You must have gotten some baaaad Androids. I have been using BB for work for about a decade, and been using Android for play since the Droid Incredible. The only device that ever had issues for me was the Thunderbolt, which I replaced and still works great. The HTC One is an amazing device.

I mean no offense here, but if BB had made devices near as decent as HTC has for Android, BBRY would be selling at over $100, not under $8.
    Lmao, BBRY stock would be at over $100 if they made phones that look like the M8? Riiight. Lol! You really have no clue why BB's stock tanked, and how poorly HTC is doing in the high end smartphone market. I agree that the HTC One is one of the best looking smartphones, but to most people there are more important aspects of a phone, like the brand name and/or specs.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 05:25 PM
    I don't think I've experienced app freezes or reboots since my SGS3. Heck even my Z10 experienced some crashes. The most notable were GPS tracking fitness apps. If I tried to run them in the background they'd crash. I'd have to keep my screen on constantly to get them to track, and when I'm hiking or biking that was a pain. I don't get that problem with the app I use on Android (it wasn't available for sideload when I had my Z10. My browser also crashed from time to time.

And as reeneebob showed, Android batteries have come a loooong way in just a couple years.

I've never understood those who say Android is cluttered or messy since it's so customizable.

The M8 is indeed a beautiful device. If I were to get one though I think getting used to the new version of Sense would take some getting used to.
    reeneebob likes this.
    04-16-14 06:42 PM
    Hmm...the experience on Android seems to vary a lot. My Fianc�e's GS4 reboots by itself and hangs a lot...even after reinstalling.

Oh well, she received the Kitkat update today so I guess we will see if that fixes anything.

I like the look of the M8 but i'm just not a huge fan of the layout of Android. I just like what I like and that's the way it is.

Blargh, Blargh! CB10 blargh.
    04-16-14 07:04 PM
    My coworker has the M7 and another is waiting for her M8 to arrive. Nice solid build and great looking device, until you get to the OS.

One of the biggest missteps that BBRY took with the Z10, IMO, was not going with dual speakers. Being a mini PlayBook was the perfect design, but they should have stuck with real stereo...
    04-16-14 07:46 PM
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/17/6ezu3epy.jpg

Um...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Yeah but turn off that mode. My coworker used his phone moderately without that mode turned on got less than seven hours.

Z30 and loving it!
    04-16-14 07:53 PM
    Yeah but turn off that mode. My coworker used his phone moderately without that mode turned on got less than seven hours.

Z30 and loving it!
    That mode doesn't turn on until 10%. And the only option selected in that mode is haptic off and cpu control so it's only using full processor when it's needed.

The stat still stands.

Edit

And I got it yesterday so it was more than moderate use, you'll see there were several hours long blocks of time after I got up this morning (and it wasn't plugged in overnight) that the screen was constantly on, at 50% brightness and no auto bright.

04-16-14 07:56 PM
    Give me a Bold 9900 over that crud anyday.
    04-16-14 08:02 PM
    Give me a Bold 9900 over that crud anyday.
    Had one of those too, for several frustrating months.

Nope.

04-16-14 08:03 PM
    You must have gotten some baaaad Androids. I have been using BB for work for about a decade, and been using Android for play since the Droid Incredible. The only device that ever had issues for me was the Thunderbolt, which I replaced and still works great. The HTC One is an amazing device.

I mean no offense here, but if BB had made devices near as decent as HTC has for Android, BBRY would be selling at over $100, not under $8.
    Cancel my like... BlackBerry could have the best and nobody would notice...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-16-14 08:04 PM
    BlackBerry isn't perfect either lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 08:07 PM
    That mode doesn't turn on until 10%. And the only option selected in that mode is haptic off and cpu control so it's only using full processor when it's needed.

The stat still stands.

Edit

And I got it yesterday so it was more than moderate use, you'll see there were several hours long blocks of time after I got up this morning (and it wasn't plugged in overnight) that the screen was constantly on, at 50% brightness and no auto bright.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/17/je8era7y.jpg

Then please explain you have 53% battery power left with 15 hours of use using the power saver mode turned on? My brother owns a Sony Z1 and this mode turns off background data so your restricted to only a handful if apps what if you wanted to use FB or twitter ect? Not trying to argue with you I just reported what my coworker reported to me. He received under 7 hours of battery power in a real world situation with power saving mode turned off. Given the benefit of a doubt perhaps my coworker received a faulty battery perhaps?

Z30 and loving it!
    04-16-14 08:20 PM
    Z30 >> Htc one M8

I have owned this phone for two days and I am certain I am bringing it back. Didn't trade in my Q10 though though
    Seriously, it looks nice and feels ok at rest in the hand, but it is smooth, slippery and awkward to hold.
    It's heavy, annoyingly so and while my hands are not small, nor very large, it is awkward.
    The keyboard is raised up too high on the screen due to the border plus the on-screen home buttons and the touch screen is fussy.

Granted new phones take time to get used to, but I don't do phone cases and this thing is just waiting to get a nice dent in it from the smallest bump. Aluminum looks great, but too weak. Pros: Speakers are amazing, camera isn't as bad as most have claimed though nothing to write home about.
    Seriously, this phone is eye candy that most will cover up in a big case. Never owned a z30 but that phone feels great in the hand.

Going back for the Iphone 5s most likely, though I may consider Galaxy s5. At least their build materials albeit cheap looking, hold up quite well. Z30 is also tempting.
    04-16-14 08:20 PM
    A very beautiful device. Saw a picture and felt similar phone envy.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 08:29 PM
    Z30 >> Htc one M8

I have owned this phone for two days and I am certain I am bringing it back. Didn't trade in my Q10 though though
    Seriously, it looks nice and feels ok at rest in the hand, but it is smooth, slippery and awkward to hold.
    It's heavy, annoyingly so and while my hands are not small, nor very large, it is awkward.
    The keyboard is raised up too high on the screen due to the border plus the on-screen home buttons and the touch screen is fussy.

Granted new phones take time to get used to, but I don't do phone cases and this thing is just waiting to get a nice dent in it from the smallest bump. Aluminum looks great, but too weak. Pros: Speakers are amazing, camera isn't as bad as most have claimed though nothing to write home about.
    Seriously, this phone is eye candy that most will cover up in a big case. Never owned a z30 but that phone feels great in the hand.

Going back for the Iphone 5s most likely, though I may consider Galaxy s5. At least their build materials albeit cheap looking, hold up quite well. Z30 is also tempting.
    Before you consider the S5, the ringer (back speaker) is hard to hear. I often miss phone calls even with the vibrate on and volume at full blast. I have S4 and the S5 has similar speakers. The Z30 and HTC M8 I bet I can hear from a few meters away. So if call alerts is important, take note of the S5's speaker deficiency. I am surprised Samsung has not improved on this which is my main beef with this phone. The slippery feel of the S4 is also an issue and I don't like cases. I handled that easily by getting a leather SlickWrap which is an awesome product.
    04-16-14 08:30 PM
    I don't think I've experienced app freezes or reboots since my SGS3. Heck even my Z10 experienced some crashes. The most notable were GPS tracking fitness apps. If I tried to run them in the background they'd crash. I'd have to keep my screen on constantly to get them to track, and when I'm hiking or biking that was a pain. I don't get that problem with the app I use on Android (it wasn't available for sideload when I had my Z10. My browser also crashed from time to time.

And as reeneebob showed, Android batteries have come a loooong way in just a couple years.

I've never understood those who say Android is cluttered or messy since it's so customizable.

The M8 is indeed a beautiful device. If I were to get one though I think getting used to the new version of Sense would take some getting used to.
    Our note 3 freezes and crashes sometimes. My friends S4 reboots daily. His problem is with the SD card but it's been a problem for months. Battery life is a futile argument. Use varies and so does the quality of each device it seems. Anyway, I guess my point is, like everything else people will report their experience whether it be positive or negative and at the end of the day that is reality to them. And it should be.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 08:36 PM
    Our note 3 freezes and crashes sometimes. My friends S4 reboots daily. His problem is with the SD card but it's been a problem for months. Battery life is a futile argument. Use varies and so does the quality of each device it seems. Anyway, I guess my point is, like everything else people will report their experience whether it be positive or negative and at the end of the day that is reality to them. And it should be.

