For the first time in my BlackBerry life I have serious phone envy! My coworker today showed me his M8 and I have to say it's one beautiful piece of engineering! The hardware design is brilliant, it's slightly longer and narrower than the Z30 making it easier to use one handed and the all aluminum case is real slick looking. But of course it's one major setback is of course is Android! Just can't stand Android OS (android apps on the other hand.....) anyways my suggestion to BlackBerry is that the if and when they decide to update the Z30 please do it in an all aluminum case please! If I could make a deal with the devil for a M8 with BB10 I would seriously consider it lol

Z30 and loving it!
    04-15-14 03:19 PM
    Just so you know, my friend just got his and like any new phone there is hiccups, the led doesnt work the bluetooth has some problems , but its a nice device i wish BB would come out with a all metal device,
    04-15-14 03:26 PM
    For the first time in my BlackBerry life I have serious phone envy! My coworker today showed me his M8 and I have to say it's one beautiful piece of engineering! The hardware design is brilliant, it's slightly longer and narrower than the Z30 making it easier to use one handed and the all aluminum case is real slick looking. But of course it's one major setback is of course is Android! Just can't stand Android OS (android apps on the other hand.....) anyways my suggestion to BlackBerry is that the if and when they decide to update the Z30 please do it in an all aluminum case please! If I could make a deal with the devil for a M8 with BB10 I would seriously consider it lol

Z30 and loving it!
    it is really nice but not much of an upgrade from HTC One which was arguably the best phone of 2013
    1magine likes this.
    04-15-14 03:27 PM
    Just so you know, my friend just got his and like any new phone there is hiccups, the led doesnt work the bluetooth has some problems , but its a nice device i wish BB would come out with a all metal device,
    You forgot the largest problem it's an Android phone! Lol seriously though I'm like you would love an all metal BB10 phone.

Z30 and loving it!
    anon721037 likes this.
    04-15-14 03:47 PM
    I actually like the Z30's metal frame + the je ne sais quoi back, as for the HTC ONE M8 I guess the 2013 was actually a nice phone and that's the problem for all manufacturers: they cannot keep the wow-factor spec wise so the phone is hardly for a normal user anything new but the dual cam on the rear. I appreciate HTC and love the company's work

Powered by Blackberry
    04-15-14 03:52 PM
    I wish we could somehow install BB10 on the HTC One.
    Allwyn John likes this.
    04-15-14 04:03 PM
    I wish we could somehow install BB10 on the HTC One.
    I wish we could erase Android everywhere and pretend it never happened.

Posted via CB10
    toneytone likes this.
    04-15-14 04:08 PM
    I wish we could erase Android everywhere and pretend it never happened.

Posted via CB10
    Lol I vote for IOS!

Z30 and loving it!
    Flatman likes this.
    04-15-14 04:22 PM
    Lol I vote for IOS!

Z30 and loving it!
    Not a big fan of iOS, but it is at least:

Reasonably intuitive
    Stable
    Resource-light

Android has a fantastic ability to crash in all areas imaginable, behaves inconsistently, has a frontend that is a mishmash of conflicting principles, and loves rebooting itself.

Sorry for going off-topic OP.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 09:49 AM

Reasonably intuitive
    Stable
    Resource-light

Android has a fantastic ability to crash in all areas imaginable, behaves inconsistently, has a frontend that is a mishmash of conflicting principles, and loves rebooting itself.

Posted via CB10
    You must have gotten some baaaad Androids. I have been using BB for work for about a decade, and been using Android for play since the Droid Incredible. The only device that ever had issues for me was the Thunderbolt, which I replaced and still works great. The HTC One is an amazing device.

I mean no offense here, but if BB had made devices near as decent as HTC has for Android, BBRY would be selling at over $100, not under $8.
    04-16-14 09:58 AM
    Cool. But I have a 30 and fail to understand how narrower and longer make it easier to use one handed. Perhaps the narrower, which I wouldn't want but I don't have small hands and the top of the 30 is a stretch as is.
    04-16-14 10:07 AM

Reasonably intuitive
    Stable
    Resource-light

Posted via CB10
    While I may agree with your conflicting principles statement, I have to disagree on your other points, at least on later phones and android versions, I've had a note 3 since the first week of November and it has actually been more trouble free than my Z30, 0 crashes, 0 reboots.......
    04-16-14 10:08 AM
    My previous phone was an HTC One M7.

After two days, the phone dropped two times from my hand, thanks to its wonderful (but slippery) aluminium case.

So it was already ruined as like it was one year old.

On the other hand I couldnt stand Android anymore, not practical at all, mostly slow and dragged, specially in an work day.
    04-16-14 10:13 AM
    My previous phone was an HTC One M7.

After two days, the phone dropped two times from my hand, thanks to its wonderful (but slippery) aluminium case.

So it was already ruined as like it was one year old.

