Lol true

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 03:31 PM
    For me - phone first, camera secondary. The Z10 has a very decent camera.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 06:03 PM
    I have both and this is my thoughts

Z10 has truer colors
    Slower focus
    Time shift is great.

HTC over saturated things
    Bad zoom because of low pixels
    Great low lite it's best I ever seen.

Overall I think htc has slight edge but I do like the z10 camera

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 06:08 PM
    So there is a difference!!!

Posted via CB10
    Mega in megapixel refers to number of photo sites on the sensor. Mega is the SI standard for 1 million. Thus 8 MegaPixels= 8,000,000 photo sites.

"Ultra" is not a unit of measure in any recognized standard. So 4 UltaPixels could mean virtually anything the sales team wants it to. They realize consumers have an understanding of camera ratings in MegaPixels. So trying to market a 4 MegaPixel. Camera phone these days is a none starter. Hence the obfuscation of bringing in a made up UltraPixel" term.

Their photo sensor might have some technical advantages in low light etc., but why pretend Ultra is some new way to compare to Mega?

Flicked out via Zed10
    02-23-14 06:25 PM
    I understand their whole "super large pixel" thing... but I need more than 4 MP on a phone camera these days, period
    02-23-14 06:42 PM
    Well bad photographer will take bad pictures in every single camera D:

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 06:44 PM
    I have both and the HTC One camera is pretty great. Megapixels don't mean anything unless you are blowing up your photos into huge posters. It's a common misconception that the more megapixels you have in a camera makes it a better camera. This is simply not true and people have been duped into thinking so. Read this if you'd like to learn more about it: The Megapixel Myth
    Last edited by donnation; 02-23-14 at 09:54 PM.
    spacemanspork likes this.
    02-23-14 07:43 PM
    A lot has to do with the skill of the user, a lot has to do with the software. The HTC One has great photo processing software. The BB does not, BUT it has gotten better.
    02-23-14 09:31 PM
    Most people would disagree with you on this. The HTC One is known for its camera! I loved mine. Don't get me wrong I love the camera on my Z30 but the camera on the One is pretty damn good too!
    I disagree with it, my HTC One camera is terrible especially in low light. It's the one feature I wish HTC had of done better on. Next time around I guess, M8 is coming soon. Like BB10 though, under ideal conditions it does the trick.
    02-23-14 09:44 PM
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 10:50 PM
    Most people would disagree with you on this. The HTC One is known for its camera! I loved mine. Don't get me wrong I love the camera on my Z30 but the camera on the One is pretty damn good too!
    Really? My sister has one and all her pictures look like crap. Maybe she's just shaky, but it really doesnt look good at all. THe z30 is average at best, the htc one looks worse.
    02-23-14 10:51 PM
    Really? My sister has one and all her pictures look like crap. Maybe she's just shaky, but it really doesnt look good at all. THe z30 is average at best, the htc one looks worse.
    Look let's face it no cell phone camera is really all that good and none of us are Ansel Adams!

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    02-24-14 12:02 AM
    The one camera is good in low light but it's resolution and pixel sizes are a size able disadvantage for cropping and viewing at full size on a big monitor.

It's not that good of a camera. A lot of reviewers were rather underwhelmed with it.

If you only view on all screens than it will more than serve the purpose. That is what HTC says to mitigate the quality gap between theirs and competing camera phones.

It is probably the fastest android camera though, and has decent video capabilities on top of that, unlike for example Nokia which don't do anything special as camcorders.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    02-24-14 01:21 AM
    Spot on about the Lumia 920 with ois et al - the 1020 has all of that beefed up. Apparently, though i cant prove this as i don't personally get these results, but the 920 on auto is better in low light than the 1020. My 920 sits in a drawer as it has an unseemly pink tinge, when i take a photo. It is a day one purchase, was sent for repair, and has the latest gddr 3 and black firmware... And still a pink tinge!

Either way, if you want a camera phone, the lumia line are some of the best. Bar none. That 1020 makes a mockery of the others

Sent from Tapatalk
    Of you do video and sports the lumina camera sensors and software are so photo centric that they are worthless.

They cannot record high frame rate video like many other phones (if they can, then the software hasn't implanted it) and the third party software to work with it is basically nonexistent on windows phone 8.

Of Nokia wants to sell me a phone they need a better camcorder. OIS is not a selling point when you can use a tripod on a training center.

Poirots Progeny likes this.
    02-24-14 01:26 AM
    I disagree with it, my HTC One camera is terrible especially in low light. It's the one feature I wish HTC had of done better on. Next time around I guess, M8 is coming soon. Like BB10 though, under ideal conditions it does the trick.
    It isn't terrible but they do lack detail. Any camera is bad in low light (cell phone cams). Some are just better than others and higher resolutions or pixel binning can mask noise better. They just try to give you something more usable. Having a more detailed but unusable dark picture is not really a better option.

IMO they should have kept the one x camera or at least used slightly smaller pixels with somewhat higher resolution (5 mp) to resolve a bit more detail in the images.

The darker the scene the steadier you need to be cause the phone will use a slower shutter speed. Lots of people move the phones too fast when shooting. The shutter sound isn't the end of it 😀

02-24-14 01:30 AM
    Of you do video and sports the lumina camera sensors and software are so photo centric that they are worthless.

