i want everyone's opinion about the HTML viewer 3rd party apps. right now i'm in the trial of the empower HTML viewer and it works just fine for me, and i plan on next trying out the BBSmart email viewer to see the difference. honestly, is there a difference, besides $5? which do you fellow crackheads prefer?
    03-04-08 09:53 AM
    Both are very good. have heard there's more options on BBsmart, but Empower standard is fine for me.
    03-04-08 10:10 AM
    Empower standard works fine for me...
    03-04-08 10:35 AM
    I'm gonna wait for the OSv4.5 update - FREE HTML email...
    03-04-08 11:08 AM
    about fricken time! when is that supposed to happen? but then again, i have verizon and they are last to do anything. i want something in the meantime...
    03-04-08 11:13 AM
    I would (and did) spend the $10 for Empower std.
    03-04-08 11:18 AM
    Empower is now 30 bbsmart is 25

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-08 12:23 PM
    $10 isn't bad for the time-being...

A T-Mo UK rep said late April/early May to me for OSv4.5
    03-04-08 01:18 PM
    Empower is now 30 bbsmart is 25

30 is for Pro version, Standard is still 10
    03-04-08 01:29 PM
    Can someone really explain the difference between the Pro and Standard version in laymen's terms? I just downloaded my free PRO trial so I am very new to all this. I just have a hard time paying $30 to view HTML emails. It's not the money, it's more the principal.

FYI, I have an unlimited data usage plan so I don't care about caching alot, unless there is another option I'm missing. Plus the 8830's don't do wi-fi so that's not a perk either. My OS version is 4.2.2.176. Not sure how to get 4.3
    03-10-08 11:29 AM
    Can someone really explain the difference between the Pro and Standard version in laymen's terms? I just downloaded my free PRO trial so I am very new to all this. I just have a hard time paying $30 to view HTML emails. It's not the money, it's more the principal.
    The product page will show you the features the standard and the pro version has.. For the Pro, it's at:

Empower HTML Email Viewer PRO - Blackberry

The biggest thing for me in the PRO version is the removal of the delay of loading the message.

My question is this.. I am looking to get HTML viewing on my Pearl but I keep hearing HTML email is coming in a future OS. Is this soon? Confirmed or rumors? I don't want to plunk down $30 for something that's going to be obsolete soon.

Thoughts?
    03-11-08 10:11 AM
    Off topic but hoping since some of you use the program you'll know...
    Any way to remove "sent via empower html veiwer for blackberry" from the messages? Thanks.
    03-11-08 01:35 PM
    The product page will show you the features the standard and the pro version has.. For the Pro, it's at:

Empower HTML Email Viewer PRO - Blackberry

The biggest thing for me in the PRO version is the removal of the delay of loading the message.

My question is this.. I am looking to get HTML viewing on my Pearl but I keep hearing HTML email is coming in a future OS. Is this soon? Confirmed or rumors? I don't want to plunk down $30 for something that's going to be obsolete soon.

Thoughts?
    The html function is being delayed, soo ....

I used the BBSmart, they ( Empower and BBSmart) are basically the same just depend which one that u prefers.

actually I only tried the Standard, and BBSmart, so can't really tell u much about the Pro version
    03-11-08 09:59 PM
    Off topic but hoping since some of you use the program you'll know...
    Any way to remove "sent via empower html veiwer for blackberry" from the messages? Thanks.
    From message wndow, hit menu>>empower options>> Menu>> advanced options>> Scroll to "append signature", UNchecked = no signature.
    03-11-08 10:03 PM
    I like the BB Smart. It works great for me.
    03-11-08 10:08 PM
    Thanks Chaz!
    03-11-08 11:24 PM
    Will empower standard be compatible with new OS?
    03-17-08 09:00 AM
    The Empower Pro will not work with it. Well, mine doesn't work.
    03-29-08 01:00 PM
    ditto on BB smart

03-29-08 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD