View Poll Results: HTC or Motorola Android phone

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • HTC

29 30.21%
  • Motorola

67 69.79%
    which one should i get from verizon? the HTC android phone or the motorola ?
    10-18-09 08:01 PM
    Definitely the Moto from VZW.
    10-18-09 08:56 PM
    I've heard the Motorola Droid is going to be pretty cool. Then again, Android OS doesn't really impress me...
    10-18-09 09:30 PM
    I've heard the Motorola Droid is going to be pretty cool. Then again, Android OS doesn't really impress me...
    true but this is OS 2.0
    10-18-09 09:34 PM
    I'm really really impressed by the specs on the Droid and I'd love to try out an Android phone. But.... dear god why is it so ugly?? I wouldn't carry around a phone that looked like that. Might hold out for a VZW Hero release and pitch that against Storm2.
    10-18-09 10:39 PM
    What's ugly about the Droid? Doesn't it look like a Storm (when closed), except for the small release tab for opening the QWERTY keyboard?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 12:11 AM
    13-3 wow guess ill have to really check out the moto droid
    10-19-09 01:04 AM
    Id get the htc imo. I love the sense ui, because it sure put some life in the boring stock android.

Too bad i have a blackberry : ) haha

10-19-09 01:45 AM
    i'm going with the droid.
    10-19-09 06:48 AM
    Droid for me too unless the Hero really impresses me...but you guys have to realize that with the Droid, you'll be able to do so much customization with it that you may not be able to do with the HTC Hero...for example, since the Droid will be a completely open device, you could put the HTC sense UI on the Droid...in fact, many G1/mytouch 3g users have been able to put the sense ui on their phones...
    10-19-09 07:58 AM
    droid all the way.

those specs should have been on the storm2.
    10-19-09 09:30 AM
    Same.. find the droid a bit ugly :0 (based on the leaked pics)
    10-19-09 10:28 AM
    i'm going with the droid.
    10-19-09 10:29 AM
    I'm going with the Droid as soon as it's available.
    10-19-09 11:09 AM
    Droid has a stronger processor, and has been said that it's better than the iPhone (BGR).
    10-19-09 11:27 AM
    I'll probably get the Droid. The biggest factor will be the keyboard for me. The keys look really flat, so I'll have to see how good the keyboard is. I didn't like the Tour's flat keys at all.
    10-19-09 02:40 PM
    I just wish that the G1 would come to VZW because its the coolest looking android phone

10-20-09 12:46 AM
    actually had a g1 with tmobile i came to verizon for the storm1 eh big mistake totally miss the g1 even with early android
    10-20-09 01:12 AM
    to be fair, we know little to nothing about the VZW HTC Hero. The Hero on Sprint is very very cool though.

Wait until they're both out and you get a chance to use them. It's not fair comparing phones that really don't exist yet to the public.
    10-20-09 09:09 AM
    to be fair, we know little to nothing about the VZW HTC Hero. The Hero on Sprint is very very cool though.

Wait until they're both out and you get a chance to use them. It's not fair comparing phones that really don't exist yet to the public.
    yeah, I totally agree...I hear that the VZW Hero is pretty quick and responsive but not sure if the specs match up with the Moto Droid...I'm just glad that I won't be able to upgrade until Nov. 21st and if both the Droid and Hero are out by then (which the are rumored to be), then I will be able to compare the two...I'm so excited to have these options...I cannot wait to get rid of the Storm...my biggest complaints about the Storm is that it's just way too slow, hate having to reboot the device about once a day, and it's a pain just to make and receive phone calls (which is rather frustrating especially in emergency situations)...
    10-20-09 09:21 AM
    yeah, I totally agree...I hear that the VZW Hero is pretty quick and responsive but not sure if the specs match up with the Moto Droid...I'm just glad that I won't be able to upgrade until Nov. 21st and if both the Droid and Hero are out by then (which the are rumored to be), then I will be able to compare the two...I'm so excited to have these options...I cannot wait to get rid of the Storm...my biggest complaints about the Storm is that it's just way too slow, hate having to reboot the device about once a day, and it's a pain just to make and receive phone calls (which is rather frustrating especially in emergency situations)...
    Ah, see. I don't have any real complaints with the Storm. It's by far the best "smart phone" I've been able to use, and has also been fully functional. Ever since 4.7.0.151 and especially with everything in OS5, it's incredibly fast.

My only problem now is to see if I can wait until both the Hero and Sholes are out to do a fair comparison. Also, now that I've been a Storm user for almost a year now, I really don't want a physical keyboard --- but the Sholes is so thin even with a keyboard, that I don't think it'll matter to me.

Ugh. Decisions decisions. Too damn many gadgets for me to ponder.
    10-20-09 09:58 AM
    Ah, see. I don't have any real complaints with the Storm. It's by far the best "smart phone" I've been able to use, and has also been fully functional. Ever since 4.7.0.151 and especially with everything in OS5, it's incredibly fast.

My only problem now is to see if I can wait until both the Hero and Sholes are out to do a fair comparison. Also, now that I've been a Storm user for almost a year now, I really don't want a physical keyboard --- but the Sholes is so thin even with a keyboard, that I don't think it'll matter to me.

Ugh. Decisions decisions. Too damn many gadgets for me to ponder.
    lol...yeah, it will be a tough decision...

I really did like the Storm in the beginning even when people were complaining endlessly about it...hey, it was my 1st bb/smartphone so I didn't really have anything to compare it to (I was coming from the Voyager by the way, so the Storm 1 was an upgrade for me)...right now i'm on os 4.7.0.148 which is ok and a lot better than the previous OS but the phone is still slow and often times non responsive, and the keyboard still lags...I have a Mac so I haven't been privileged enough to be able to download leaked OS's although I hear there's a way to do it now but I'm not going to even take a risk of harming my phone or computer...besides, I will be upgrading to a better phone (IMO) come November 21st
    10-20-09 10:09 AM
    The droid all the way in that contest, however if the fabled Google/android snapdragon powered device comes out before I'm prepared to buy I'll be taking a long hard look at that. In the meantime I look forward to droids release and user comments and hands on reviews of finalized hardware. The software is to my liking. I love playing with the hybrids on my berry so the cooked roms for android should hold my interest for a long time. Go open source!! One thing I will miss is the crackberry forums...unless you guys all convert to and we get our own forum here

Edit: I see now they have in fact made an android forum here
    Last edited by forkup; 10-20-09 at 04:50 PM.
    10-20-09 04:30 PM
    I am a big fan of my Storm and can type really fast on it, even though my screen has been somewhat faulty for awhile. I do believe the Droid will be my next phone, something about Android is a big turn on to me. It will be nice to have an open platform that can be customized. Again, i do love my Blackberry and it will be hard to part with it, who knows i may be back to it soon. My girlfriend doesnt believe me that im switching, she thinks im still addicted to crackberry.....lol
    10-20-09 04:40 PM
    The Droid is the ugliest phone that I have ever wanted. I just couldn't allow myself to carry that thing around. Maybe if the final version doesn't have that horrid gold on it...but I still just don't like the design. The offset keyboard is also a negative for me.
    10-23-09 09:04 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD