I have been a long time supporter of BlackBerry from my 9000 through my numerous BlackBerry 10 devices. They have and do meet my needs exceedingly well. This being said HP just hit up my work email with the upcoming HP Elite x3. (I then tuned in to the YouTube ad) And I must say this device looks wicked awesome in form and function. (like a very cool Z30 upgrade??) Their new tablet x2 also looks compelling. Having updated a few of my laptops to Win 10 I have been quite pleased. I am thinking Windows is going to play in a bigger space than many think and quickly. If it's sold unlocked and carrier bloat free I'll have to give this a look.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    02-23-16 01:59 PM
    All ready a few threads about this....

A device, nor an OS makes a platform..... but I do like the dock for the Elite x3
    02-23-16 02:36 PM
    I read somewhere that HP is very high in the enterprise market. So a phone would make sense
    02-23-16 03:48 PM
    The new HP looks very cool indeed.

Major issues I see will be price (it's very high end) and the lack of apps that continues to plague Windows phones. I have my eyes on this though.. Very interesting.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    02-23-16 03:55 PM
    Wonder what it will cost? Looks promising.
    02-23-16 04:25 PM
    Given HP's history in mobile I wouldn't give it much of a chance. They've never had a compelling mobile strategy, and their enterprise presence isnít as strong as it was. They've made terrible decisions such as only allowing server customers without serivce agreements to have access to driver and firmware updates which has moved many customers away.

It's a shame because they've had some really interesting hardware, including this device. The real weakness for this device is the inability to run x86 applications. If this handset did that, and had the continuum features it would be a potential killer device.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 06:14 AM