What HTC have to the CB forum? I wonder where are the moderators? They are always ready to protect the forum from the loyal BlackBerry users, but not ready to clean the **** up?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 03:29 PM
    Yeah I'm not saying it's totally impossible. I just think that for BlackBerry, it's as close to impossible as u can get. Funny, but sad. Their brand is just so horribly damaged. I can see why they would want to go to a more software based model. There isn't much for them in the consumer market

Posted via CB10
    Very true.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 04:21 PM
    Once i bought an HTC phone and for 2 years i never had an single update. They want your money and that is it. So never again.
    I'm glad they go under.
    05-11-16 07:15 PM
    Once i bought an HTC phone and for 2 years i never had an single update. They want your money and that is it. So never again.
    I'm glad they go under.
    But wasn't this the general state of updates on Android prior to Google getting everyone to agree to two years of updates?

Did you try Cyanogenmod?
    05-11-16 07:23 PM
    Getting 2 years of update....i said i never had one update in 2 years i own the phone.
    05-11-16 07:53 PM
    But wasn't this the general state of updates on Android prior to Google getting everyone to agree to two years of updates?

Did you try Cyanogenmod?
    At that time i did not had the time to tweek it nor do i have time today
    05-11-16 07:55 PM
    to be fair, the Priv cut a lot of corners. people read reviews and want a phone with more than 2mp in the front camera. They want a gorilla glass rear lens protector, not plastic. they want it released with the current android release.

BlackBerry cut the wrong corners with the Priv. And the name was stupid.

We still haven't seen a truly competitive phone come from BlackBerry, so we don't really know how it will perform against the others.

Posted via CB10
    Spot on!. The camera is a deal breaker for many! In fact, Samsungs latest devices popularity is due to its superior camera.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    05-12-16 05:55 AM
    I'm glad they go under.
    How long ago was that, because I sold my friend my M8 2 years ago and she got the Marshmallow update a couple months ago...way before some flagship Samsung devices that were newer than an M8.

Part of HTC over the last few years has been a guarantee of update support for a two year window, so either you're talking about an extremely cheap model or you're talking about an old model, not a flagship.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    05-12-16 06:03 AM
    How long ago was that, because I sold my friend my M8 2 years ago and she got the Marshmallow update a couple months ago...way before some flagship Samsung devices that were newer than an M8.

Part of HTC over the last few years has been a guarantee of update support for a two year window, so either you're talking about an extremely cheap model or you're talking about an old model, not a flagship.
    That was like 6 to 8 years ago. I thought I had paid good money for it at the time. It was an HTC Desire
    05-12-16 08:11 AM
    It's not the case anymore. It hasn't been for a long time.
    05-12-16 08:38 AM
    Spot on!. The camera is a deal breaker for many! In fact, Samsungs latest devices popularity is due to its superior camera.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    You go look at the top apps.... many of them use the camera or are designed to edit photos for use in those other apps. A GREAT rear and front camera are what many today want. And maybe the MP don't matter as much... but low light level features, auto focus features, anything that can make "real world" photos come out better.

My Z10 could take great photos in bright sunlight and mounted on a tripod. But in the real world it was terrible. When me an my wife went anywhere, I always used her iPhone to take a photo. Had even stopped taking my DSLR...
    05-12-16 08:51 AM
    It's not the case anymore. It hasn't been for a long time.
    I'm not going to take a chance with them anymore.
    05-12-16 10:03 AM
    I'm not going to take a chance with them anymore.
    This is actually a good example of another reason BlackBerry is in trouble with mobile. One bad experience can really sour things for people and the company loses trust.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 12:48 PM
    Yep, same thing with BlackBerry. It would take a killer Phone for me to buy more. Since 2013 had Z 10 (sold it) then the z30 and passport all being paid full price. So far I can say never again. And I'm Canadian
    05-12-16 01:17 PM
    This is actually a good example of another reason BlackBerry is in trouble with mobile. One bad experience can really sour things for people and the company loses trust.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure there are many of us who feel betrayed. I'd like to see what other manufacturers are doing. Everyone is producing classier, more understated hardware than before. And BlackBerry is losing it (Passport SE, Schneider camera ring on Priv).

Plus, without BB10, I have no reason to remain loyal. Especially not to Chen's BlackBerry. And I own a few shares of BBRY to boot!

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 03:04 PM
    I'm sure there are many of us who feel betrayed. I'd like to see what other manufacturers are doing. Everyone is producing classier, more understated hardware than before. And BlackBerry is losing it (Passport SE, Schneider camera ring on Priv).

Plus, without BB10, I have no reason to remain loyal. Especially not to Chen's BlackBerry. And I own a few shares of BBRY to boot!

Posted via CB10
    If they are honest with themselves.. I think most here now feel betrayed to one degree or another -STORM, PlayBook, Z10 and BB10 in general. But many have forgiven and moved on to the the PRIV, or they await what's next.

You look at Kevin, he was BlackBerry's #1 Fan for years... but he knew that BB10 was a failure and he moved on. Doesn't mean that he doesn't still have a soft spot for BlackBerry. When they moved to Android (an OS with a future), he worked pretty hard for BlackBerry. Had the Android Central team focus on the PRIV even more than it deserved. In a way I think once a true BlackBerry Fan.. always a fan at heart. But it doesn't mean that you have to settle for what BlackBerry is pushing if it doesn't meet your needs and desires.
    05-12-16 03:13 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is not a failure (although quite big as a system, steep learning curve to it).it is the apps that are missing/failure
    05-12-16 04:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    What's wrong with the Passport SE, or do you mean the Passport in general? I personally love my OG Passport, but I know it didn't sell in huge volumes - then again nothing else did. Haven�t used the SE but a lot of people seemed to like the bigger chin and the keys are apparently a bit softer... Anyway just curious.

Yes, I definitely get the sense a lot of people are upset with BlackBerry going back to the PlayBook, through BB10 issues to switching over to Android. I personally think they've pulled some boneheaded moves, but can't say I'm angry with them per se. I think a lot of people see the potential in BlackBerry and get frustrated everytime they do something dumb, lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 04:37 PM
    The HTC 10 looks amazing

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-12-16 09:51 PM
    What's wrong with the Passport SE, or do you mean the Passport in general? I personally love my OG Passport, but I know it didn't sell in huge volumes - then again nothing else did. Haven�t used the SE but a lot of people seemed to like the bigger chin and the keys are apparently a bit softer... Anyway just curious.

Yes, I definitely get the sense a lot of people are upset with BlackBerry going back to the PlayBook, through BB10 issues to switching over to Android. I personally think they've pulled some boneheaded moves, but can't say I'm angry with them per se. I think a lot of people see the potential in BlackBerry and get frustrated everytime they do something dumb, lol.

Posted via CB10
    The OG Passport is a work of art. A true industrial design classic.

The SE Passport is cheesy. Designed to look like a Leica M3. Just take a look at the stupid camera jewelry on the SE and later the Priv.

...they both denote the f-stop, the megapixel count, and in the Priv's case, a licensed lensmaker's name around the camera lens. As if decorations will make these cameras magically perform better than the understated designs from Apple and Samsung. Consumers are too smart for this. BlackBerry tried to trick us with these designs--they thought we were stupid. Please go back to the Q10/Z30 module design.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    05-12-16 11:40 PM
    The OG Passport is a work of art. A true industrial design classic.

The SE Passport is cheesy. Designed to look like a Leica M3. Just take a look at the stupid camera jewelry on the SE and later the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough, ha. I have to say I love the OG Passport, it's truly a work of art, I totally agree.
    05-12-16 11:49 PM
46 12