They cannot record high frame rate video like many other phones (if they can, then the software hasn't implanted it) and the third party software to work with it is basically nonexistent on windows phone 8.

Of Nokia wants to sell me a phone they need a better camcorder. OIS is not a selling point when you can use a tripod on a training center.

True - for static scenes it is brilliant but SLOW - i swear the iphone 5s can fire off shots as fast as you can hammer the screen - 1020 takes three seconds.

There is burst/blink mode and that buffers up the shots. With the latest firmware the camera is faster (and NOTHING beats RAW, would rather fiddle with the photos myself than let some hackneyed algorithm clean it up).

And it records 1080p at 30fps with all the ois in tow - and it makes for some of the most stable video imaginable?! With zoom! And the four mic set up gives you some of the best sound you can get on a phone?!

Check out rthatdrag race video comparison, with the gs4, as an example of how camcorder centric it is.

dpreview have articles showing how refined the 1020 is.

And absolutely - it is more camera/camcorder than phone.

Ultimately people will like what they like and trying to convince them is fruitless. Or like talking to a stone. Use whatever phone and whatever camera fits your lifestyle people!!!!

Sent from Tapatalk
    02-24-14 02:06 AM
    I have an HTC One. The camera is crap. End of Story.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=htc+o...=1100&bih=1298
    02-24-14 07:35 AM
    It's unfortunate for those people, and if you have that issue that is unfortunate too.

That is definitely not the norm. Odd colour tints seem to occur across the spectrum. Whether it be iPhones, lumias, Sony, lg, whatever, whatever - issues crop up. That is not the norm, though. If you've got a phone doing that; replace it under warranty, as it is faulty. Or else call up the card provider and get a chargeback (if you're in the EU).

Either way, that is not normal.

Sent from Tapatalk
    02-24-14 08:26 AM
    True - for static scenes it is brilliant but SLOW - i swear the iphone 5s can fire off shots as fast as you can hammer the screen - 1020 takes three seconds.

There is burst/blink mode and that buffers up the shots. With the latest firmware the camera is faster (and NOTHING beats RAW, would rather fiddle with the photos myself than let some hackneyed algorithm clean it up).

And it records 1080p at 30fps with all the ois in tow - and it makes for some of the most stable video imaginable?! With zoom! And the four mic set up gives you some of the best sound you can get on a phone?!

Check out rthatdrag race video comparison, with the gs4, as an example of how camcorder centric it is.

dpreview have articles showing how refined the 1020 is.

And absolutely - it is more camera/camcorder than phone.

Ultimately people will like what they like and trying to convince them is fruitless. Or like talking to a stone. Use whatever phone and whatever camera fits your lifestyle people!!!!

Sent from Tapatalk
    30fps is not good enough for sports. Newer phones are doing 120fps video which allows for super slow mo playback. That's needed.

02-24-14 09:06 AM
    No need to slam on the screen, just hold the camera button down for bust mode.
    02-24-14 10:11 AM
    Lol that's what professional gear is for!!

Not sure what phone (other than the superb iphone 5s) does 120fps recording but wow, that is crazy. Amazing even.

though i still think the 1080p video, from a 1020, has it beat. Simply because of physics. Sure, the iphone has much much much more, in terms of apps... Perhaps a near draw, but not quite

But then, just like with dslrs, you buy one fir great photos, one for video (though why you wouldn't get an actual recorder, i don't know) or get something that is good for both. I have a nikon D7100 that is great - but the pro stuff is better.

Either way, we are going to be spoiled for choice. Whatever the next iphone 6 is going to be like - if it is true it is packing the new Sony sensors - wow. I feel Sony has not been able to capitalise on the hardware (their compression tech has always been ... Funky) but apple will do something great, for sure. And lets see what the next pureview is like

Sent from Tapatalk
    02-24-14 10:19 AM
    HTC One HAS 4 megapixels. Marketing name is Ultrapixels, but it means that pixel is bigger than standard one.
    Is there a good explanation somewhere of what HTC is getting at. Right now, this sounds like Sega's old "Blast Processing" gimmick, though I'm sure it means more than that. :-)
    02-24-14 10:20 AM
    I purchase a phone on the premise that it is a good phone. Having a camera is a bonus and hopefully it is decent. First and foremost it should be a good communication device. If I really need good or great pictures I use my Panasonic Lumix with a Leica lens. End of story
    02-24-14 10:56 AM
    I thought you were going to praise the HTC One camera and I came on here to see some pics and so on, but I'm surprised to hear you think the pictures aren't great... I've learned that most of the time it's the software that's controlling the camera, not the actual camera lens / sensor itself that contributes to the good-or-bad quality of photos, and one thing the HTC did with the One was they picked a sensor designed to give better quality pictures, but I think only 4 megapixel which is not a figure that makes people go "wow", but if there ARE problems with pictures on your friends HTC One, perhaps he has sub-par sensor hardware or something is wrong with his OS... I'd contact HTC and look into it.
    02-24-14 11:24 AM
    No need to slam on the screen, just hold the camera button down for bust mode.

true - but i find it rather cathartic lol

I don't even like using the dedicated camera button on the 1020.

Just me i suppose :P

Sent from Tapatalk
    02-24-14 11:27 AM
64 123