facsimile. You don't know what you're missing.

Posted via CB10
    typical. just because you like bb hub does not give you the right to call people "plebes". liking something that other people find redundant does not elevate your status. you are just another person who likes their phone.
    cribble2k and techvisor like this.
    03-25-16 12:45 PM
    Plebes. lol. I like the hub and BB10 too. But guess what? MeeGo and Sailfish had notifications in one place before, I got upset when I had to leave that ecosystem.

Besides, if you haven't bought a Priv, then Blackberry doesn't care about you, you're an old customer.

So enjoy your burning ship, most have people have migrated out.

Posted via overheating lollipop Priv
    techvisor, Ronindan and cribble2k like this.
    03-25-16 12:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Really? Name calling?

Other OS's have notification hubs, etc. They do it a different way, it's not difficult. You may prefer the BB Hub and that's fine. Getting 100 messages a day is no big deal, and people on iOS, Android, and even WP somehow survive.
    techvisor, cribble2k and Ronindan like this.
    03-25-16 01:06 PM
    Adapt or die.
    Personally I find it stupid that we need to adapt to an inferior system.

Why BlackBerry? Because I can!
    roleli likes this.
    03-25-16 01:13 PM
    I thought "plebes" was a pretty harmless term, but I hereby take it back. Lol.

But I won't rescind my admiration for the Hub. If iOs/Android were advanced in that realm, and had a decent PKB, I'd drop my Q10 in a lake...once it died, of course.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    03-25-16 01:14 PM
    The Facebook Messenger by Nemory studios is working well with me.

If you want the hub integration, you need to get the Pro version.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 01:27 PM
    Personally I find it stupid that we need to adapt to an inferior system.

Why BlackBerry? Because I can!
    Sorry, that's life.
    03-25-16 01:52 PM
    I got the pro version of Face 10 and Messenger last week. I've had some problems -- not with integrating Messenger in Hub, but with posting news items, Web pages to Face 10. It's also got issues in a few other areas. It'll do, but it isn't at all unproblematic.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 01:52 PM
    I got the pro version of Face 10 and Messenger last week. I've had some problems -- not with integrating Messenger in Hub, but with posting news items, Web pages to Face 10. It's also got issues in a few other areas. It'll do, but it isn't at all unproblematic.

Posted via CB10
    And BlackBerry's version of Facebook wasn't haha?

Posted via CB10
    Oshasat likes this.
    03-25-16 06:08 PM
    Nobody can seem to get the Hub right. No app, not in iOs, or Android seems to be able to duplicate the Hub -- they just don't integrate as smoothly or as completely. The loss of FB Messenger's integration in the Hub last week really brought that to light. And I've only come to the realization recently that the Hub is as important to me as the PKB.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree with you. BlackBerry Hub is the heart of BlackBerry it is one of the greatest innovation and considered as great technology that iOS, Android and WP can not do. With BlackBerry it makes you more productive and efficient.

Posted via CB10
    Oshasat likes this.
    03-25-16 06:28 PM
    Hub is not something that was the original BB10 idea. Microsoft has tried something similar with WP7 with few hubs. And they failed.

You know why? Because of ads. No social service will let you chop off its product and deliver it into pieces because they miss out on ads. That's why Microsoft has shut down it's hubs, Facebook would not allow them to show fragmented posts from contacts. They want you to see the whole news feed with their paid feeds. Same reason Google doesn't allow MS to distribute YT app because it skips ads.

So no Hub will ever live on Android or iOS. Fragmentation is our future.

And for one I am glad that subpar FB messenger is gone from my Hub alongside the horrible FB app. Less FB consumption is not necessarily a bad thing.
    03-25-16 06:41 PM
    Hub is not something that was the original BB10 idea. Microsoft has tried something similar with WP7 with few hubs. And they failed.

You know why? Because of ads. No social service will let you chop off its product and deliver it into pieces because they miss out on ads. That's why Microsoft has shut down it's hubs, Facebook would not allow them to show fragmented posts from contacts. They want you to see the whole news feed with their paid feeds. Same reason Google doesn't allow MS to distribute YT app because it skips ads.

So no Hub will ever live on Android or iOS. Fragmentation is our future.

And for one I am glad that subpar FB messenger is gone from my Hub alongside the horrible FB app. Less FB consumption is not necessarily a bad thing.
    Well, at least that's an explanation. Look, I understand the desire to avoid most FB posts, although my feed is (almost) exclusively news and politics. Not only that, but I create FB groups for each of my classes every semester, and my (university) students actually *use* FB Messenger to contact me with important messages.

The demographic group I deal with has largely abandoned email -- I can send them an email, but they won't see it for a week; some will never bother. And I use FB Messenger to maintain contact with my students, so I really, really need those notifications.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-25-16 08:46 PM
    Well, at least that's an explanation. Look, I understand the desire to avoid most FB posts, although my feed is (almost) exclusively news and politics. Not only that, but I create FB groups for each of my classes every semester, and my (university) students actually *use* FB Messenger to contact me with important messages.

The demographic group I deal with has largely abandoned email -- I can send them an email, but they won't see it for a week; some will never bother. And I use FB Messenger to maintain contact with my students, so I really, really need those notifications.

Posted via CB10
    I don't use Facebook, I'm more of a Twitter user for news feeds, but you bring up a very good example of Facebook's ability to bring people together. As you said, the younger generation is not much into email. Facebook keeps them connected to things important to them, including their studies. No matter what some people say, it serves a purpose.
    03-26-16 06:56 AM
    [QUOTE=TgeekB;12340842]I don't use Facebook, I'm more of a Twitter user for news feeds, but you bring up a very good example of Facebook's ability to bring people together. As you said, the younger generation is not much into email. Facebook keeps them connected to things important to them, including their studies. No matter what some people say, it serves a purpose.[/QUOTE

Sure, it does!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 07:10 AM
    Other OS's have notification hubs, etc. They do it a different way, it's not difficult. You may prefer the BB Hub and that's fine. Getting 100 messages a day is no big deal, and people on iOS, Android, and even WP somehow survive.
    Yes, you can survive on Android, IOS and WP without the Hub. I have been an IOS and Android user for years, and have even used Lumia devices for a couple of years. And it's true, you can survive in those OS without the Hub.

But, one cannot deny the fact that the Hub generally reduces a step or two when it comes to messaging and emails. The Passport is my first and only BB10 phone and I have come to love the Hub and Blend. Can I survive without it? Sure I can. Can I still handle the all of the emails and messages than I receive and reply to on a daily basis? Sure why not, I survived for years. Will I be less efficient? Yes, the Hub (plus Blend) does bring my efficiency up a bit.

As the saying goes, ignorance is bliss. Had I not bought the Passport and thus tried the Hub, I would have been content with my Android and iPhones. But now that I tried it, I will surely miss it if and when I move back to Android.
    fanisk and TgeekB like this.
    03-26-16 09:11 AM