The pride that BlackBerry phone holders have till now will be vanished away if this happens to be true

I don't want my BlackBerry to be another China phone

Posted from Q10 via CB10
    Think about Volvo when you have doubts. .
    Adam Kowalczyk1 likes this.
    11-21-16 05:32 AM
    Hope it's a true news. Anyway Huawei is a very good company. Maybe it can develop more good devices. But MUST bb10!

Posted via CB10 with passport SE.
    What news? That Huawei is opening an office close to other tech companies in Canada? Yes I think it is safe to assume that is true.

Some of the rest of the posts here don't even qualify as rumors, not even as bad rumors.
    11-21-16 04:53 PM
    The pride that BlackBerry phone holders have till now will be vanished away if this happens to be true

I don't want my BlackBerry to be another China phone

Posted from Q10 via CB10
    Right now would be good to get any OEM to want to build phones using the BlackBerry name in NA and Europe.
    11-21-16 04:56 PM
    Right now would be good to get any OEM to want to build phones using the BlackBerry name in NA and Europe.

Why would they want the name - it makes no sense - under their own name and names like 'honor' they actually are capable of selling phones.

They sold 61 million phones in the first half of this year. This is just another of those weird fantasies where major players need blackberry for something they do better themselves already.

You are absolutely correct to describe it as not even a good rumour.
    11-22-16 09:35 AM
    Why would they want the name - it makes no sense - under their own name and names like 'honor' they actually are capable of selling phones.

They sold 61 million phones in the first half of this year. This is just another of those weird fantasies where major players need blackberry for something they do better themselves already.

You are absolutely correct to describe it as not even a good rumour.
    I don't believe Huawei is interested in becoming a BlackBerry OEM. I am at a complete loss to understand why anyone thinks they would want to sell phones under the BlackBerry name.

I was speaking more in general. Any OEM would be good for BlackBerry. Right now its looking pretty bleak that BlackBerry will find any company willing to sign an OEM agreement for NA.
    11-22-16 11:52 AM
    Maybe one of the lower tier players like Blu?
    11-22-16 11:56 AM
    Maybe one of the lower tier players like Blu?
    That should go over well with the "muh security" crowd.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    11-22-16 12:02 PM
    I don't believe Huawei is interested in becoming a BlackBerry OEM. I am at a complete loss to understand why anyone thinks they would want to sell phones under the BlackBerry name.

I was speaking more in general. Any OEM would be good for BlackBerry. Right now its looking pretty bleak that BlackBerry will find any company willing to sign an OEM agreement for NA.
    What constitutes a NA deal exactly? They claim they are in talks with manufacturers in China and India. Given that most devices (NA or not) are made in China, why couldnt they be available in NA assuming a deal does happen.
    11-22-16 12:06 PM
    What constitutes a NA deal exactly? They claim they are in talks with manufacturers in China and India. Given that most devices (NA or not) are made in China, why couldnt they be available in NA assuming a deal does happen.
    A chinese OEM could license for both china and North America although NA is a tough market and thus a costly one to break into.
    11-22-16 01:34 PM
    A chinese OEM could license for both china and North America although NA is a tough market and thus a costly one to break into.
    Very true but for an OEM who has yet to break into it this could be an avenue to go. Anyways, time will tell either way. At this point everything in this thread is pure speculation (more then usual haha).
    11-22-16 01:57 PM
    To sell in the USA you have to pass through the GCC process. Plus as pointed out selling in NA is quite complex.
    11-22-16 05:04 PM
    To sell in the USA you have to pass through the GCC process. Plus as pointed out selling in NA is quite complex.
    The biggest barrier would be a SUPPORT infrastructure. If US consumers can't get support, they'll put you out of business (in the US, anyway) very quickly.
    11-22-16 07:44 PM
    Would be great, but Huawei product (now) are well built. And a very good alternative against Samsung, Sony, LG....

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 05:34 AM
    Would be great, but Huawei product (now) are well built. And a very good alternative against Samsung, Sony, LG....

Posted via CB10
    The hardware is great but their software is not built for the US (different version of Android). Not to mentioned that it was recently shown that Chinese oems have software to send messages and contacts back to China.
    11-26-16 10:27 PM
    The hardware is great but their software is not built for the US (different version of Android).
    That's not actually true - they have been selling in Western Europe and other places for a while and its google android - skinned but still google android.
    11-30-16 02:20 AM
    Blackberry should team up with Samsung! That would be awesome.
    I can see that happening. They could release a Samsung Galaxy s8 powered by BlackBerry in the coming year or perhaps something similar to the Note that would attract productivity/business users.

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    12-03-16 07:41 AM
    Think about Volvo when you have doubts. .
    Great analogy. Ford completely destroyed the Volvo brand but Zhejiang Geely Holding poured some money into them and Volvo was able to completely overhaul the platform, now building some of the most beautiful cars out on the road. A great partnership with a foreign company may just be the right medicine for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    ardakca likes this.
    12-03-16 07:52 AM
    Much like any Chinese business. They are all either owned, operated or in bed with government officials. Very unrefined and obvious corruption while that exact same thing in US is packaged in a nice little golden box with a bow on top.
    And Russia, don't forget Russia is quite crudely corrupt too.

Europe is as corrupt as hell but probably the most 'refined' of them all lol.
    12-03-16 10:25 AM
43 12