And, sorry, I totally know wtf they mean by mobile computing, and it's a fiendishly simple concept: you carry a device with you wherever you are, and that device can effortlessly connect to whatever display and input devices you need at the moment. So.
    ok, so where is it? where is this mobile computing that BB is talking about? i can talk about some concept and never coming to fruition also.

theyre going to demo a car again?
    If that's the definition of mobile computing, then it's already here today, and it's not BBRY who is leading it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ml#post8514142
    05-24-13 02:10 PM
    Shame. I've heard nothing but good stuff about the HTC One. They did knock off the Z10 design a bit Imo though. But whatever.

Choice is good for consumers. I hope they manage to pull out of it.

Posted via CB10
    The One droped to market very close after the Z10. Do you really think HTC had time to see the Z10, and design a phone around it? Especially one that takes so long to build per unit. The one has probably been in development for 12-18 months.
    05-24-13 02:37 PM
    To the comments mentioning something about going into the general public and asking about HTC One or z10, realize this very much depends where you are. Here in vancouver strangers ask about my z10 all the time. If you were to ask a random person on the street I think the z10 would be much more familiar than the HTC One. Blackberry product awareness is much higher here than other areas I assume, considering there are billboard, print and television ads all over the place. Again, I realize that the same could be true about the HTC One in other parts of the world.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 02:37 PM
    Are you a BlackBerry fan or a HTC on here?

Posted via CB10
    Considering a hell of a lot of BlackBerry users carry two phones why should it matter? Or do you not red the forum posts?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 03:04 PM
    Back in the day I always wished HTC would spread their wings and make models with webOS on it... could you imagine the One with webOS on it? It would be beautiful... oh hold on I have something in my eye. Yeah.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-24-13 03:13 PM
    Meh. These are just the same doom and gloom articles we read about BlackBerry. The only difference is the name.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin and bluetroll like this.
    05-24-13 04:25 PM
    This article was written with the same template that they use for BlackBerry. Replace HTC with BlackBerry and voil.

Too bad though. They make nice phones, and got completely screwed by Facebook. Forget anyone making a phone for them by the way.

The HTC One is a nice phone and unlike BlackBerry, they decided to go head to head against Apple and Samsung. Good thing that BlackBerry decided to reassess their target and positioning.

I think this is an opportunity for BlackBerry also. Maybe we can start siphoning some brain trust or even be ready to jump on some patents if HTC decided to sell some. I think it might even be better to partner up with them: licence BlackBerry 10 so they can make tablets. That way they wouldn't compete against BlackBerry; BlackBerry wouldn't have to bear the brunt of producing tablets; HTC would not compete in a market that they seem to be getting screwed out of; and since PlayBook are targeted at different users than iPads et al, HTC might not have to worry about their survival for a time.

Just a thought. Anyway, sad story, and especially because I'd rather go with one of their phones than Samsung (if BlackBerry hadn't conquered my heart already of course).

Lastly, funny how people say "oh, that's sad" for HTC but the same people say "BlackBerry die already". Wtf.

Posted via CB10
    CecilTsunami likes this.
    05-24-13 06:24 PM
    Current market share based on phone sales is 1.5%, it is a smaller player than blackberry. Those are the facts at the moment. 2012 was a terrible year for HTC, with profit down 98%. I will correct my statement on HTC one sales, it has been projected to be around 10 million for 2013 not 2012. That is the reality.

Responsible corporations should act in a clear and methodological manner when it comes to the financial aspects of a company. End of story. I give Thorsten's full credit for bringing discipline to BB. It is a refreshing change from the wild west show we had with the previous 2 CEOs. That discipline is what is helping to turn BB around. And now, you just want to throw all that hard earned respect out the window. OK, good plan.

Like I say, when your an executive with financial responsibilities, you keep your mouth shut between quarterly reports.
    Samsung, Apple, Sony, HTC, Microsoft... All have no issues discussing sales numbers outside of mandatory quarterly reports. It seems in your Gospel all these companies are terrible and irresponsible and only Blackberry is responsible.

Hmm... I seem to recall the BlackBerry CEO bragging about London sales in the week following the Z10 launch.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2
    05-25-13 01:14 PM
    I think if Blackberry were to get an Android OEM to go all in with Blackberry 10 HTC should be the one they try to work with. HTC is know for its high quality hardware, whenever I ask anyone about an HTC is their quality that I always hear about first.

However HTC has turned itself around a couple times after big slips so I dont think its time to worry about a freefall yet.
    05-25-13 02:43 PM

Hmm... I seem to recall the BlackBerry CEO bragging about London sales in the week following the Z10 launch.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2
    Don't forgot the 2000 q10's in 90 minutes.

Per month?

You do know that manufacturing broke 2 million per month, right?

Posted via CB10
    So they should have manufactured around 7-8 million z10's by June 28?

Is that what you are saying?

And, sorry, I totally know wtf they mean by mobile computing, and it's a fiendishly simple concept: you carry a device with you wherever you are, and that device can effortlessly connect to whatever display and input devices you need at the moment. So.
    Do you mean something like the palm folio or redfly (I actually bought one)?

http://m.crackberry.com/first-look-c...oming-early-q4
    05-25-13 03:16 PM
    I'm sure it has been said here like it has elsewhere: android is for making Google rich, not handset vendors: Samsung is the exception not the rule.