Posted via CB10
    I completely agree. It reminds me of when the Z10 came out and there were the first reports of the rebooting issue. Some said that it couldn't be an issue because their Z10 was just fine. And even now we still get many who say their battery life is great and many who say it sucks. Just like Android, many report problems, many say they don't experience those things. Anecdotal evidence doesn't always ring true for other's experience of the same device/platform.
    grover5 and kbz1960 like this.
    04-16-14 08:57 PM
    definitely not, it destroys every android in design and quality
    Since when is plastic higher quality than aluminium? Dude can we just be honest and accept that BlackBerry need a design upgrade. The OS is superior but I'm sorry HTC's design and hardware completely destroy every other company's....

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 09:29 PM
    If only HTC ran BB10. One killer phone that would be.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 09:34 PM
    Since when is plastic higher quality than aluminium? Dude can we just be honest and accept that BlackBerry need a design upgrade. The OS is superior but I'm sorry HTC's design and hardware completely destroy every other company's....

Posted via CB10
    hold a Z30 it's not plastic except for the screen. Z30 is the nicest looking phone out there, it feels the best in your hand. It's louder then HTC One first gen (not sure about MT8). The HTC One MT8 is slippery as hell and feels clunky to hold. The high keyboard is annoying.

Hold both phones before commenting, looking at pretty pictures doesn't prove your point..

I do agree that HTC One MT8 has the best quality of all android phones though
    04-16-14 09:37 PM
    Then please explain you have 53% battery power left with 15 hours of use using the power saver mode turned on? My brother owns a Sony Z1 and this mode turns off background data so your restricted to only a handful if apps what if you wanted to use FB or twitter ect? Not trying to argue with you I just reported what my coworker reported to me. He received under 7 hours of battery power in a real world situation with power saving mode turned off. Given the benefit of a doubt perhaps my coworker received a faulty battery perhaps?

Z30 and loving it!
    I think he has a faulty battery. I have an option to turn off data but I never, ever use it.

Of course I also got excellent battery out of my iPhones and my One M7, all easily 15 hours or more without ever being left stranded.

He's either got a bad battery, a rogue app, or he hasn't taken a few minutes to make sure his apps are configured properly.

04-16-14 09:51 PM
    hold a Z30 it's not plastic except for the screen. Z30 is the nicest looking phone out there, it feels the best in your hand. It's louder then HTC One first gen (not sure about MT8). The HTC One MT8 is slippery as hell and feels clunky to hold. The high keyboard is annoying.

Hold both phones before commenting, looking at pretty pictures doesn't prove your point..

I do agree that HTC One MT8 has the best quality of all android phones though
    No.
    04-16-14 10:15 PM
    HTC ONE M8 envy? No.

But I've got serious retro-HTC lust! I've always wanted an HTC HD2 .... so hackable!

And by the way. Best. Phone. Commercial. Ever.

04-16-14 10:32 PM
    I think he has a faulty battery. I have an option to turn off data but I never, ever use it.

Of course I also got excellent battery out of my iPhones and my One M7, all easily 15 hours or more without ever being left stranded.

He's either got a bad battery, a rogue app, or he hasn't taken a few minutes to make sure his apps are configured properly.

Just found out he rooted his phone so perhaps that's the cause?

Z30 and loving it!
    04-16-14 11:25 PM
    I've always said from the moment the Z10 came out... the materials they used should've been metal!!! This was a new OS, a new form factor, a new BB...

The M8 is an amazing phone! (I have 2) and if I had to gripe about anything... the phone is a tad difficult to hold compared to the M7(this is me just being nitpicky)

If BlackBerry does decide to come out with a FULL METAL design, dual speakers, and no bigger than an M7, I would be all over that
    04-17-14 01:09 AM
    Just found out he rooted his phone so perhaps that's the cause?
    I rooted one of my M8's a few days ago, deleted some apps that I didn't want, put everything on loud, and the screen brightness is at max... been using NFC to transfer some content from my M7, as well as my Z10, also been downloading my "must have" apps to make it my daily driver.... going on 2 days and @35%

either something went wrong during the rooting process, (things may not have settled?) or he has a renegade app running in the background causing the drain... try rebooting the device, then monitor to see if there is a rogue app. If problem persists, the battery is faulty
    reeneebob likes this.
    04-17-14 01:14 AM
54 123