The Canadian Press: HSBC bank will keep using RIM's BlackBerry as its business phone

HSBC bank will keep using RIM's BlackBerry as its business phone.

MONTREAL HSBC Bank, one of the world's largest banking and financial services companies, has no plans for its global workforce to stop using Research In Motion's (TSX:RIM) BlackBerry smartphone in favour of Apple's new iPhone, says a spokesman.

"There are no current plans to replace the BlackBerry," HSBC spokesman Donal McCarthy said Tuesday from the bank's headquarters in London.

"It is the business standard."

A recent report by ZDNet Australia, which covers business technology news, had reported that HSBC was considering ditching the BlackBerry and switching 200,000 employees to the iPhone.

Didn't take them long to put a end to that story.
    08-19-08 03:43 PM
    Good find!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 03:50 PM
    I am unsurprised. I nearly commented on the original poist but was just too tired -customers - love 'em, hate 'em they pay the mortgage.

The iPhone is totally unsecure for corpoate use - et alone a major global bank!

They may not be totally happy with RIM (who is?) but at least they have a vialble solutopmn that integrates with OCs.

For sure they must have LOOKed ate th iPhone and maybe someone who liked it shot their mouth off.... But I never, ever thought that HSBC would consder the iPhone in place of the BlackBerry. What a joke.
    08-19-08 04:02 PM
    Good Choice for HSBC!
    08-19-08 04:03 PM
    C'mon Stoner...you know me---> http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/hsb...itching-62921/

Lol...Just playn, yeah I threw this up yesterday because I was so happy they weren't switching.
    08-19-08 05:02 PM
    I really should have checked first, but I was so thrilled seeing the story retracted.

"Not a snowball's chance in h***."
    08-19-08 07:25 PM
    I really should have checked first, but I was so thrilled seeing the story retracted.

"Not a snowball's chance in h***."
    LMAO!!! Thats the part I LOVED as well.... It could NOT have been said better bro!!!
    08-19-08 07:27 PM
    all i can say is ... DUHHHHHH !!!!!!
    08-19-08 07:52 PM
    Thank god!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 07:58 PM
    I posted thoughts about anybody holding a position in HSBC would be wise to dump them, before the meaning of Brain Dead becomes public.

08-19-08 08:11 PM
    HSBC actually considered the iphone. it was not just reported on, but they were directly interviewed by CNET and admitted that they always test new, possible solutions that arise on the market and that they would be foolish NOT to consider new products as they arrive.

but in all likelyhood, it was probably more an attempt to push RIM to giving them a larger discount on a bulk upgrade to the Bold... like how average consumers (emphasis on AVERAGE) threaten to cancel so they can try and scam a deal out of retentions.
    08-21-08 06:47 AM
    Nice post or should I say posts...LOL
    08-21-08 06:51 AM
    that's great....
    11-18-08 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD