Well there is this talk about the two companies teaming up. Personally I think the design team of BlackBerry plus their software and the production team of Huawei and it's capital, two companies might have the perfect marriage. What do you guys think? Should we even think about a BB10 revival or only Android iteration and licensing?

Huawei opened shop in Waterloo recently and Chen might be the guy arranging this deal. You can have more info below.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/rep...service=mobile

https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...ur-roundup-43/
    11-16-16 06:53 AM
    I doubt BlackBerry will get anything out of Huawei poaching its (many) ex-employees.
    cgk likes this.
    11-16-16 07:30 AM
    I doubt BlackBerry will get anything out of Huawei poaching its (many) ex-employees.
    I think Huawei will be the side benefiting apart from BlackBerry getting paid for the software and naming rights.
    11-16-16 08:13 AM
    I think Huawei will be the side benefiting apart from BlackBerry getting paid for the software and naming rights.
    It's only BlackBerry Central spinning this into a relationship between the two companies. The Globe article (their pay wall can die in a fire) only brought up the hiring pool of ex-BlackBerry employees.

It's the usual mountain out of a molehill business for the BlackBerry fanbase.
    stlabrat likes this.
    11-16-16 11:54 AM
    I'm moving to Waterloo too. Gonna kick off my own licensing with BB.

PS: Rumors of BB and Huawei have been around for years. Everything from 'Huawei is buying BB' to 'Huawei is building BB devices' have been spun to death already. And the news isn't even new. This has been around since Jan. - http://www.itworldcanada.com/article...-office/101271 even the Globe and Mail article you linked to is from Jan. 2015.
    stlabrat and Jrox74 like this.
    11-16-16 12:25 PM
    Need a hardware designer?
    James Nieves likes this.
    11-16-16 12:26 PM
    Blackberry should team up with Samsung! That would be awesome.
    11-16-16 12:34 PM
    Blackberry should team up with Samsung! That would be awesome.
    Yeah, it would be an explosive move.
    Menage, FF22, gebco and 5 others like this.
    11-16-16 12:36 PM

PS: Rumors of BB and Huawei have been around for years. Everything from 'Huawei is buying BB' to 'Huawei is building BB devices' have been spun to death already. And the news isn't even new. This has been around since Jan. - http://www.itworldcanada.com/article...-office/101271 even the Globe and Mail article you linked to is from 2015.
    So the Huawei BlackBerry launches when? April?
    11-16-16 12:36 PM
    Hmmm... Blackberry Mate 10!!
    11-16-16 12:38 PM
    So the Huawei BlackBerry launches when? April?
    Haha! It launches when they release 5G. Obviously. That's what Huawei and BlackBerry are working on along with BB11 and the new Porsche Design / Huawei / BlackBerry.

Huawei and University of Waterloo Partner for World-class Research and Innovation
    rarsen likes this.
    11-16-16 12:40 PM
    Haha! It launches when they release 5G. Obviously. That's what Huawei and BlackBerry are working on along with BB11 and the new Porsche Design / Huawei / BlackBerry.

Huawei and University of Waterloo Partner for World-class Research and Innovation
    Oh I thought the 3 million was for dark hub development?
    11-16-16 01:22 PM
    Huawei would sell more in North America obviously. Do they need to? I don't know.
    11-16-16 01:51 PM
    Samsung just bought Harmon and will be moving a big way into the "smarts" of future cars. Maybe apple should partner up with BlackBerry for smartcar, seeing as how they are neighbors in waterloo. BlackBerry has a bright future in ford cars, so that could motivate apple to catch up...

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    11-16-16 02:13 PM
    Samsung just bought Harmon and will be moving a big way into the "smarts" of future cars. Maybe apple should partner up with BlackBerry for smartcar, seeing as how they are neighbors in waterloo. BlackBerry has a bright future in ford cars, so that could motivate apple to catch up...

Most big companies are 'neighbors' in Waterloo. It's why you can't take every single rumor to heart. Next thing you know Apple and Google would be working with BlackBerry on a dashboard for GM which allows Hootsuite to use OpenText and allow access to in car audio to improve Maluuba's speech system to grow so it works better with Thalmic Lab's products. lol. is working with BlackBerry because BlackBerry is in Waterloo. Waterloo has no shortage of tech companies to spin rumors out of it. https://www.waterlootechjobs.com/companies/
    11-16-16 03:12 PM
    Funny. I have this mental image of waterloo being a big field in the middle of nowhere, in a country filled with big empty fields. And the only thing in waterloo is a BlackBerry building, with an apple building next door and nothing else around.

Lol

Powdah likes this.
    11-16-16 03:26 PM
    Funny. I have this mental image of waterloo being a big field in the middle of nowhere, in a country filled with big empty fields. And the only thing in waterloo is a BlackBerry building, with an apple building next door and nothing else around.

Lol

"Nothing else around" is apt.
    11-16-16 03:43 PM

Lol

It was that way in the 1950s. Now there is a little less open fields

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 08:55 AM
    Hopefully the employees will.

And they'll be working for a much better company.
    11-17-16 12:19 PM

Lol

And a catering truck zipping between both.

If anyone can get 10.3.3 off the ground, Huawei can!
    11-17-16 03:42 PM
    I swear to god, hypervisor is my new favorite word! I will just throw it in every sentence that doesn't make sense whenever I'm talking to someone
    gebco, fanBBRY and eldricho like this.
    11-18-16 06:30 AM
    Isn't Huawei owned by the Chinese govt?

Posted via my Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-21-16 12:59 AM
    Hope it's a true news. Anyway Huawei is a very good company. Maybe it can develop more good devices. But MUST bb10!

Posted via CB10 with passport SE.
    11-21-16 01:16 AM
    Isn't Huawei owned by the Chinese govt?

Posted via my Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Much like any Chinese business. They are all either owned, operated or in bed with government officials. Very unrefined and obvious corruption while that exact same thing in US is packaged in a nice little golden box with a bow on top.
    11-21-16 04:22 AM
    The pride that BlackBerry phone holders have till now will be vanished away if this happens to be true

I don't want my BlackBerry to be another China phone

Posted from Q10 via CB10
    11-21-16 04:26 AM
43 12