Sad for HTC but the One should have had a 5"+ screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 04:12 PM
    If I didn't get the Z10, I would've gotten the HTC One for sure. That phone is gorgerous, the best shape I've ever seen on a smartphone. It's refreshing to see something different wtih the two-tone metal/black that looks so good. I love it. It looks a bit like the Z10.

And I hate the Samsung Galaxy phones. The S3, S4, Note 1, and Note 2 all look the same, all white with the horribly very-rounded corners. I don't know why I hate how round they are, but I do.
    Acumenight likes this.
    06-04-13 11:58 AM
    The One droped to market very close after the Z10. Do you really think HTC had time to see the Z10, and design a phone around it? Especially one that takes so long to build per unit. The one has probably been in development for 12-18 months.
    Pictures of the London, which became the Z10 showed up in November 2011. It changed slightly but here it is:

BlackBerry London: is this the first RIM phone with the BBX OS? | The Verge
    RECOOL likes this.
    06-04-13 01:13 PM
    Pictures of the London, which became the Z10 showed up in November 2011. It changed slightly but here it is:

BlackBerry London: is this the first RIM phone with the BBX OS? | The Verge
    Did it for me BB had that design long before htc.This phone gets called beautiful its a Z10 with grill holes and metal back gets no points.Its the same girl you want to bone with different hair colour.
    06-04-13 04:44 PM
    Did it for me BB had that design long before htc.This phone gets called beautiful its a Z10 with grill holes and metal back gets no points.Its the same girl you want to bone with different hair colour.
    Serious question....if u think they stole the Z10's design, then do u think BB copied the iphone's design? Many people think the Z10 looks like a iphone

Personally I don't care if they used the Z10 as the foundation or not (I personally dont) but even if they did, I think they absolutely nailed it. It's in a different class as far as looks when compared to the Z10. They Don't get me wrong, I like the Z10. Very...."professional" look to it....but it doesn't stand out. I'd venture to say I think there are quite a bit of people who wished the Z10 looked like the HTC One. That's just my personal opinion though
    rottonj likes this.
    06-04-13 07:11 PM
    I am happy about this.

I hate to see HTC in the position its in. A great company that is a little lost currently but I don't think it's fair for anyone to write the off yet. I hope that since they can't get the sales they exactly want out of android that they may eventually be tempted to license BB10 should BB go that route. If BB10 gains more traction, I would love to see BB10 in some HTC hardware.

I have no doubt HTC will bounce back. The One seems to be doing great. I've personally seen more One's than GS4's
    06-04-13 07:14 PM
    Serious question....if u think they stole the Z10's design, then do u think BB copied the iphone's design? Many people think the Z10 looks like a iphone

Personally I don't care if they used the Z10 as the foundation or not (I personally dont) but even if they did, I think they absolutely nailed it. It's in a different class as far as looks when compared to the Z10. They Don't get me wrong, I like the Z10. Very...."professional" look to it....but it doesn't stand out. I'd venture to say I think there are quite a bit of people who wished the Z10 looked like the HTC One. That's just my personal opinion though
    I mostly agree.
    Rello and rottonj like this.
    06-04-13 08:09 PM
    I am happy about this.

I hate to see HTC in the position its in. A great company that is a little lost currently but I don't think it's fair for anyone to write the off yet. I hope that since they can't get the sales they exactly want out of android that they may eventually be tempted to license BB10 should BB go that route. If BB10 gains more traction, I would love to see BB10 in some HTC hardware.

I have no doubt HTC will bounce back. The One seems to be doing great. I've personally seen more One's than GS4's
    I do not want HTC making the hardware for BB10. While the HTC One is beautiful to look at, the teardowns have shown it to be a very poor device to fix for literally any issue. Plus I have seen plenty of reviews of HTC hardware, including CBK when he was trialing other devices that basically state that beyond the beautiful screens, that the other parts and functions are of poor quality.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 09:06 PM
    Sad to see, really liked the HTC phones. Loved the build quality.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 09:16 PM
    Finally. HTC sucks

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 09:18 PM
    I do not want HTC making the hardware for BB10. While the HTC One is beautiful to look at, the teardowns have shown it to be a very poor device to fix for literally any issue. Plus I have seen plenty of reviews of HTC hardware, including CBK when he was trialing other devices that basically state that beyond the beautiful screens, that the other parts and functions are of poor quality.

Posted via CB10
    Well I guess it just depends on how u look at it. I mean, I love the HTC ONE looks beautiful and has the stereo speakers and a "ultra pixel" camera. Those are things that appeal to me. I love taking pics with my phone and would love an amazing pair of speakers on my phone. Those are things I can really appreciate. As far as other parts of the phone being low quality...its hard to say. I've never heard of people really having a issue with HTC's hardware on a mass scale. As long as it doesn't break u really don't have a issue. Things happen though. The camera on my old 8900 and my Playbook have just stopped working and my 9900 has a area of the screen that simply doesn't respond to touch even after I've replaced the screen lol. I'd still buy another BB device though cause I know that for the most part, my BB devices have held up. I personally would be interested in what hardware HTC could bring to BB10. Doesn't matter to me though. I just would like to see BB license the software
    06-05-13 02:48 AM
    For a company that has a world market share less than BlackBerry but sold 5 millions HTC One in its first month is a great freaking good. I like HTC, they have a great build and awesome phones. They are my favorite Android phones.
    06-05-13 02:07 PM
    06-05-13 05:39 PM
98 ... 234