The one thing that single-handedly makes me stick to BlackBerry is the HUB in BB10. There is nothing out there quite like this and there never will be. It is possible in future looking at the bleak prospect of BlackBerry that they could potentially sell HUB's recipe to either android or Apple for an extremely hefty amount of money.
    It's a thought that has been in my mind lately, with a few of my friends having already used android and apple returned back to BlackBerry only for the HUB.
    Something to keep an eye on may be??

Blackberry Classic | Circa 2015
    gruv4u and mouye like this.
    03-18-16 02:36 PM
    No.... an all in one inbox isn't really a thing that BlackBerry has a patent on.

BlackBerry last year announced that THEY were going to bring the HUB and other BlackBerry "goodies" to Android and iOS... I think the PRIV might have caused them to delay that - more likely just cancel it.

But life without the HUB really isn't all that bad. Been on Android for two week.. I just use my pop up notification to ready and replay to new messages. If I need to go back I usually know to open Gmail or the built in Email app for my email accounts, or Facebook or Instagram for those.
    What I really miss is BLEND!
    03-18-16 02:46 PM
    Blend is under-rated. Love Blend too
    gruv4u likes this.
    03-18-16 02:52 PM
    The HUB, with the integrated, customizable flashing LED, is the combo that I love BlackBerry for.

BB, Still the One
    gruv4u likes this.
    03-18-16 04:24 PM
    You can get the Hub on just about any Android phone now.
    03-18-16 04:55 PM
    For me it's both Hub and Blend combo, I hope BlackBerry brings it to Android, because I'll eventually have to make the switch

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 08:10 PM
    I like the central inbox feature the Hub offers and I do miss blend, but on my iMac's I can receive calls, send text just like the blend features and it's all integrated into my iPhone and Mac OS just like blend, so it works pretty well for me.
    03-18-16 08:16 PM
    I have 9999+ emails in my hub at all times. The iPhone 6 email management system is awful. The Samsung s6 is better then the iPhone but nothing comes close the hub. My next phone will probably be the Priv for this reason.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 12:04 PM
    No.... an all in one inbox isn't really a thing that BlackBerry has a patent on.

BlackBerry last year announced that THEY were going to bring the HUB and other BlackBerry "goodies" to Android and iOS... I think the PRIV might have caused them to delay that - more likely just cancel it.

But life without the HUB really isn't all that bad. Been on Android for two week.. I just use my pop up notification to ready and replay to new messages. If I need to go back I usually know to open Gmail or the built in Email app for my email accounts, or Facebook or Instagram for those.
    What I really miss is BLEND!
    Push bullet or air droid is a close enough if not better than blend.

The only function I truely miss from BB10 is the outside/remote file access.
    I cant figure out the FTP thing.
    Air droid can kinda do it.
    03-19-16 12:14 PM
    Social media companies like Twitter and Facebook do not want to be part of a messaging hub because they make their revenue from ads and other activity that goes on when the user has their app open. Ultimately, the Hub has no future.

And what is the special recipe for the hub that can be so, anyway? It's not exactly programming wizardry.
    03-19-16 01:31 PM
    I have 9999+ emails in my hub at all times. The iPhone 6 email management system is awful. The Samsung s6 is better then the iPhone but nothing comes close the hub. My next phone will probably be the Priv for this reason.

Posted via CB10
    Geez, clean up your inbox.
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-19-16 02:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    You have an email problem then.
    03-19-16 02:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wonder what kinda hit on storage and performance syncing all the data on your accounts has.

But if it works for you...
    03-19-16 05:32 PM
    The one thing that single-handedly makes me stick to BlackBerry is the HUB in BB10. There is nothing out there quite like this and there never will be. It is possible in future looking at the bleak prospect of BlackBerry that they could potentially sell HUB's recipe to either android or Apple for an extremely hefty amount of money.
    It's a thought that has been in my mind lately, with a few of my friends having already used android and apple returned back to BlackBerry only for the HUB.
    Something to keep an eye on may be??

Blackberry Classic | Circa 2015
    How could they sell it if they have not replicated it for the PRIV.

The hub is not a show stopper for me.

The show stopper for me on iOS is the tiny browser font.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 01:26 AM