Still routers banned in US and Australia for fears of espionage...
    !Huawei profits up more than 30% in 2015 - BBC News
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-01-16 12:45 AM
    They've put out alot of good metal-bodied phone models in the last year in the budget premium tier and became the first Chinese company to sell more than 100M handsets in a year. Google put trust in them for the successful Nexus 6P launch and put an mass media advertising campaign behind it. I imagine this year they'll try and expand their brand in the NA market and supplant HTC in the process.
    04-01-16 02:38 AM
    They've put out alot of good metal-bodied phone models in the last year in the budget premium tier and became the first Chinese company to sell more than 100M handsets in a year. Google put trust in them for the successful Nexus 6P launch and put an mass media advertising campaign behind it. I imagine this year they'll try and expand their brand in the NA market and supplant HTC in the process.
    Read up on Nexus. HTC has already been awarded the next three Nexus mobile handsets.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    04-02-16 09:56 AM
    They've put out alot of good metal-bodied phone models in the last year in the budget premium tier and became the first Chinese company to sell more than 100M handsets in a year.
    I wonder if their break-even volume is 3M? Remember when it was said that they would be interested in buying BlackBerry but would be prohibited? At this point, BlackBerry's handset business would be inconsequential since it has dwindled so much it's not worth the effort of trying to buy. The regulators probably wouldn't even make a stink about it at this point.
    04-02-16 10:02 AM
    Read up on Nexus. HTC has already been awarded the next three Nexus mobile handsets.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    I mentioned Nexus only to illustrate that Google was confident in their manufacturing abilities in making a premium handset. Huawei wasn't tied to branding of the 6P so its not a loss in that sense. When the next version of the Mate8/P8 comes out look for all major carriers in the US to offer it.
    04-02-16 02:21 PM
    I love Huawei. Great products at a great price. I'll definitely be picking one up as my next device.

Posted via overheating lollipop Priv
    04-02-16 07:08 PM
    Huawei knows what's up... THEY GET marketing as well as the average user... CHEAP. Does Android stuff. Specs not fantastic, but average... Since the price tag is modest (again, CHEAP) not much is expected and so it sells... Spyware accusations and all... People don't care and happily trade security for affordability... It's that simple if you are seeking to only move product... That will do it... It's not rocket science, it's sociology at its' best...

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 07:21 PM
    that would be foolish
    04-03-16 10:15 AM
    I mentioned Nexus only to illustrate that Google was confident in their manufacturing abilities in making a premium handset. Huawei wasn't tied to branding of the 6P so its not a loss in that sense. When the next version of the Mate8/P8 comes out look for all major carriers in the US to offer it.
    Google picked them on the last Nexus build for ability but most importantly greater access to the China market. I am certain they make a good device as does Xiaomi (or however it is spelled) and One Plus. All are coming the Xiaomi M5 was well received at MWC with an 820 Snapdragon and it is priced half of a Samsung, LG or HTC. The next Moto (by Lenovo) will also likely be priced very competitive. Huawei is a smart company. Selling unlocked and outright is very wise. The carrier influence in people buying phones will continue to lessen.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    04-03-16 11:53 PM