On the other hand I couldnt stand Android anymore, not practical at all, mostly slow and dragged, specially in an work day.
    The 30 must be built well. I have a pocket pouch which doesn't cover the top of the phone. Twice now I've had it in my upper jacket pocket and bent over to have it fall out of my pocket and land right on the exposed part. Only one battle chip, real small and the phone is working fine.

I have learned not to put my phone there anymore lol.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 04-16-14 at 10:29 AM.
    beercraftr likes this.
    04-16-14 10:16 AM
    My work phone is currently a One M7.

I was so impressed that I used an early upgrade and got the One M8 to swap on my personal line. The nano SIM makes it easy to go between my 5S and the M8.

The M8 is BEAUTIFUL. And as far as instability or crashes in Android, I've had several Androids over the last year as my work phone, from a GS3 to a GS4, Optimus G, HTC One...and I've personally owned the GS3 for over a year , and none of those devices had the issues Decker is saying. None. I'm not an Android fangirl by any means but I haven't had those problems since gingerbread

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    timberdc and eyesopen1111 like this.
    04-16-14 10:24 AM
    While I may agree with your conflicting principles statement, I have to disagree on your other points, at least on later phones and android versions, I've had a note 3 since the first week of November and it has actually been more trouble free than my Z30, 0 crashes, 0 reboots.......
    Well I have the GS4 and it gets slower everyday after the six months mark, and I heard this is very common, my next device will be a BB if they put a decent camera on it. About the HTC One M8, sorry but it will be a great flop, none of my coworkers that have the HTC One are going to migrate to the M8, but you are right, the design of the HTCs is very nice.
    04-16-14 10:25 AM
    Well I have the GS4 and it gets slower everyday after the six months mark, and I heard this is very common, my next device will be a BB if they put a decent camera on it. About the HTC One M8, sorry but it will be a great flop, none of my coworkers that have the HTC One are going to migrate to the M8, but you are right, the design of the HTCs is very nice.
    I haven't experienced any slow downs, but I do clear my cache about once a month, I think a lot of problems some people seem to have with android are third party app induced.
    04-16-14 10:34 AM
    You must have gotten some baaaad Androids. I have been using BB for work for about a decade, and been using Android for play since the Droid Incredible. The only device that ever had issues for me was the Thunderbolt, which I replaced and still works great. The HTC One is an amazing device.

I mean no offense here, but if BB had made devices near as decent as HTC has for Android, BBRY would be selling at over $100, not under $8.
    I have owned:

HTC Hero
    HTC Desire
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Asus Prime
    Nexus 7 (1st gen)
    Nook HD+
    Nexus 7 (2nd gen)
    Nexus 10

Factory builds of Android all suffered one or all of the following:

Reboots/switchoffs (often regular)
    App crashes/lockups/unresponsiveness
    Odd popups appearing (browser exploit, when using Galaxy S2)
    OS broken - factory reset required

I have known others with similar problems and don't for one moment believe that such an obvious trend can be unrelated to the OS's stability (or lack of).

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 11:24 AM
    I haven't noticed this kind of behaviour either from WP7/8/8.1, BB10 or iOS by the way. I believe all three are more robust than Android.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 11:28 AM
    I haven't noticed this kind of behaviour either from WP7/8/8.1, BB10 or iOS by the way. I believe all three are more robust than Android.

Posted via CB10
    i do believe 4.2.2, 4.3 and 4.4 solved your issue. Especially 4.4, it's insanely stable.

I do prefer my Z30 or even my Q10 over them though :P
    04-16-14 12:34 PM
    i do believe 4.2.2, 4.3 and 4.4 solved your issue. Especially 4.4, it's insanely stable.

I do prefer my Z30 or even my Q10 over them though :P
    4.4 is on my Nexus 10. It's probably the most stable yet, but has random rebooted a few times. Apps are still prone to the odd freezeup.

Back when Android arrived as an alternative to iOS I was full of optimism about it. I could forgive its shortcomings. But it's been around so long now, and in fact some of the features that I had initially liked (broad codec support for example) have actually been pulled to try to push people into buying everything through Play Store.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 02:09 PM
    I like the aesthetics of the M8 it sure is a beautifully designed phone on the other hand it's internals need improvements my coworker drained his battery in less than 7 hours so battery life is an issue it seems.

Z30 and loving it!
    04-16-14 04:04 PM
    Yeah they need a better design no doubt.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 04:07 PM
    Yeah they need a better design no doubt.

Posted via CB10
    definitely not, it destroys every android in design and quality
    04-16-14 04:33 PM
    I like the aesthetics of the M8 it sure is a beautifully designed phone on the other hand it's internals need improvements my coworker drained his battery in less than 7 hours so battery life is an issue it seems.

Z30 and loving it!

Um...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-16-14 04:49 PM
54 123